Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Trip Reports Trip Reports

Old 24 Nov 15, 06:01 PM  
Link to this Post
OrlandoLes
Excited about Disney

OrlandoLes's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Disney Dream 3 night Bahamian Cruise - Day 2

So then here goes Day 2 & apologies it's taken me this long after Day 1 but had a weeks holiday in rainy Portugal & busy days & weekends!

Day 2 - Nassau (but we stayed on the ship) 11/4/15

... oh hang on I guess I should spill the beans about "being owned" as my son put it by the Turtle in Day 1!

Ok here goes:

Well I was there enjoying my lovely steak in Animators pallet when over he swam & said "Hi what's your name" at first I thought he must of been speaking to one of the kids but he said "no, not the little dude, you the big dude" so I said hi back & then after the usual few exchanges of names etc he asked if the dudete with me was my wife & if we where enjoying a lovely romantic time in the big blue? He also asked if my wife would "cover her ears with her fins" which she did & asked "did I know what the most romantic language in the world was?" I replied French or Italian!?! & he then said "No it's so obviously Whale!".

It was probably around this time it dawned on me that the rest of the room was a fair bit quieter than it was a few minutes ago & that most people where listening into the exchange ... but hey nothing to embarrasing yet - correct, but not for long!

He asked my wife to take her fins away from her ears & I was then asked to repeat after him the following "I love you Catherine" Note: Catherine is my wife's name!
Not too bad you may think - wrong! He made me copy him in a very deep, long & drawn out speech (Whale speek I suppose) - totally embarrasing & the kids where literally under the table & I was as pink as the inside of my rare steak!
Anyway straight after this he asked my wife to do the same - ha ha revenge I thought but the Mrs just said NO I'm not saying that! & he moved on to some other poor unsuspecting person

So there you go - not sure it's quite the story it was built up to be but hopefully my embarrassment may put a smile on one or two of your faces

& so on with Day 2...

There can't be that many better feelings than waking up in a really comfortable bed (by the way the beds are really comfy & as good as the new ones at RPR in Universal ) with a view out over the sea with land in the distance & a lovely blue sky.

By the time we had got up & changed we where in dock & so up to Cabanas for breakfast, again a great choice & we all found something we liked.

Today was always going to be a day we would spend on the ship & to be honest we never really felt the urge to leave instead spending a bit of time sunbathing, relaxing a ride on the Aqua duck which was great & over too quickly & the kids toing & throwing to the kids/teen clubs - this was the first holiday where they did this & we felt that they where both very safe & it gave them a little bit of independence which I think is good for them. We had lunch in Cabanas & then a bit more of a wander around the ship, a game of golf & ping pong before more relaxing & sunbathing.

Dinner (tea up north) was in Enchanted Garden tonight (so no Turtles thank god!) & again we all had a good mix & match of the menus & left very full.

By the way tonight was Pirates night & I have to say that some of the passengers really go to town but being boring English people we didn't dress up but also didn't feel left out.

We had a walk around the joggers deck & caught a lovely sunset before watching tonight's show Villains in the main theatre. After the show which was great again my son & I was dragged around the shops by the girls & got talking to a lovely Liverpool girl who worked on the Pandora bit - was good actually as we talked so much about the cruise my wife forgot all about the Pandora charms & with very little time now before the Pirates show & fireworks started we had to leave without buying anything - result

The queues for the lifts just before the show was manic & we ended up running (read crawling) up 5 flights of stairs so we didn't miss the start. The show was good & the fireworks amazing & weird to see at least 3 other ships out to sea all getting a free firework display!

By the time the fireworks had finished & we had got some drinks from near Cabanas it was nearly 11 so we decided to call it a day & head back for our chocolate fix & the surprise towel animal - I think the second picture is better - just had to eat the chocolates first

Thanks for reading - Day 3 is Castaway Cay & not as much to talk about but quite a few piccies

Cheers
Les
Windsor Hills Villa - May 2012; Rolling Hills Villa - Easter 2014; High Grove DIBB Villa / RPR / Disney Dream - Easter 2015; Sunset Lakes DIBB Villa /HRH/ Disney Dream - August 2016; NYC / St Pete's Beach / DIBB Townhouse at Windsor hills - Easter 2018; Flights / Sunset Lakes Villa / Harmony of the Seas Cruise - Easter 2020 Didn’t happen!
OrlandoLes is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Nov 15, 06:15 PM  
Link to this Post
daffodil92
Imagineer

Great report - really enjoyed reading it : )
Can I ask a question? Was it much quieter on the ship in Nassau or did lots of people stay on board?
daffodil92 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Nov 15, 08:58 PM  
Link to this Post
OrlandoLes
Excited about Disney

OrlandoLes's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by daffodil92 View Post
Great report - really enjoyed reading it : )
Can I ask a question? Was it much quieter on the ship in Nassau or did lots of people stay on board?
It was a little quieter but I reckon most did the same as us, the day still worked out great though
Windsor Hills Villa - May 2012; Rolling Hills Villa - Easter 2014; High Grove DIBB Villa / RPR / Disney Dream - Easter 2015; Sunset Lakes DIBB Villa /HRH/ Disney Dream - August 2016; NYC / St Pete's Beach / DIBB Townhouse at Windsor hills - Easter 2018; Flights / Sunset Lakes Villa / Harmony of the Seas Cruise - Easter 2020 Didn’t happen!

Edited at 11:53 PM.
OrlandoLes is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Nov 15, 10:43 PM  
Link to this Post
sheluk
Imagineer

Mobile

Thanks for sharing - sounds like a lovely day! Can't wait to experience it in Jan!

Love the sound of your whale talk
sheluk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List