Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 5 Jan 18, 07:40 PM  
Link to this Post
minijaffacake
Very Serious Dibber

minijaffacake's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile Transfer barcelona port to airport

Hi I am looking for recommendations for a pre bookable reliable taxi service from the barcelona cruise terminal to the airport for after our cruise in June.

Also for anyone who has disembarked a DCL cruise in Barcelona if I pre book a taxi transfer for 9am what time should I be looking to get off the ship?

Thank you
minijaffacake is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jan 18, 07:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Mobile

Suntransfers were good for us.
If you want to leave that early you may need to arrange an early walk off, keeping your luggage with you.
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jan 18, 08:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Pootle
Very Serious Dibber

Pootle's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
We pre-booked a taxi when getting off the Magic at Barcelona in 2016 and it worked fine. I’m not sure I’d bother again though, especially if I had plenty of time because there were plenty of taxis plus an airport bus right where you come out of the terminal.

The whole ‘what time should I get off the ship’ disappears if you haven’t pre-booked. However I get that it is reassuring to have it all arranged. I think we also used Suntransfers.

Edited at 08:40 PM.
Pootle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jan 18, 10:13 PM  
Link to this Post
minijaffacake
Very Serious Dibber

minijaffacake's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by Pootle View Post
We pre-booked a taxi when getting off the Magic at Barcelona in 2016 and it worked fine. I’m not sure I’d bother again though, especially if I had plenty of time because there were plenty of taxis plus an airport bus right where you come out of the terminal.

The whole ‘what time should I get off the ship’ disappears if you haven’t pre-booked. However I get that it is reassuring to have it all arranged. I think we also used Suntransfers.
Thank you for the reply. I had heard that there can be a long queue for taxis which is why I was thinking about pre booking. I also didn't know about the bus so will look into that.
minijaffacake is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jan 18, 04:03 AM  
Link to this Post
Pootle
Very Serious Dibber

Pootle's Reviews
Originally Posted by minijaffacake View Post
Thank you for the reply. I had heard that there can be a long queue for taxis which is why I was thinking about pre booking. I also didn't know about the bus so will look into that.
I just took a look for the bus myself and can’t find any evidence it exists. Maybe it was a chartered bus I saw (but it looked like a regular service bus) with the airport as its destination - sorry!
Old 7 Jan 18, 07:26 AM  
Link to this Post
Omega1
Imagineer

Mobile

On the two occasions we’ve disembarked in Barcelona (not Disney) we have simply got a taxi to the airport. No queue but there was a short line for large, people carrier sized taxis. From memory, it was about 30 mins to the airport. It was all very easy and the last time we had a very pleasant, chatty driver who spoke perfect English.
Omega1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jan 18, 09:34 AM  
Link to this Post
TinkTatoo
Imagineer

TinkTatoo's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 9
Guidebook Reviews: 1
We used Suntransfers when we disembarked and were glad we did as there were taxi strikes and the queues for people who hadn't booked were horrendous. Disney run buses from the ship to the airport so that might be an option. Can't help with timings as we were staying on in Barcelona for a few days afterwards.

TinkTatoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jan 18, 10:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Mobile

Originally Posted by TinkTatoo View Post
We used Suntransfers when we disembarked and were glad we did as there were taxi strikes and the queues for people who hadn't booked were horrendous. Disney run buses from the ship to the airport so that might be an option.
I think you have to book your transfer with Disney to use these, and it’s quite expensive. I think it is free from a Disney-booked hotel, but they are expensive too.

We booked all our transfers with Suntransfers before we left, by phoning their UK office.
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jan 18, 10:21 PM  
Link to this Post
minijaffacake
Very Serious Dibber

minijaffacake's Reviews
Mobile

Thanks all. Think I will use suntransfers as I don't want to risk a huge taxi queue. Will probably aim to get off the ship around 8am which will give us an hour to get through immigration which I hope will be more than enough time.
Old 21 Jan 18, 06:03 PM  
Link to this Post
W3LUM
Apprentice Imagineer

Hi we were looking for transfers too. Our flight is not until 4:30 in the afternoon, just wondering what the latest time we can leave the ship?
Thanks William.
99 All star mu Apr02 Residence Inn Seaworld Dec02 All Star sp Port Orleans Apr04 Sheraton Villages Disney Magic Tradewinds St Petes Sep05 Sheraton Villages~Dolphin Dec07 Sheraton Safari Villages Disney Magic Sheraton Villages Apr08 Sheraton Villages Disney Magic Dec09 Sheraton Villages Coronado Springs Mar10 Sheraton Villages Disney Magic transatlantic May11 Disney Magic Alaska Dec11 Villages Disney Dream Dec12 Disney's Vero Beach Villages Disney Fantasy Dec13 Villages Disney Fantasy
W3LUM is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List