Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Closed Thread

Old 7 Nov 16, 05:45 PM  
Link to this Post

ADRs intinerary - can't decide if its too much!

We are at WDW for six full days (spending 2 weeks in Florida, second week will be on Captiva Island - recovering from madness of first week?!)
Newbies to WDW, though not to Florida.
We are on the DDP (seven nights).
Kids will be 8 and 5. We think we will return to WDW but likely not for about 5 years when they'll be in a different age bracket.
As a family we like sit down meals as a break to recharge. Looking for our meals to be part of the experience.
To make the most of our short stay, we're staying at the Contemporary and planning 3 days MK and 2 days Epcot, one day AK. Planning on early mornings and not staying up late, except maybe the last day.

Particular questions, the MK days we have two reservations, am I overdoing it (particularly the first day? )

Saturday 1st April - Arrival day from London
Sunday 2nd - 7 a.m. Chef Mickeys, 4 p.m. Crystal Palace
Monday 3rd - 11.30 a.m. Yak & Yeti
Tuesday 4th 8.05 a.m. Garden Grill
Wednesday 5th 8 a.m. Cinderella Royal Table (currently prepaid rather than using credits), 5 p.m. Ohana
Thursday 6th - 11.50 a.m. Coral Reef
Friday 7th - 11.40 a.m. Be Our Guest, 5.15 p.m. Chef Mickeys

Any thoughts welcome and thanks for reading
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Nov 16, 06:23 PM  
Link to this Post
halloweenbaby2
VIP Dibber

Personally I wouldn't do a second ADR on your first full day as you may be really to tired to appreciate it. I'd cancel Chef Mickey's get an early Crystal Palace and then pick up a QS later when you feel ready to eat.

We had a bad experience at Chef Mickey's so couldn't recommend it.
halloweenbaby2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Nov 16, 06:33 PM  
Link to this Post

Thank you, part of my thinking on Chef Mickeys is that we're staying at the Contemporary and on that first day when we are up early 7 a.m. will be better than 8 a.m.
That is definitely my worry with Crystal Palace on the first day, so I might try for that one on the last day instead of Chef Mickeys. But then I have an extra TS to use!
Old 7 Nov 16, 06:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Barley-Bobs
Proud to wear my Ears

We went in April had had the deluxe dining plan and did three sit down meals every day with no issues at all. Chef Mickeys is fab, went there twice 😀
Barley-Bobs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Nov 16, 06:53 PM  
Link to this Post
halloweenbaby2
VIP Dibber

CRT is 2TS credits, its not worth paying out off pocket for. I'm sure Yak and Yeti is part of the Landry group so you could get the Landry card for that and if your birthday is in the same month they add an extra $25 to spend as a birthday bonus - Just double check with others if you can use the card there first though
halloweenbaby2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Nov 16, 07:46 PM  
Link to this Post

Thank you, we only decided to take the DDP since I made the CRT booking (we are in the Easter blackout period for free dining. Decided to take it to reduce our risk on the exchange rate). I'm reluctant to change CRT to credits at the moment as if I get a refund I'll lose cash based on the current exchange rate! (as it was higher when I paid). But at the current exchange rate I appreciate that 2TS is better value than out of pocket. But it also gives us a couple more TS to use too which is handy.
Old 7 Nov 16, 07:51 PM  
Link to this Post

Unfortunately none of us have a birthday in April... do they check?
Old 8 Nov 16, 12:14 AM  
Link to this Post
dixonsontour
VIP Dibber

dixonsontour's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
Originally Posted by Iliketoplan View Post
Unfortunately none of us have a birthday in April... do they check?
In a word no. You only get one $25 birthday bonus a year so it makes no difference whether your birthday is April or the real month.

I think your plans look lovely. Personally I like a 7am chef mickeys, have done it several times will be a great start especially if you are at that hotel. Maybe switch crystal palace dinner to last night, I wouldn't do 2 chef mickey meals. Agree day 1 you may be better without a dinner adr - if you are tired you may want to leave park after parade.
dixonsontour is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Nov 16, 09:22 AM  
Link to this Post

I think I had a thing about doing chef mickeys for dinner and breakfast as we are at the hotel, but maybe I need to get over that and then we can add another restaurant in the mix too. Thanks for your thoughts. I'm a planner but finding that with Disney I am being encouraged to take it to the extreme which is not necessarily good for me!
Old 8 Nov 16, 10:32 AM  
Link to this Post
dixonsontour
VIP Dibber

dixonsontour's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
Originally Posted by Iliketoplan View Post
I think I had a thing about doing chef mickeys for dinner and breakfast as we are at the hotel, but maybe I need to get over that and then we can add another restaurant in the mix too. Thanks for your thoughts. I'm a planner but finding that with Disney I am being encouraged to take it to the extreme which is not necessarily good for me!
Remember it is easy to swap stuff as long as you cancel by midnight day before you wont be charged. Personally i'd make the adr's then nearer the time you can always cancel.

If you have an extra TS how about Teppan edo at Epcot. Great for kids. Whilst the character meals are fun my DD has always enjoyed the themed restaurants just as much eg Ohana dinner has coconut races for kids, sci fi, whispering canyon with the 'ketchup' joke. She pronounced Teppan edo her favourite meal this trip. We were seated with a family with a 5 and 7 year old and they loved it too.
dixonsontour is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread