Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 17 Dec 17, 04:13 PM  
Link to this Post
wildwood
Excited about Disney

Mobile Disney cruise

Sorry if this is the wrong place , having never been on a cruise in my life can someone answer a few questions I have about the cruise .
1 , do you have to pay to go to castaways cay or only if you want to do the activities like jet ski ECT .
2, are alcoholic drinks expensive , not wanting to get plastered but we do enjoy a few cocktails and maybe a glass of wine in the evenings .
3, which part of the ship is best to book .
Thank you in advance .
wildwood is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Dec 17, 04:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
I was in the same boat (no pun intended) as you and asked very similar questions but on the Cruise Forum. Thats where you will get the answers you want.

I found the responses I got were excellent, some very knowledgable people on here and so helpful. We booked in the end for May 19.

I will ask the Mods to move this post for you.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Dec 17, 06:29 PM  
Link to this Post
wildwood
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Thanks so much for your help x
wildwood is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Dec 17, 09:00 PM  
Link to this Post
tinkerella123
Imagineer

Mobile

[QUOTE=wildwood;12980167]Sorry if this is the wrong place , having never been on a cruise in my life can someone answer a few questions I have about the cruise .
1 , do you have to pay to go to castaways cay or only if you want to do the activities like jet ski ECT

Castaway is included in the price of your cruise, however extra activities like jet skiing, snorkelling is extra, ( take your own snorkel and you can use the life vest for free.)

2, are alcoholic drinks expensive , not wanting to get plastered but we do enjoy a few cocktails and maybe a glass of wine in the evenings .

You are able to take on board 2 bottles of wine per person or beer ( think it’s 6 cans but not certain ) don’t forget corkscrew or you will be charged a cork fee, they used to allow spirits but unfortunately they have stopped this, all to be taken onboard with your hand luggage.

They say port side is better for views depends on what islands you are visiting but we don’t have a preference, we tend to pick staterooms that are not far away from cabanas.
tinkerella123 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Dec 17, 09:23 PM  
Link to this Post
wildwood
Excited about Disney

Mobile

[QUOTE=tinkerella123;12980427]
Originally Posted by wildwood View Post
Sorry if this is the wrong place , having never been on a cruise in my life can someone answer a few questions I have about the cruise .
1 , do you have to pay to go to castaways cay or only if you want to do the activities like jet ski ECT

Castaway is included in the price of your cruise, however extra activities like jet skiing, snorkelling is extra, ( take your own snorkel and you can use the life vest for free.)

You are able to take on board 2 bottles of wine per person or beer ( think it’s 6 cans but not certain ) don’t forget corkscrew or you will be charged a cork fee, they used to allow spirits but unfortunately they have stopped this, all to be taken onboard with your hand luggage.

They say port side is better for views depends on what islands you are visiting but we don’t have a preference, we tend to pick staterooms that are not far away from cabanas.

Thanks so much that is very helpful .
Old 18 Dec 17, 01:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Bats
Disney Cruise Line VIP!

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
Hi there, just to add ...

You don't need a corkscrew. Any alcohol you bring onto the ship can be consumed in your room and your stateroom host will bring you a corkscrew and some nice wine glasses. Or, be common, buy screw tops and use the little tumbler glasses already in the room!

Alcohol is not expensive unless you go for a particularly expensive brand. Most cocktails are $5-7 with the drink of the (DOTD) nearer to that $5. The cocktails are all individually made unlike other cruise lines who use pre-mixed stuff. It may not bother you, but it did me. #FussyCow

As to where on the ship, there is no right answer to this. Have a look at the website HERE and see what cruise suits you regarding dates, cost etc. Once you've decided on that, we can help with location of stateroom.
I've not personally heard of the 'port (left) being best side', and for Castaway Cay, it's actually starboard (right) that's much better.

Loads of free things to do on CC too so no need to pay for any excursion. You're only there for a day, don't fill it with expensive things to do.

Hope that helps
Joa
Old 18 Dec 17, 07:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Omega1
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bats View Post
The cocktails are all individually made unlike other cruise lines who use pre-mixed stuff. It may not bother you, but it did me. #FussyCow
Joa
In recent years we're most familiar with Princess and Holland America, but never had a pre-mixed cocktail. Always freshly made from scratch.
Omega1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Dec 17, 08:16 PM  
Link to this Post
wildwood
Excited about Disney

Mobile

That's great news about the drinks price and I am fussy to and always like my cocktails made each drink hate pre made cocktails . Top tip about being able to get glasses and corkscrew brought to you room and also thanks for the info on c.c . We are thinking of the 3 day from port carnavel to Bahamas on the 20th April may be as we are over for 15 days but have universal tickets or go again in November do the same 3 day route but then just have 10 day after to relax with no park tickets bought .
Old 19 Dec 17, 11:15 AM  
Link to this Post
Bats
Disney Cruise Line VIP!

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
Originally Posted by Omega1 View Post
In recent years we're most familiar with Princess and Holland America, but never had a pre-mixed cocktail. Always freshly made from scratch.
Princess had pre-mix then they added the alcohol. It was nasty. Not the whole thing pre-mixed, just the juices and flavour bit ... sorry for confusion.

Originally Posted by wildwood View Post
That's great news about the drinks price and I am fussy to and always like my cocktails made each drink hate pre made cocktails . Top tip about being able to get glasses and corkscrew brought to you room and also thanks for the info on c.c . We are thinking of the 3 day from port carnavel to Bahamas on the 20th April may be as we are over for 15 days but have universal tickets or go again in November do the same 3 day route but then just have 10 day after to relax with no park tickets bought .
I would try to fit a 4 night in as opposed to 3. On the 3 nights, you will be so rushed to do things, you'll miss relaxing and that's the joy of cruising!