Notices
Shanghai, Tokyo and Hong Kong Theme Parks Shanghai, Tokyo and Hong Kong Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 27 Jul 19, 11:12 AM  
Link to this Post
honeybun1989
Imagineer

Japan help please!

I booked a holiday to Japan a few months ago, not long after my mum was diagnosed with vascular dementia .. Since then I’ve had no interest in planning for the holiday!
Now with just a month to go I need to get organised ..
we are visiting Kyoto, Osaka, Hiroshima and Tokyo ..
I have flights and hotels booked .. I will book JR passes today!
Any other tips would be greatly appreciated ..
Thank you!

Edited at 12:46 PM.
honeybun1989 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jul 19, 07:35 PM  
Link to this Post
kk20
Imagineer

Mobile

Wifi brick. Try for ghibli tickets. Try to book pokemon cafe. Kimono rental in nara (we used waplus). Tea ceremony in kimono (we used eena house). Disney tickets. Download useful apps on phone - hyperdia, yomiwa, easy japanese phrases.
kk20 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jul 19, 08:56 PM  
Link to this Post
honeybun1989
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by kk20 View Post
Wifi brick. Try for ghibli tickets. Try to book pokemon cafe. Kimono rental in nara (we used waplus). Tea ceremony in kimono (we used eena house). Disney tickets. Download useful apps on phone - hyperdia, yomiwa, easy japanese phrases.
Many thanks KK20, that’s a great help!
honeybun1989 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 19, 10:30 PM  
Link to this Post
redfox5
slightly serious Dibber

redfox5's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
If you are struggling with Ghibli tickets, try Voyagin (You can also get cashback with Quidco). They are currently on the case for us, as I didn't understand how to get them on the website. You can also buy Disney tickets from them.

I've also booked this Tea Ceremony - tea-kyoto/ which is highly rated on Trip Advisor.

Magical Trips if you want any time with a local tour guide, they do foodie tours and a pub crawl. This is pricey but food and drink is included.
Old 4 Aug 19, 12:30 PM  
Link to this Post
honeybun1989
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by redfox5 View Post
If you are struggling with Ghibli tickets, try Voyagin (You can also get cashback with Quidco). They are currently on the case for us, as I didn't understand how to get them on the website. You can also buy Disney tickets from them.

I've also booked this Tea Ceremony - tea-kyoto/ which is highly rated on Trip Advisor.

Magical Trips if you want any time with a local tour guide, they do foodie tours and a pub crawl. This is pricey but food and drink is included.
Thank you, that’s a great help!
The tea ceremony sounds good ..
I’ll also have a look at Voyagin ..
Thanks again! x
Old 4 Aug 19, 01:39 PM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

remember the word for thank you - Arigato. It goes down well in shops and restaurants. They will respond with a big smile and a bow.
ERICSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Aug 19, 05:27 PM  
Link to this Post
honeybun1989
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by ERICSMUM View Post
remember the word for thank you - Arigato. It goes down well in shops and restaurants. They will respond with a big smile and a bow.
Thank you! I’ll take a note of that x
Old 4 Aug 19, 07:16 PM  
Link to this Post
kk20
Imagineer

Also 'no' doesnt really exist as a concept (outright no is a bit rude). 'Chotto' is a wonderful word that always exhibits a chuckle when used. Look up the various phrases with chotto and that helps a lot.
kk20 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 19, 09:43 AM  
Link to this Post
JSP
Imagineer

You can go to miyajima from Hiroshima, a beautiful island, it has the floating tori gate which is spectacular.

Old 7 Aug 19, 07:53 AM  
Link to this Post
honeybun1989
Imagineer

Originally Posted by JSP View Post
You can go to miyajima from Hiroshima, a beautiful island, it has the floating tori gate which is spectacular.

Thank you! It does look spectacular but unfortunately it’s being renovated while we’re there!

Edited at 07:55 AM.