Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Closed Thread

Old 13 Feb 06, 10:31 PM  
Link to this Post

Naples!

In our second week we are going to Naples. Can anyone tell me whether or not the water is clear? I have never swam in clear blue sea. I am really hoping i will in Naples.

What is there to do in Naples? What is the best? Where should we eat?

Love pookster xx
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Feb 06, 08:23 PM  
Link to this Post
coastergirls
VIP Dibber

coastergirls's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 4
Talking Naples

Despite having been there and our friends having been there afraid I can't help. We were there for the golf as were they . We stayed at the golf and country club .Don't remember doing much was really relaxing. We did eat at Cracker barrel quite a lot .There was a couple there american woman and english husband and he used to work near where I lived. It was a few years ago and like every where else things will have changed soo much. Remember some quite nice shops near the beach. Golfed, shoped and relaxed was about all we did!
Old 15 Feb 06, 01:44 AM  
Link to this Post

We were there in September 2004 and stayed at the Edgewater Beach Hotel. It was just after Hurricane Ivan had passed through( I think that was what it was called) and the water was very grey and full of silt. That being said it was also gloriously warm.

Every time I came out after swimming in the sea the pockets of my swim shorts were full of sand and bits of shell.

That being our only visit I can't say whether that was the normal state of affairs or whether the hurricane had any effect on the clarity of the water.

The beach was beautiful.
Old 15 Feb 06, 09:06 AM  
Link to this Post

We have stayed in Naples but didn't actually visit the beach during the day! I can tell you though that if you can get to nearby Sanibel & Captiva Islands you will find beautiful white beaches with lots of lovely shells to collect and... warm clear blue sea, perfect for swimming!

Diane x
Old 15 Feb 06, 06:15 PM  
Link to this Post
anna68
VIP Dibber

anna68's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We were in Naples last April. Gorgeous beaches, sand like flour under your feet. Sea didn't look that clear but people were swimming near the Pier.

There is a zoo in Naples for kids, lots of nice shops and restaurants (Tin City). We also drove to some outlet stores about 30 mins away.

If you want to know more details feel free to PM me. We stayed in Park Shore Resort and cannot wait to go back, Naples is a wonderful place to relax.
anna68 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 06, 01:11 AM  
Link to this Post
loggia
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

We have relatives who have lived in Naples for 30 years and we have visited them on many occasions.

We usually stay at the Cove Inn in the old part of Naples which has a lovely Chickee Bar (owned by our relatives) on the Dock.

Linked to this is a restaurant called The Dock at Drayton Cove (they have a web site) which is nice.

When we were there in August a branch of The Cheesecake Factory had also opened at the upmarket Coastland Centre Mall.

The beaches are quiet and the water clear.
loggia is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 06, 01:11 AM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread