Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11 Feb 17, 03:18 PM  
Link to this Post
codym
Very Serious Dibber

codym's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Our 5th Trip of Firsts: Day 12 - Our Wedding Anniversary :)

Today was our wedding anniversary. Our first time celebrating it abroad & we couldn't think of anywhere else we would rather be We had dinner booked in the Tommy Bahama restaurant at Pointe Orlando for later on.
We tried the new IHOP on H27 for breakfast. This is our third time trying IHOP over the years and we are never very happy with it. The food came in dribs and drabs and was only warm not hot. It's always just a bit blah so we probably won't bother with an IHOP again.

We headed to Typhoon Lagoon after breakfast and it looked nice and quiet when we pulled up

Great day, got ourselves settled in front of the wave pool. Kids played away on the little slides and at the back of the pool. We all went off for some slides then. They all love having a laugh at me on slides! I always manage to fall out of the rafts or rings when trying to get out of them and come up coughing and spluttering, it's never a very gracious exit for me and the boys love to watch and laugh at me, such a loving family Back to the wave pool after a few slides, Robbie and Fionn like to go as far up the font as they can, I stay at the back with Odhran and worry about Fionn being too far up the front, he's always fine and absolutely loves it but that big wave freaks me out! We left about 2pm and went back to the villa, the kids were straight in the pool even though they'd spent the morning in the waterpark! We just chilled out, had lunch, wrote some notes and got ready for our evening

Fionn took this selfie on the selfie stick before we left!
Drove to Pointe Orlando, you get free valet parking if dining in Tommy Bahama so we pulled up in our Nissan rental behind all the fancy cars and handed over the keys
Headed into the shop first for a little look around and Robbie made his purchase (he can't enter a TB without buying something!). It was Election Day here and we chatted to the sales guys about this. Neither of them seemed enthusiastic about Trump so I'd say they were disappointed the next morning.
Anyway, we went to the restaurant and got seated. The kids started dozing off straight away, I think the day in water had them exhausted!

Dinner was delicious as is usual here. The cocktails are ridiculously strong. I couldn't finish my second one as it was going to my head so much, I felt like I was on my 5th not 2nd. Again, this has always be n my experience here, they must use much more alcohol than usual in the cocktails. They are delicious though
More selfies while waiting on the car, lovely end to a lovely day

3 Part Extravaganza Oct/Nov 2017 *IN PROGRESS*
codym is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List