Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 21 Sep 20, 10:31 AM  
Link to this Post
4fromsuffolk
Very Serious Dibber

4fromsuffolk's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

We have used a animal behaviourist before that’s a very good idea of yours, they helped out a lot for us.
4fromsuffolk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 20, 10:36 AM  
Link to this Post
catherinesian
Imagineer

I am dog sitting my mums 2.8kg puppy (7 months old) at the moment, if this had happened to him I am 99% sure he wouldn't have lived to tell the tale. It's one of my biggest fears whilst out walking him. Last week we were walking in the woods and a huge German shepherd ran out of nowhere, no owner in sight. Luckily it was friendly and just wanted to say hi but it was terrifying and my heart was pounding - my OH swiftly picked up Louie just in-case. The owner eventually caught up and laughed and just said 'he's friendly' but that's not really the point is it, what if the dog had taken a dislike to me or Louie?! And how are we meant to know that his dog is friendly?

I am so, so glad Bonnie survived - although she looks really shocked in that photo, poor girl

Please, please take this as far as you can. The owners should be found, made to pay your vet bills and fined. And instructed never to let the dog off lead again / muzzle it in public.

Next trip to WDW Sept 2024 for our Wedding
catherinesian is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 20, 10:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
How dreadful.

It's one of the fears I have with my lab, Henry.

He had the snip when he was one, but he still seems to illicit an aggressive reaction from a few dogs, and in pretty much every case the owner will say something like "I'm so sorry, he's normally never like that" - it's happened enough times that I don't think I can put it down to them all making it up.

No dog has ever properly gone for him yet, but I always feel slightly on guard when we meet larger dogs that I don't know.

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 20, 10:45 AM  
Link to this Post
JLH
Imagineer

When I witnessed a dog kill a Yorkshire terrier the police were called and they did come and interview me. I used to see the dog on his walks later and the dog was muzzled so I guess that was the outcome of the police intervention. It was truly horrific to see made even worse by the offending dog's owner keep shouting he wont hurt him , he's friendly as he shook that poor dog around. I get upset thinking about it now , my dog is little , old and blind and I hate bigger dogs coming up to him as he has been bitten a couple of times too.
Old 21 Sep 20, 11:33 AM  
Link to this Post
JudyC
Imagineer

Poor Bonnie, she looks traumatized. I hope in time she gets over the shock x
93 94 03 2023 DLP
JudyC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 20, 11:42 AM  
Link to this Post
janeywaney
VIP Dibber

janeywaney's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
So another update, South Yorkshire police just called and went over everything with me, as DH was bitten and had to have medical attention it is no longer classed as a dog on dog incident.
They are looking through the CCTV along the path where we were walking, and contacting the football stadium to have access to their CCTV. 🤞🤞🤞 they might pick something up on there and are able to bring charges.

Jane
August 06 All Star Sports, August 07 All Star Music, OKW August 08 OKW Nov 09 All Star Music Feb 10, OKW Sept 10 OKW Sept 2011 , OKW Nov 2013, Pop Cenury Sept 2014, OKW Sept 2015, OKW Nov 16, OKW Sept 17, OKW Aug 19
janeywaney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 20, 12:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Helen J
Imagineer

You must have all been terrified. Almost exactly the same thing happened to a friend last year, a bigger dog attacked her puppy and her DH, puppy needed vet treatment and DH had to go to A & E with a badly bitten hand. Unfortunately the police didn't do anything, dog and owner are still walking around with the dog off the lead.

I hope Bonnie and your DH recover quickly, and I hope the owners are found and dealt with. If a dog causes an injury to another dog, the least they should do is cover the vet bill. Best wishes to you all.
Old 21 Sep 20, 12:05 PM  
Link to this Post
dreamadream
Imagineer

Mobile

I am so sorry this has happened, just awful, one of my worst nightmares as a fur mummy (and wife of course! )
I really hope they they both recover and that the police find the owners responsible before it attacks anyone else!
dreamadream is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 20, 12:10 PM  
Link to this Post
soooexcited!
Imagineer

soooexcited!'s Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Your poor little bonnie. Her little face, every dog owners worst nightmare. Hope you're all OK x
Old 21 Sep 20, 12:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Elmhurst 5
Apprentice Imagineer

I'm sorry to hear of this terrible attack on your young dog. I assume you have the owners details? You must report the incident to your local Dog Warden and as said if you have the owners details give them to him or her. As well, you must inform the police.
Elmhurst 5 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List