Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 9 Jan 18, 08:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Cloverlady View Post
We are cruising the Far East with RCL in April, and we bought the drinks package after a lot of discussion.
When it came up in a sale we jumped on it.
Still expensive though

We did have some onboard credit to put towards it, but it was a 50/50 decision.
We are not massive drinkers but I DO like cocktails which are expensive.

I don't even think things like latte etc are included?
Does anyone know please?

All fancy coffees including alcoholic beauties like Baileys coffee and the yummy After Eight coffees were included on MSC's drinks package, so feel we will be missing out. I must have had my money's worth in those alone on MSC last year
I’m sure the drinks packages are the same on all the ships. The deluxe package definitely included all the lattes and cappuccinos on the Harmony of the Seas. Also bottles of water for the days you are ashore. A staff member hands them out as you are leaving the ship.
Smilesonfaces is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 18, 08:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Cloverlady
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Smilesonfaces View Post
I’m sure the drinks packages are the same on all the ships. The deluxe package definitely included all the lattes and cappuccinos on the Harmony of the Seas. Also bottles of water for the days you are ashore. A staff member hands them out as you are leaving the ship.
Oh thanks!
Couldn't remember the name of the drinks package but I've just looked it up on our booking, we are on Mariner Of The Seas, and it is the deluxe one, so if it includes 'posh' coffees I'll be in seventh heaven!
Cloverlady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 18, 10:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Katnic1
Imagineer

Thanks everyone. I think I will keep an eye out for a sale offer coming up. If I pre-book the drinks package, do I have to pay in advance or is it added on to the final bill at the end of the cruise? Also going to book soda packages for the kids.
Katnic1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 18, 10:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Cloverlady
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Katnic1 View Post
Thanks everyone. I think I will keep an eye out for a sale offer coming up. If I pre-book the drinks package, do I have to pay in advance or is it added on to the final bill at the end of the cruise? Also going to book soda packages for the kids.
Not sure, but others on here will know
We paid ours all upfront as we had already settled the final bill.

Edit - if it helps, I found out about the sale as it was mentioned on Cruise Critic threads!

Edited at 10:17 PM.
Cloverlady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 18, 10:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
Mobile

I paid for the drinks package up front, I’m sure you had to. If you buy on the ship it will be more expensive.
I know on the cruise forums I would be blasted for saying the “share” word but the deluxe package includes 2 refillable soda cups. Will you and your husband be drinking sodas ?
Smilesonfaces is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 18, 10:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Katnic1
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Smilesonfaces View Post
I paid for the drinks package up front, I’m sure you had to. If you buy on the ship it will be more expensive.
I know on the cruise forums I would be blasted for saying the “share” word but the deluxe package includes 2 refillable soda cups. Will you and your husband be drinking sodas ?
Thanks for that info. Didn’t realise it came with the refillable cups as well. I will be drinking the most expensive drink on the menu if I’m paying almost $60 a day!
Katnic1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 18, 10:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
Mobile

Thanks for that info. Didn’t realise it came with the refillable cups as well. I will be drinking the most expensive drink on the menu if I’m paying almost $60 a day!
Don’t blame you ! But keep a look out on the planner for price reductions, usually around holiday weekends Easter, Memorial weekend etc. If the price comes down cancel and rebook.
Old 11 Jan 18, 04:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Katnic1
Imagineer

How do the soda cups work? Do you have to take them out in an evening with you for a coke with meals etc? Also is there usually somewhere to fill them up yourself or do the waiters always have to do it for you?
Old 11 Jan 18, 05:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
Mobile

How do the soda cups work? Do you have to take them out in an evening with you for a coke with meals etc? Also is there usually somewhere to fill them up yourself or do the waiters always have to do it for you?
You can fill the cups yourself at stations around the ship and in the buffet. To do this you do need to carry it around with you which us ok for ds and dd but I couldn’t be bothered to be honest ! At waiter service restaurants and bars the waiter/ bartender will serve you. DH and I didn’t use the soda cups at all.
Old 19 Jan 18, 09:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Dinglebert
Imagineer

Dinglebert's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
There is a sale currently on at RCI for drinks, meals and excursions. Last for the next 4 days. Its not as good as the Black Friday sale but is around 30% the packages.
Dinglebert is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List