Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 5 Sep 20, 12:29 PM  
Link to this Post
paw
Imagineer

Our payment for Mexico with TUI is due on 12Sept. I had decided to cancel as we would not be going and after problems getting our money back from Virgin - not really as we were one of the first they refunded - and trying to get in touch with TUI in March we were not going to pay any more. We went into the shop and they suggested moving to next year rather than pay any more now or lose our deposit. So now going to Mexico in October 2021 - again not really - once December is open we will move to December or even January 2022.
paw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Sep 20, 12:50 PM  
Link to this Post
kadiekaismummi
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Donaldfan View Post
Virgin no longer fly from Gatwick.
Yes I know we were changed to LHW, we live & can walk quite easily to Gatwick, so if I’m offered a refund will take it & wait later in 2021 to rebook maybe BA or Tui, as we would prefer to fly LGW, but still haven’t heard nothing from VH regarding October holiday, but still available to book too on VH site at that date, but what happens if boarders are not open to us & us to them likewise & only two of us have ESTAs, not looked lately but think we may still not be able to get them ( not that we want to travel now in Oct). Xx if our choice from VH is only to move our holiday, & not be offered a refund then we will just have to go to LHR, but we booked Gatwick as it’s right by us So that is our preference x

Edited at 12:53 PM.
kadiekaismummi is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Sep 20, 12:53 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by kadiekaismummi View Post
Yes I know we were changed to LHW, we live & can walk quite easily to Gatwick, so if I’m offered a refund will take it & wait later in 2021 to rebook maybe BA or Tui, as we would prefer to fly LGW, but still haven’t heard nothing from VH regarding October holiday, but still available to book too on VH site at that date, but what happens if boarders are not open to us & us to them likewise & only two of us have ESTAs, not looked lately but think we may still not be able to get them ( not that we want to travel now in Oct). Xx
You can still apply for your estas, I did ours this week.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Sep 20, 12:58 PM  
Link to this Post
kadiekaismummi
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Scotsmomma View Post
You can still apply for your estas, I did ours this week.
Oh! I didn’t know that! I just knew a few months ago there was a hold on them Due to covid & Trump not letting us through their boarders so thought that was still the case, thank you x
Old 5 Sep 20, 01:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Donaldfan
Imagineer

Originally Posted by kadiekaismummi View Post
Yes I know we were changed to LHW, we live & can walk quite easily to Gatwick, so if I’m offered a refund will take it & wait later in 2021 to rebook maybe BA or Tui, as we would prefer to fly LGW, but still haven’t heard nothing from VH regarding October holiday, but still available to book too on VH site at that date, but what happens if boarders are not open to us & us to them likewise & only two of us have ESTAs, not looked lately but think we may still not be able to get them ( not that we want to travel now in Oct). Xx if our choice from VH is only to move our holiday, & not be offered a refund then we will just have to go to LHR, but we booked Gatwick as it’s right by us So that is our preference x
So really then you're going to have to do what the majority of us have to do, ie travel to an airport. Many of us have to stay at overnight hotels too.
Donaldfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Sep 20, 04:38 PM  
Link to this Post
1RGJ
Getting Excited

I'm sure Trump issued a statement saying he won't be looking at internal travel until January 2021. Why are Virgin not cancelling all non essential travel this year?
1RGJ is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Sep 20, 04:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Donaldfan
Imagineer

Originally Posted by 1RGJ View Post
I'm sure Trump issued a statement saying he won't be looking at internal travel until January 2021. Why are Virgin not cancelling all non essential travel this year?
Internal travel in America never stopped, only international.
Donaldfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 20, 04:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Nostradamus
Excited about Disney

Virgin have now given us an extra month to pay balance for December holiday. This is on my booking and not a request.

Can't see the holiday going ahead to be honest.
Nostradamus is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 20, 06:01 PM  
Link to this Post
pamatt
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Originally Posted by Nostradamus View Post
We are in the same position, our deposit is due September 26th for our December holiday.
You can change your holiday if you contact them but not sure if they will add more costs.

I will pay our balance and just let them cancel and sit and wait for the refund.
I'm the same, balance due in a week. Spoke to Virgin today and they won't delay balance due date - either cancel and lose deposit, amend dates, or pay and get a refund if cancelled.
Does anyone think December holidays will go ahead?
pamatt is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 20, 06:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Nostradamus
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by pamatt View Post
I'm the same, balance due in a week. Spoke to Virgin today and they won't delay balance due date - either cancel and lose deposit, amend dates, or pay and get a refund if cancelled.
Does anyone think December holidays will go ahead?
I can't see anyone travelling this year. I don't want to go anyway with all this cutting back and mask wearing.
Nostradamus is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List