Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Closed Thread

Old 20 Feb 06, 02:04 PM  
Link to this Post

planning at day at the beach ( long story)

some of you may know about our ds thomas getting badly stung by a jellyfish whilst on holiday in corfu, to cut a very long horrible story short we almost lost him but thank god he is with us today we have never been back to a beach since then (june 2003) but we feel we need to go to a beach and let him paddle in shallow sea to move on from this horrible incident, Thomas himself is not bothered by what happened and desperatly wants to go the seaside! its mum and dad who are terrified, we feel that now he is 6 (almost) we are doing him damage by keeping him away from the beach and putting a fear into him that fortunatly and amazingly he hasnt got, so i would really appreciate any views of a good beach to take him to whilst in florida this yr, i know this all may sound silly to many but it really affected us, at the end of the day i watched my son almost die, it will never leave us but we hope we can move on from it, hope you can help.

p.s - photos of the beach you recommend would be great if possible.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 06, 02:24 PM  
Link to this Post

As it sounds more like you than him that needs to get over the incident, have you considered using Discovery Cove? He is almost 6 (if he is over 6 he can swim with flipper), it's a controlled environment, and you will feel much more secure. Granted, it's a lot more money than a free day at the beach, but it would be a nice little step in the right direction for you, rather than him! Once your confidence is improved, then look at another beach. If you go straight to open water, you are likely to have a horrible, panic-ridden day - this combines a little bit of therapy with a fun day out!
Old 20 Feb 06, 02:31 PM  
Link to this Post

Either that or do one of the resort beaches...

As you say maybe more for your peace of mind but he will not realise the difference
Old 20 Feb 06, 05:28 PM  
Link to this Post

we went to discovery cove last year, he loved it and wasnt bothered by the stingrays he is happy to be in water and around fishes etc... so its time for the beach! we do plan to go back and let him swim with the dolphins he cant wait.
Old 20 Feb 06, 11:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Catherine
Imagineer

I just wanted to say how awful for you, gosh its terrible. My brother got stung by lots of jelly fish once and he said if they had done that to a child it could have caused lots of damage.

I hope you find a lovely beach and have a fab time, you truely deserve it.

Catherine
Catherine is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 06, 11:30 AM  
Link to this Post

thankyou Catherine just looking at your countdown i notice you are staying in an Iberostar hotel/complex, when thomas was stung by the jellyfish we were staying in one of their hotels and they were outstanding we dont stay in hotels now unless they are Iberostar, you will not be dissapointed we gave them a 100%feedback. Hope you too have a fab holiday.

ps - let me know how your holiday goes we nearly booked to go there this yr and may book for next year.
Old 21 Feb 06, 11:30 AM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread