Disneyland Paris Trip Reports Trip Reports

Old 25 Feb 18, 07:09 PM  
Link to this Post
syber32
Serious Dibber

A snowy trip to DLP February 2018 Day 3

Hi
Day 3 our last day

This morning it was not snowing but it had rained in the early hours and with the temperature it was lethal outside. I looked out and I could see people getting out of cars and slipping about - a lady walked gingerly past the front of the hotel and nearly fell over a few times - again cast members were outside with shovels trying to clear ice but not getting very far.
As we had done most of the small rides in Disneyland Parc we decided to go down to the pool for a swim.

This pic was actually taken when I showed Mum the pool on our first day.

The Pool was nice and warm - I always find the sequoia lodge pool to be a bit cold but this was nice - it got a bit colder by the outside door area obviously but otherwise it was fine. We had a brief spell in the jacuzzi but not long as the bubbles stopped - like the Sequoia the are on for 15 mins then stop for 15 mins. We went back in the pool for a bit and then when they were back on we got back in the Jacuzzi. We hadnt been in there for more than 5 mins when a life guard came over crouched down beside me and said I'm very sorry we have to close the pool . That was a shame but I told him okay - there must be a good reason I thought - then he got a little closer with a lowered voice and said "there is a poop in the pool"

We got out - my mum hadnt heard him say this to me and she was wondering what the problem was - when we got into the quiet of the changing room I told her - she thought it was both gross and hilarious the hilarity coming from how the life guard had said it. I had actually seen him peering into the water with a 2nd life guard just before he came over to us - I did wonder what they were looking at - now I knew.

The pool was not busy - there had been me and my mum and a lady with 2 junior school age girls - however a couple with a toddler had come and gone very quickly - Mum and I both agreed they were the likely suspects. I felt sorry for the family with the 2 older girls as they had been there a while but Dad had only just come out of the changing rooms to join them and had to go straight back in again.

We headed back to our room for a shower and change and then out to the Studios. I had booked us a late lunch at Bistro Chez Remy.

Selfie near the partners statue

And then Mum wanted a picture with the Hollywood sign in the background
Unfortuantely its back to front on the front facing camera - I will have to rotate it somehow - I'm not very technical with things like this.

Before our Lunch we went on Ratatouille again - very short wait about 10 mins.

I didnt take any picture in the restaurant - Im not sure why, sometimes I just forget - whoops.
Its was a very nice meal, we both had the steak chips and a nice dessert with a nice bottle of Chardonnay as well. Again using the voucher and my annual pass discount. We left our server Anthony a good tip- he was very nice - he actually was our waiter last year as well - mum remembered him and also when my husband and I ate there at New Year.

We decided to have a walk over to Disneyland Parc - the carousel was open so made that our first ride.

It certainly was nice and sunny and bright today - but still very cold, we headed over to Pirates of the Caribbean again.

Adventure Isle area was still closed today - still a lot of snow around there.

Frontier land and a frozen River

Unfortunately no Mine Train in action.

So we had a go at the shooting gallery

Then onto its a Small World.

Time went very quickly today. About 45 mins before Illuminations we noticed that Big Thunder Mountain was up and running, we had not been able to go on this as it had been closed so with a 30 minute wait we got in the queue - it moved fairly quickly then stopped - then came the announcement of technical difficulties - then a short time later the announcement that it was closed - We were disappointed but It cant be helped. So we wandered over to get a spot for Illuminations - mum loved it - I think its good but I miss some of the scenes/songs that were in dreams - such as Tangled and I'm not a fan of the new Beauty and the Beast film I would much rather see the animated version used in the show.

Back at the hotel we checked the car - we had an early start and an early flight in the morning. We hadn't looked at it since we left it there on our arrival day - it was covered in thick ice and snow - luckily a man who's car was next to ours lent us an ice scraper otherwise we would have been ages with only our clubcards. I didn't understand why there wasn't an ice scraper in the car. However when we dropped it back and mum got out of her seat she had been sitting on it. I hadn't noticed it on the seat last night cause it was dark and she had sat on it for two journeys without knowing - oh well

We had a lovely holiday and look forward to our next one - perhaps at a warmer time of the year next time

Thanks for reading
syber32 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Feb 18, 07:37 PM  
Link to this Post
clochette
Apprentice Imagineer

Glad you had a good - if cold- time. The snow looks beautiful. It was just piles of dirty ice by the time we got there.
clochette is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Feb 18, 09:19 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsSilverStar
Imagineer

We never made it into the pool, I'm not disappointed after that story

I've only ever seen Illuminations but I agree that I'm not fussed about the live action Beauty and the Beast - would have much preferred to see the original.

Sounds like you had a lovely trip, even with the snow! We're thinking about a Christmas visit next time but it would be lovely to go at a warm time!
MrsSilverStar is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 18, 01:43 PM  
Link to this Post
syber32
Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by MrsSilverStar View Post
We never made it into the pool, I'm not disappointed after that story

I've only ever seen Illuminations but I agree that I'm not fussed about the live action Beauty and the Beast - would have much preferred to see the original.

Sounds like you had a lovely trip, even with the snow! We're thinking about a Christmas visit next time but it would be lovely to go at a warm time!
Shame really because the pool was great up until the incident ..😲 Christmas is lovely but we've had freezing fog and ice when we've been before however it's magical so we would do it again. We went in August in 2016 though and it was so warm we could actually go round without a coat or even a cardi on which was lovely.

Edited at 01:44 PM.
syber32 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List