Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Closed Thread

Old 18 Feb 06, 01:14 PM  
Link to this Post
brindle
Imagineer

Celebration town

What do you guys do here ? We quite fancy going to see it but will the kids be bored? We could go on a day we are just chillin or maybe fit the airboat rides in as well.How long would you sugest you need here?

Thanx
Terre Verde Resort April 2008+ April 2010
Florida Keys July 2009
brindle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 06, 01:35 PM  
Link to this Post

Celerbration is a town built by Disney some years ago, there is a town centre with some really nice shops and resturaunts .there is a lake and cinema,you dont need more than 2 hours to walk around and have something to eat
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 06, 01:59 PM  
Link to this Post

It would be good as part of a chillout day, it is very relaxing to have a walk around the town then sit on the rocking chairs by the lake and have a coffee or a shake from the cafe. I doubt you would spend more than a few hours there with kids although there is a fountain they can play in.
Old 18 Feb 06, 02:14 PM  
Link to this Post
truesdpr
Imagineer

truesdpr's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
We love Celebration and always spend some time there. We're planning our first breakfast at the Market St Cafe at 8am and we tend to have our last b/f or lunch of the holiday there too befoer heading to the airport. We sit and gaze over the lake and think of what weather we may be going back to and look forward to when we'll be coming back to the sun! Also tend to spend some time in the evenings and have a meal there when we can - not to mention letting DD play in the fountain (see my avatar). Have some Celebration photos in my gallery if you're interested. A lovely chill out place!

Pam.

truesdpr is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 06, 02:57 PM  
Link to this Post

We really love Celebration and visit there each time we go to Orlando. Check out celebrationfl and click on "Market Street" where you will be able to read about the restaurants, shops etc. Well worth a visit. :-)
Old 18 Feb 06, 07:07 PM  
Link to this Post
brindle
Imagineer

thanx for that going to have a look in your gallery truedpr and on that web above . think we will definatly go here.
Terre Verde Resort April 2008+ April 2010
Florida Keys July 2009
brindle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 06, 09:23 PM  
Link to this Post

Not sure there is enought to do for the day, we sometimes go down for lunch in the Market Street Cafe and then just have a little walk round, it kills a couple of hours.
Old 21 Feb 06, 08:13 PM  
Link to this Post
jojj
Disney Mad Scrapbooker!

we love celebration too and it is definatly well worth a visit. There is a lovely doll and bear collectable shop which I always visit! my 2 boys who are 5 and 6 1/2 love it too - especially the fountain - make sure you take a towel / change of clothing or swimming trunks as my boys always end up soaked!

there is a really nice cafe on the corner where we always have breakfast!

there is also a post office if you need to post anything!

the houses are lovely and it looks like the perfect idyllic place to live! I know if I ever moved to america it would be a place i would like to live!

have fun!

Jo
x
jojj is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 06, 09:49 PM  
Link to this Post

We love it and always go for a couple of hours,walk round and have a coffee etc. It is lovely and I would love to live there but it does remind me of a set from the Trueman show! It's always so peaceful and seems so unreal.
Old 22 Feb 06, 10:19 PM  
Link to this Post

We like Celebration too - I'm told there is a trolley bus you can take that tours Celebration for $1 - also we've been to see the leaves falling and am looking forward to seeing the snow falling at Christmas this year. In Autumn usually throughout October each weekend they blow leaves out of cannisters on the lamp posts simulating the leaves falling. At Christmas they blow foam simulating the snow.

They have a fabulous gym there too, it's based in the hotel and you can visit it for only $15 per day - that includes any classes that you would like to take. At Christmas I will be in Florida for 1 month so I am going to join for that month.

Have Fun!

Pippa

PS: Know what you mean about the Trueman Show LOL
Closed Thread