Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Closed Thread

Old 16 Feb 06, 02:18 PM  
Link to this Post
jfk
Excited about Disney

Beach recommendations?

Off in May for our 2nd visit to Florida and we'd like to do something a little different and head to the beach for a day.

Can anyone recommend a good one? I understand that the Atlantic coast is closer to Orlando than the Gulf coast but I don't mind travelling a little further to get to the best one?
jfk is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 06, 02:29 PM  
Link to this Post

We spent a week at Clearwater beach last May which was very nice. My DH could fish of the peir while we played on the beach. Perfect white sand,saw lots of dolphins would recommend it to anyone.

Claire x
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 06, 02:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Kimber03
Imagineer

Kimber03's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 26

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 174
Guidebook Reviews: 1
gulf coast normally has warmer water
Kimber03 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 06, 02:58 PM  
Link to this Post

Cocoa Beach is nice and is closer to Orlando. Just get on the Beeline Express and you can't go wrong. If you park near Ron Jon's Surf Shop there are toilets, showers and you can hire umbrellas, beach chairs and surf boards.
Old 16 Feb 06, 03:01 PM  
Link to this Post
jfk
Excited about Disney

Excellent, thanks for the advice.
jfk is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 06, 03:01 PM  
Link to this Post

Cocoa beach is a great day out if its just sand, sun and water that you are after and the journey is straight forward.
St Pete's Clearwater is a a bit more diffucult to get to from Orlando but has more to offer.
Old 19 Feb 06, 08:08 AM  
Link to this Post

I agree if we go for a day we always go to Cocoa,the beach is fantastic and never usually busy.We park right facing the wendys past Ron Jons and again there are changing facilities and showers.
Old 19 Feb 06, 10:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Jools
Imagineer

We like St Pete's as the sea is calm and warm and the sand is very fine. Cocoa is good and is closer and easier to get to. When we went the sea was quite rough. I got knocked over by a big wave and grazed my legs badly on the course sand. This has coloured my view of Cocoa but I would still go again.

Vero beach is quite easy to get to(further than Cocoa, nearer than St Pete's) and has lovley white sand, but when we went last April the sea was freezing cold. It's probably warm in the summer though.
Jools is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 06, 03:51 PM  
Link to this Post

cocoa beach is beautiful and i would go again but i do agree with the above that the sea can be very rough and its not a beach that i would allow my children to paddle in without me right next to them. (what i mean is some seas are very calm and you could sit and watch them paddle without too much worry but not cocoa beach waves are too frantic).
Old 20 Feb 06, 04:12 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Jools
We like St Pete's as the sea is calm and warm and the sand is very fine. Cocoa is good and is closer and easier to get to. When we went the sea was quite rough. I got knocked over by a big wave and grazed my legs badly on the course sand. This has coloured my view of Cocoa but I would still go again.

Vero beach is quite easy to get to(further than Cocoa, nearer than St Pete's) and has lovley white sand, but when we went last April the sea was freezing cold. It's probably warm in the summer though.
Agree, St petes is a superb beach, we went to one area last year and there was a sandy inlet, the water was warm and only around 4-5 foot deep up to the sand bank, it was excellent. The rays always put me off though!
Closed Thread