Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 18 Sep 20, 07:39 PM  
Link to this Post
marypoppins38
Imagineer

Im another one who had the most horrendous morning sickness with my daughter. In fact it was more like morning, noon and night sickness. I would wake in the night with it. I don't think anyone who hasn't had it that bad can envision how awful it is and how much you just can't help it. I remember one day I was feeling a bit better so we went out to a local country pub for lunch. I didn't even make it out of the car and I cried all the way home again.
Ignore all the moaners OP, I can't believe that people saw a pregnant woman obviously unwell and didn't ask if they could help or if she was ok. Sad times.
marypoppins38 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 20, 08:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Scoop
Excited about Disney

I fully sympathise with you that is why my DD is an only child. I was sick all the way through, morning, noon and night. On the plus side I easily popped her out 😂 Congratulations and best wishes for the arrival of your little boy xx
Scoop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 20, 09:37 PM  
Link to this Post
magickate
Imagineer

Mobile

Congratulations!

It's never nice and sounds like you're doing everything you can to be prepared and clean it up. It really can happen so quick, I was fine with my daughters pregnancy but when I was having my son I had it all the way through. There's certain foods I still can't eat now and he's just turned 10. I remember one evening being sick in my own dinner, no warning at all.
magickate is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 20, 10:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Twin mummy
Imagineer

Twin mummy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Congratulations Op,
I'm another who gets it-I was sick every day, ended up in hospital and on a drip, was when we found it was twins.

I used to have a bucket in the car and at school I'd get in my classroom, manage to give the first instructions and then have to nip to the loo to be sick. It literally stopped as they lifted twin 2 out! Sometimes you just can't control it. I really think those who don't suffer have no idea how bad it can be!

Originally Posted by magickate View Post
Congratulations!

It's never nice and sounds like you're doing everything you can to be prepared and clean it up. It really can happen so quick, I was fine with my daughters pregnancy but when I was having my son I had it all the way through. There's certain foods I still can't eat now and he's just turned 10. I remember one evening being sick in my own dinner, no warning at all.
I did that too- hubby had cooked as I couldn't stomach the smell, brought me my tea and I threw up everywhere. Bless him he turned round, cleaned up everything and got me a new tea.
Old 19 Sep 20, 11:56 AM  
Link to this Post
magickate
Imagineer

Mobile

It was spaghetti bolognese, I was half way through eating it and my body just suddenly rejected it. There was quorn mince in my nose! Needless to say I haven't eaten it since.

It's funny how pregnancy affects people in different ways.
magickate is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 20, 02:40 PM  
Link to this Post
top4
Imagineer

I had severe morning sickness with both my boys ,so bad I dehydrated and spent 2 months in hospital! 🙄,but the sickness didn't ease really ... I'd constantly have bags and tissues with me just in case lol ...its awful and so debilitating, but will be so worth it when he's here with you 💓..I found icelollies helped gave me a sugar boost and was refreshing ... wishing you well xx
top4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 20, 03:50 PM  
Link to this Post
kk20
Imagineer

Ahhh. Pregnancy sickness. Wont miss that chestnut.

Dont worry, it doesnt get any easier when they are born. Wait until you are shopping and your baby in a papoose empties hard earnt pumped milk over the floor in a shop/supermarket/passer by. "Sorry, im really sorry" becomes an automated greeting.

Standing in a shop queue followed by a smell that will peel wallpaper is another favourite. I swear that nappy wasnt full one minute ago, the dirty looks become second nature.

The other favourite is griping/teething/constipation/dont want to sleep cry. The ones that can be heard from the other end of town and have purple faces. You become devil parent for not being able to keep your child quiet and victorian era compliant. Calpol age is like a magical right of passage.

Dont worry. Just carry on as if nothing has happened. That is till they are about 2, you forget, and another is born. Oh I remember now...

Edited at 03:52 PM.
kk20 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List