Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 20 Sep 20, 08:22 PM  
Link to this Post
janeywaney
VIP Dibber

janeywaney's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Originally Posted by Megandllsmum View Post
Jane I'm so sorry to read this, I think you live in my neck of the woods unless I'm mixing you up with another Jane, but I'd Definately be contacting local police on non emergency number and asking on local Facebook page especially one for the area you were walking in someone might be able to help, If you were walking in a local park or outdoor facility they might have park wardens might be worth contacting they might be aware if it's a regular walker if you give them a description. Really hope Bonnie is okay bless her and your OH too, bet you are all really shaken by it xxx
I am from Rotherham like you 😊 we were walking alongside New York Stadium when it happened hopefully the CCTV was working and may have picked it up. I am going to keep trying to report it the thought that a dog like that can do it again fills me with so much fear 😕

Jane
August 06 All Star Sports, August 07 All Star Music, OKW August 08 OKW Nov 09 All Star Music Feb 10, OKW Sept 10 OKW Sept 2011 , OKW Nov 2013, Pop Cenury Sept 2014, OKW Sept 2015, OKW Nov 16, OKW Sept 17, OKW Aug 19
janeywaney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 20, 08:49 PM  
Link to this Post
ansi41
VIP Dibber

First of all, I am so sorry to hear this, it must be really frightening.
Last month my friends Jack Russell (which was on a lead) was killed by a greyhound that was off the lead .
The dog just ran for her, they had their one year old grandson with them in a pushchair so her DH tried to get in the middle but there was no way this dog was going to let go. I won't go into detail but my friend said it was horrific to watch.
To cut a long story short, the police were called and apparently the dog was a rescue and the owner was told that the dog should have been on a lead and muzzled when out
The police were just going to issue a caution to this woman for not controlling her animal but the sergeant was a dog lover so they have pushed for it to go to court because this animal is clearly a danger (I know we often blame the dog but the owner should be more responsible, awful woman).
The owner hasn't shown any remorse, not even offered an apology, and my friend is absolutely devastated to have lost her lovely dog in such a horrific way. She is on sleeping tablets as all she can see when she shuts her eyes at night, is her dog being murdered. It should be going to court later this month I think.
So my advice to you, is to absolutely do everything you can to get some justice for your dog. There seem to be more and more irresponsible dog owners and, as a dog owner myself, I now find dog walking is not the relaxing thing that it used to be (my Jack Russell was attacked by a rottweiler who was off lead (mine was on his lead) but luckily, he saw him off).
It seems that different police forces treat this matter in different ways, so don't give up if your force are not that proactive, maybe get your MP involved too.
Incidentally, they do not see my friend as the victim, even though she lost her dog so violently and is now a changed person, but her DH is the victim as he was bitten on the finger during the attack. He has been contacted by victim support and is getting all sorts of help.
So I wish you all the best and I hope your dog makes a speedy recovery x
ansi41 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 20, 08:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Twin mummy
Imagineer

Twin mummy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Glad Bonnie and your DH are relatively ok, what a horrible experience for you all. Please keep trying the police, the dog owner should be held responsible and the dog assessed to prevent it happening again.
Old 20 Sep 20, 08:56 PM  
Link to this Post
janeywaney
VIP Dibber

janeywaney's Reviews
Originally Posted by ansi41 View Post
First of all, I am so sorry to hear this, it must be really frightening.
Last month my friends Jack Russell (which was on a lead) was killed by a greyhound that was off the lead .
The dog just ran for her, they had their one year old grandson with them in a pushchair so her DH tried to get in the middle but there was no way this dog was going to let go. I won't go into detail but my friend said it was horrific to watch.
To cut a long story short, the police were called and apparently the dog was a rescue and the owner was told that the dog should have been on a lead and muzzled when out
The police were just going to issue a caution to this woman for not controlling her animal but the sergeant was a dog lover so they have pushed for it to go to court because this animal is clearly a danger (I know we often blame the dog but the owner should be more responsible, awful woman).
The owner hasn't shown any remorse, not even offered an apology, and my friend is absolutely devastated to have lost her lovely dog in such a horrific way. She is on sleeping tablets as all she can see when she shuts her eyes at night, is her dog being murdered. It should be going to court later this month I think.
So my advice to you, is to absolutely do everything you can to get some justice for your dog. There seem to be more and more irresponsible dog owners and, as a dog owner myself, I now find dog walking is not the relaxing thing that it used to be (my Jack Russell was attacked by a rottweiler who was off lead (mine was on his lead) but luckily, he saw him off).
It seems that different police forces treat this matter in different ways, so don't give up if your force are not that proactive, maybe get your MP involved too.
Incidentally, they do not see my friend as the victim, even though she lost her dog so violently and is now a changed person, but her DH is the victim as he was bitten on the finger during the attack. He has been contacted by victim support and is getting all sorts of help.
So I wish you all the best and I hope your dog makes a speedy recovery x
OMG your poor friend my heart goes out to her. I honestly thought Bonnie was going to be ripped to pieces I really did. It will stay me for a long time the sight of it. 😕 I say this time and again if your dog is not good with other dogs it should be muzzled when you take it out. Imagine if had been a guide dog how would the owner have coped.

To have the one year old see it as well how horrid 😱

Jane
August 06 All Star Sports, August 07 All Star Music, OKW August 08 OKW Nov 09 All Star Music Feb 10, OKW Sept 10 OKW Sept 2011 , OKW Nov 2013, Pop Cenury Sept 2014, OKW Sept 2015, OKW Nov 16, OKW Sept 17, OKW Aug 19
janeywaney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 20, 09:10 PM  
Link to this Post
jdouds
Imagineer

Should be put down plain and simple and owner not allowed to have a dog again. Police
jdouds is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 20, 09:16 PM  
Link to this Post
4fromsuffolk
Very Serious Dibber

4fromsuffolk's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

So glad your Husband and Bonnie are ok. Hopefully you will get through to 101 soon. Lots of love xx
4fromsuffolk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 20, 09:21 PM  
Link to this Post
janeywaney
VIP Dibber

janeywaney's Reviews
I have been trying to get through to 101 for 6 hours now, I have logged it online on the South Yorkshire Police website hopefully they will get back to be within the 72 hours it says on there.

Jane
Old 20 Sep 20, 10:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by janeywaney View Post
I am from Rotherham like you 😊 we were walking alongside New York Stadium when it happened hopefully the CCTV was working and may have picked it up. I am going to keep trying to report it the thought that a dog like that can do it again fills me with so much fear 😕

Jane
Definately contact the football ground like you say hopefully there is cctv footage. I've read your later update, glad Bonnie will be okay but it's naturally going to leave her wary when you do walk her again and probably you and your husband nervy too but hopefully that will soon pass, sending hugs to you all and Bonnie xx
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 20, 06:27 AM  
Link to this Post
evergreen
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mazbar View Post
I’m not sure but a and e used to inform the police when they get a dog bite.
This is what I was going to say, hope your DH & Bonnie are ok
Old 21 Sep 20, 08:09 AM  
Link to this Post
janeywaney
VIP Dibber

janeywaney's Reviews
Here she is this morning after nobody in the house had any sleep 😕

I eventually got through to 101 and left a message for a call back, they called me at 10pm last night and took all the details.

Now looking to see if we can find a dog behaviourist nearby as this has really shook her to the core, she’s not wanting to go out this morning poor little baby.

Jane