Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 10 Oct 20, 08:23 PM  
Link to this Post
MinniMouse
VIP Dibber

MinniMouse's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I’m lost . I’m reading that you have to be staying on site to guarantee park entry? So, if we stayed in a villa, which we much prefer, and can only go July/August or over Christmas/new year which are both peak times then we could have bought tickets but not able to gain access to the parks? DH and I stayed on-site last time, beach club. It was on my bucket list as I always wanted to stay on site. We didn’t enjoy it nearly as much as we do staying in a villa. Just for freedom, staying onsite is just not for us. Not only that but if we were to return it would be with family and partners so villa would suit us best. There’s no way the rest of the family could afford to book separate accommodation on site.
MinniMouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 20, 08:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Ingram01
Helping Minnie

Originally Posted by MinniMouse View Post
I’m lost . I’m reading that you have to be staying on site to guarantee park entry? So, if we stayed in a villa, which we much prefer, and can only go July/August or over Christmas/new year which are both peak times then we could have bought tickets but not able to gain access to the parks? DH and I stayed on-site last time, beach club. It was on my bucket list as I always wanted to stay on site. We didn’t enjoy it nearly as much as we do staying in a villa. Just for freedom, staying onsite is just not for us. Not only that but if we were to return it would be with family and partners so villa would suit us best. There’s no way the rest of the family could afford to book separate accommodation on site.
You just need a park reservation to guarantee entry. You will need this whether you're staying on-site or off-site. Staying on-site in itself does not guarantee you park entry unless you also have a park reservation. There are separate allocations for on-site and off-site guests, with more presumably available for on-site guests, although Disney has not disclosed the allocations.

Edited at 08:53 PM.
Ingram01 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 20, 10:46 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by MinniMouse View Post
I do not know where you have read that, but it is incorrect. In fact staying onsite does not guarantee park entry. The only way to ensure park entry is to make a park reservation, both onsite and offsite guests have to do this and onsite guests have no advantage regarding availably. I think when they first introduced the new process, onsite guests had access to the reservation system a few days before offsite guests did, but now it doesn’t matter.

There are no issues getting a park reservation at the moment, although I probably wouldn’t want to leave it too late in case crowds start to pick up.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 20, 11:22 PM  
Link to this Post
2point
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
I do not know where you have read that, but it is incorrect. In fact staying onsite does not guarantee park entry. The only way to ensure park entry is to make a park reservation, both onsite and offsite guests have to do this and onsite guests have no advantage regarding availably. I think when they first introduced the new process, onsite guests had access to the reservation system a few days before offsite guests did, but now it doesn’t matter.

There are no issues getting a park reservation at the moment, although I probably wouldn’t want to leave it too late in case crowds start to pick up.
The availability calendar is different for each type of guest. There have been days when there are no offsite spaces left, but there are for onsite guests. There are days when there is no further availability for anyone, onsite/offsite/annual pass.
2point is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Oct 20, 10:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Elmhurst 5
Apprentice Imagineer

Like so many others, I hate the idea of having to make a
reservations to attend a park on a specific day months in advance, providing of course, that you have paid for your ticket as otherwise you cannot reserve a park day without it. As a family we have never bought tickets very far in advance, on deposit payable about 8 weeks prior to travel. We would never buy tickets a year or 6 months in advance.
Having never used the fast pass system, we have one child with issues and have kindly been issued with a DAS pass.

Sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong, machines in the parks where you can book a ride time, if an available slot and we have used this to book a rides as well.

If this system is in place permanently, I cannot see me ever returning to WDW. If on a 14 day ticket, once activated you have 14 days of park visits, cancel a day, not able to reserve another park on that day a whole park day lost.

We like many others have a rough plan of which parks and water parks to visit throughout our 17 day visit, but the option to change our minds and go to a different park from the rough plan would be lost. No park hopping is also a no no, as we do like to visit a different park on some evenings too. I really do hope that 2022 will see Disney return to its magical self with decent perks to encourage us all back.
Elmhurst 5 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Oct 20, 02:25 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsBC
VIP Dibber

MrsBC's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 11
Restaurant Reviews: 50

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by OrlandoNick View Post
I agree I will find it difficult to justify spending money on the Yachtclub without a dining deal and the ability to park hop. We will probably drop down a level or even stay offsite.
This is us - our last 8 trips have been at Y&BC which we love, but not without park hopping (especially into Epcot at night) and/or DDP. Offsite it would be!
I have a Plan A and a Plan B for next Sept/Oct depending on what, if any offer is released.
DCL Magic, DCL Wish
BOOKED - Beach Club Villas Sept '24, Disney Treasure & POR Sept '25
TRIP REPORT INDEX
www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=835984

Edited at 04:45 PM.
MrsBC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 20, 08:34 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaft88
Getting Excited

DisneyDaft88's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
This would make me really sad if it was to be the case, we always stay on property and love the option of being able to chop and change our minds, sometimes even while stood at the bus stop

We make a habit of popping to MK for the fireworks 3 or 4 nights during our stay, not having necessarily been there during the day - that I would really miss

Also a morning and the parks and an afternoon at TL or BB to ease the heat is a favourite of ours
Universal Sapphire Falls February '22
CBR - October '23
DisneyDaft88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 20, 10:46 AM  
Link to this Post
2point
VIP Dibber

You can chop and change your days, you just check the app first to make sure there is availability.

The lack of park hopping is a downer but it's early days to judge whether this will change later.
2point is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 20, 10:56 AM  
Link to this Post
bwfc4ife
VIP Dibber

Nooooo! Hate this idea! Will still probably go as can't imagine life without Disney to look foward to, but this make me feel really sad. :-(
bwfc4ife is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 20, 04:47 PM  
Link to this Post
AdmiralJack
Imagineer

Cant see park hopping coming back next year. Last time i posted here in August i thought it would, but as the US, after a few months of falling infection rates, seems to be following the European example and is now ticking upwards again, there seems less chance they will take that risk.

Plus, if they really intended to bring it back next year, its hard to see why they released park reservations for October onward next year.
AdmiralJack is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List