Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 20 Sep 20, 04:22 PM  
Link to this Post
hexagon
VIP Dibber

hexagon's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
Compulsive eating

Anyone compulsively eat?

I do a lot, it’s part the reason I’m so overweight. I just can’t stop. I’m pretty sure I have adhd (waiting for an assessment), which doesn’t help. It’s like I need something to help me focus on watching tv or browsing the internet, so I eat.

I just hate it so much. I don’t know what to do. I’m going to speak to my psychiatrist in the next couple of weeks about it. Hopefully if he does diagnose with adhd (I’d be surprised if he didn’t), that I can get on some meds that will help me. There’s a med that is used for both adhd and compulsive eating. So I’m going to ask if it’s possible to go on that one.

In the meantime, does anyone have any words of wisdom. I want to get to the root cause of it. I’ve been compulsive eating since I was about 8 and I want to try and get rid of it, so I can finally lose weight consistently.
hexagon is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 20, 04:41 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I struggle with my eating every day. No help I know but you are not alone. X
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 20, 04:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

Some people dont know when they are full, the body just doesn’t register it, also Hexagon, you mentioned your tourettes, which causes compulsive verbal reactions, perhaps it also causes compulsive urges to eat? Im no doctor, but might not be your fault at all, dont be hard on yourself.

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 20, 04:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by EssexSue View Post
I struggle with my eating every day. No help I know but you are not alone. X
Me too!

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 20, 04:56 PM  
Link to this Post
lyn1
Imagineer

I really like my food, or I should say crisps, biscuits, sweets etc and really struggle to keep my eating under control. I also suffer with depression and when it's bad the first thing that I turn to is food, I comfort eat [for use of a better phrase] all day long.
Old 20 Sep 20, 07:13 PM  
Link to this Post
hexagon
VIP Dibber

hexagon's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Loopylooloo View Post
Some people dont know when they are full, the body just doesn’t register it, also Hexagon, you mentioned your tourettes, which causes compulsive verbal reactions, perhaps it also causes compulsive urges to eat? Im no doctor, but might not be your fault at all, dont be hard on yourself.
I definitely recognise when I’m full, I just keep eating though.

Yeah could, that’s why I’m exploring the route of potentially having adhd as around 80% of people with Tourette’s also have adhd.

Thanks guys
hexagon is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 20, 09:53 PM  
Link to this Post
2point
VIP Dibber

Those items of food that are full of sugar and fat don't just appear in your cupboards by magic.

Stop buying them or at least buy only a couple of things like that at a time.
2point is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 20, 09:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Lairbears
Proud to wear my Ears

The problem for me I found, is a lack of water. From an early age I had misinterpreted thirst for hunger. Throughout my life I've been active but constantly overweight. I'm talking both boxing and football training through my teens and always overweight. And always with a healthy appetite and constantly eating. It wasn't until my late 30's and I started running and read up on nutrition in runners magazine that I realised this was in fact a thing. So I kept a bottle of water with me and when I thought I was hungry I took sips of the water until meal times and didn't buy any snacking foods at the same time.

Edited at 11:14 PM.
Lairbears is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 20, 11:31 AM  
Link to this Post
hexagon
VIP Dibber

hexagon's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Lairbears View Post
The problem for me I found, is a lack of water. From an early age I had misinterpreted thirst for hunger. Throughout my life I've been active but constantly overweight. I'm talking both boxing and football training through my teens and always overweight. And always with a healthy appetite and constantly eating. It wasn't until my late 30's and I started running and read up on nutrition in runners magazine that I realised this was in fact a thing. So I kept a bottle of water with me and when I thought I was hungry I took sips of the water until meal times and didn't buy any snacking foods at the same time.
Thanks. Yeah I’ve tried that, I always have water next to me. But it unfortunately doesn’t make any difference. It’s more I know I’m full but I need some input so I eat.
Old 21 Sep 20, 12:04 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by 2point View Post
Those items of food that are full of sugar and fat don't just appear in your cupboards by magic.

Stop buying them or at least buy only a couple of things like that at a time.
I don't have unhealthy food in my house my problem is quantity not quality. Possibly why I'm reasonably healthy despite my weight.
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List