Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Trip Reports Trip Reports

Old 23 Aug 14, 05:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Scotty
Imagineer

Norwegian Fjords July 2014 Part 1

I thought some of you might be interested in pictures of our cruise to the Norwegian Fjords. A bit of background – we did not book until 5 weeks out as DH is a farmer and we had to see if he was likely to get the hay in in time to go, even at that it was still touch and go but the price was starting to rise having bottomed out the week before.
We have cruised before and were looking at Fjords as some of the party do not do heat very well, enjoy photography and we don’t like lying by the pool for a week type of holidays. The boys are now 19 and 17 and we keep saying it will be the last family holiday – watch this space. It is an “extra” holiday this year and we were trying to keep costs down so no expensive trips.

We booked P&O Azura, we have sailed on her before and the dates suited us. Our party was made up of my parents, myself and DH and our 2 teens.

My parents booked a balcony cabin and we booked 2 outside cabins. As we booked late we had to take what we were given but we were more than happy. Parents were on Riviera Deck fairly forward we were on P deck just along from the Atrium. I’m sorry we don’t have cabin pictures, have so many over the years.

So we went to Stavanger, Olden, Skjolden and Bergen. We have hundreds of pictures but I’ll just post a taster.

Stavanger
It was quite an interesting sail in with a couple of rigs and a very narrow bit before berthing next to the quaint old town.

My walking isn’t what it was so we just had a stroll around before watching a big MSC ship berth on the other side of the harbour.

It was a lovely relaxing day and a bonus it was warm and sunny.
Old 24 Aug 14, 06:39 PM  
Link to this Post
goofysgirl
Excited about Disney

Lovely pics esp the family one you and your Mum look v glam.

Thanks for posting.
goofysgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 14, 06:57 PM  
Link to this Post
mskitty
Imagineer

Mobile

Watching you trippie with interest as I go on the Azura to Norway next year for a week. Was yours a week cruise too? If so are you able to tell me how many formal, smart and casual nights you had? Trying to look for bargain evening wear in the sales for me and kids and don't want to buy too much
mskitty is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 14, 09:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Scotty
Imagineer

1 week cruise, 2 formal, 1 semi (jacket reqd) 4 smart/casual.

It was s/c, f, s/c, jr, s/c, f, s/c.

Clocks went forward the first night and back the last. Oh and there are free laundry facilities on each deck - take your detergent though as they charge for that.

Enjoy.
Old 24 Aug 14, 10:07 PM  
Link to this Post
mskitty
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Scotty View Post
1 week cruise, 2 formal, 1 semi (jacket reqd) 4 smart/casual.

It was s/c, f, s/c, jr, s/c, f, s/c.

Clocks went forward the first night and back the last. Oh and there are free laundry facilities on each deck - take your detergent though as they charge for that.

Enjoy.
Thanks so much. This is really useful.
Do you know if one of the formal nights was Black and white?
mskitty is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Aug 14, 07:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Scotty
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mskitty View Post
Thanks so much. This is really useful.
Do you know if one of the formal nights was Black and white?
Yes, the second one. The first picture is from the B&W night, as you can see not everyone complied!
Old 25 Aug 14, 07:35 PM  
Link to this Post
mskitty
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Scotty View Post
Yes, the second one. The first picture is from the B&W night, as you can see not everyone complied!
Brilliant. Thanks.
Old 26 Aug 14, 05:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Chilly80
Imagineer

What did you think of P&O?
Golden Triangle Trip Report
Chilly80 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 14, 07:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Scotty
Imagineer

I like P&O, some of the older cruisers can be a bit stuffy but whenever we have sailed we have had a good mix of people and have had a great time. Their Kids/teen clubs are great. My boys were 7 and 4 when we first sailed with them and they have always had a good time.
I think outwith the school holidays the average age is considerably higher even on the family friendly ships.
The food is decent, considering they cater for so many. Drinks aren't extortionate. Tips very reasonable and we have always found the service to be good. Entertainment is a bit hit and miss but they are never going to please everyone. TV in the cabin is rubbish but I don't cruise to watch the TV, you can always take a cable and a device loaded with films.