Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 28 Dec 17, 01:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Katnic1
Imagineer

Help with booking cruise out of USA please.

Hi
We have our flights booked for August and are planning on booking a cruise out of Tampa or Miami for part of the trip. We have seen a few with Royal Caribbean and carnival we are interested in. I have priced them up on the uk sites but this is much more expensive than booking with a US travel agent such as Vacations to go. I am wandering if anyone has booked on US websites or with US travel agent a before? If so can you recommend one? Do they have their own versions of ABTA/atol etc in case they go bust? I would book on the cruise lines direct US websites but they always seem to redirect me back to the UK sites.
Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Katnic1 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Dec 17, 02:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Cloverlady
Imagineer

Hi there
We have two cruises going from Florida booked for next October, almost back to back (2 days on beach between cruises) both with Carnival.

We booked directly with Carnival via their website as it was the best price, and paid the quite large deposits in dollars using a currency card. Easy peasy.
We will pay off the balances with the same card.
Cloverlady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Dec 17, 02:31 PM  
Link to this Post
alexisemma31
Imagineer

We always book via Vagationstogo using a credit card
Old 28 Dec 17, 03:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Alba20
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

We have booked direct with the cruise line and paid in $ with a credit card.

An American TA was recommended by my friend and we have booked 3 cruises through her. Her name is Karen Shelton at My Path Unwinding Travel.
2018 Dubai, Atlanta, Orlando, Miami, B2B Disney Cruise
2019 California Tour & Disneyland, DCL Med Cruise, Dubai, New York
Alba20 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Dec 17, 03:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Katnic1
Imagineer

Thanks everyone. Any ideas how I can get a price from Royal Caribbean’s USA website without being redirected to the uk site?

Edited at 09:25 PM.
Katnic1 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Dec 17, 10:37 PM  
Link to this Post
bonnies mum
Imagineer

Mobile

Re Vacations to go prices. When I have requested a final pricing they have have supplied this very quickly but once they add taxes etc it works out no less than my UK travel agent.
Sorry cant help you with RCI's US website. I know Carnival Uk automatically connects to their US booking office.
bonnies mum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Dec 17, 11:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

Just be sure to read the terms and conditions for uk versus usa booking, they differ in terms of cancellation policy, and cover etc..

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Dec 17, 02:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Alba20
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Katnic1 View Post
Thanks everyone. Any ideas how I can get a price from Royal Caribbean’s USA website without being redirected to the uk site?
I usually book through DCL and they try and price in £ and there is an area where I can change the price to $.

So I looked on the RCCL website for something similar. What I found is that as soon as I started searching for a cruise on the USA website it redirected me to the .co.uk site. What I did find out is if you go to the .com site and at the top right hand corner it says United States with a little marker next to it. If you click on it to select location I selected USA English and from then on the booking process kept me on the USA site and prices in $. Hope that helps.

Alba
2018 Dubai, Atlanta, Orlando, Miami, B2B Disney Cruise
2019 California Tour & Disneyland, DCL Med Cruise, Dubai, New York
Alba20 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Dec 17, 07:47 PM  
Link to this Post
scarecrow
Imagineer

scarecrow's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 9
The benefits of booking through the US are you can claim price drops up until final payment and possibly upgrades after.

I have a cruise with RCL booked for October. I only booked it three weeks ago and already had two price drops. I check the price every week usually on a Thursday.

I use Tracy at Travel on a Dream.

You cannot get into the US RCL website, I've even tried with a VPN, but I check the price on icruise.com and then just take a picture of the screen shot and send it through to my TA who adjusts the price. If you book in the UK no price drops what's so ever.

You cannot book Princess in the US though.
1990. - somewhere on the 192,2006 - Country Inn and Suites LBK, 2007- LA and San Diego, 2008 - Regal Palms, 2009 - OKW, 2010- Yacht Club, 2011- DCL Magic - Med,2012 - Yacht Club, 2013 - Carnival Sunshine Med cruise, 2014 Carnival Breeze and the Yacht Club

Photo app trip reports Carnival Med Cruise and VA & BA UC & Club indexhttp://http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/reporter-index.php?userid=19933

Pre cruise Med http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/show...d+cruise+mouse
scarecrow is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Dec 17, 09:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Katnic1
Imagineer

Thanks for that info. I didn’t know that if the price went down it could be adjusted!