Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 16 Jun 20, 07:08 AM  
Link to this Post
tedley
Trying for More Ears

Originally Posted by aprilshack View Post
Would of thought Oct too.

Does anyone know when you can put your reservation number into my disney experience app and the reservation will show up? I'm not going untill December next year & booked last Wednesday but magicband orders are open and i want to be on the ball with Galaxy edge reservations/desert party reservations when they (fingers crossed)open up again as i expect it will be mega busy next year. I've read it takes 48hrs but nothing yet?
Our booking for next sept/oct linked into the app after week.
tedley is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 20, 07:35 AM  
Link to this Post
aprilshack
Imagineer

Originally Posted by tedley View Post
Our booking for next sept/oct linked into the app after week.
Thanks.Fingers crossed for tomorrow then. Picking the start of December next year with people who will of re booked from this year at xmas with the 50th anniversary probably isn't my best idea & i have 4 first timers with me so i have to help them organise stuff on the app too.
aprilshack is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 20, 07:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
It's not so much the "doomer & gloomers" what I'm saying is that they are close to 5 months behind & supposedly were already way behind before shutdown. They obviously have a lot riding on it so similar to pre GE- where guests were hanging off booking, you could have guests delaying waiting for Tron,Guardians etc Plenty of rumours about already cutting back, the big makeover at Epcot of Innovations was rumoured to already be in trouble & could be cut back to just throwing some trees & plants in !
So really they have the perfect "excuse" to delay but TBH I don't think they will - they need the $$$$$$
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 20, 07:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Donz1979
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Donaldfan View Post
The actual anniversary date is 1st October, well over a year away. Unlike the doomers and gloomers I think things will be pretty much back to normal by then and the celebrations won't be postponed.
I know we go 18 October 2021 and im gettin myself in right stress about it but hubby keeps saying its 18 mths away things have to be better
Donz1979 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 20, 09:35 AM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Well I'd guess that in light of them now no longer taking bookings passed Sep 2021, that it does in fact begin Oct 1st!
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 20, 10:19 AM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
i think it seems pretty certain they will be starting from October 1st 2021. The way you can no longer book hotels and park tickets suggests they are gearing up for something. This could be they want to have fresh booking system to keep the numbers limited to what they want or I’m betting a raise in prices as they know demand will be high to visit.
gjdjud is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 20, 12:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Shooby doo View Post
Well I'd guess that in light of them now no longer taking bookings passed Sep 2021, that it does in fact begin Oct 1st!
SD
That would now be my guess too.

There may be some minor celebrations before then, but it looks like the main celebrations will start from the beginning of October.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 20, 12:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Th1nkT1nk
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Shooby doo View Post
SD
This is exactly my thinking! They limited release before SWGE if I remember correctly? 🤔 Just a shame they didn’t realise it sooner to avoid disappointment for those trying to rearrange from this year! Putting it there then taking it off seems harsh.
Old 18 Jun 20, 12:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Donaldfan
Imagineer

Mobile

I always assumed it would be 1st October since that's when the anniversary is and it's the date they stsrted celebrating the 25th.
Donaldfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 20, 12:58 PM  
Link to this Post
amy56
VIP Dibber

I’ve mentioned this on the ticketing thread that is talking about 2021 passes now being limited to end on 30/9/21. I think that is a clear indication that the 50th anniversary celebrations won’t start earlier than the actual anniversary on 1st October 2021.

Those of us that remember the last really big WDW anniversary, the 25th celebrations started on 1st October 1996 and ended on 31st January 1998 (I was so grateful the monstrosity that was the pink birthday cake castle was down in time for my Disney wedding in the May!).

I think it makes sense for Disney to keep to the same sort of schedule - at least that gives them another 15 months to hope the virus situation is in a much better place and to avoid raising people’s hopes of an earlier date, only to dash them again.

Edited at 12:59 PM.
amy56 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List