Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Closed Thread

Old 12 Nov 16, 07:53 PM  
Link to this Post
magickate
Imagineer

Mobile Teppan Edo

I really like the look of Teppan Edo but I'm strict vegetarian. Is it suitable?
Thanks
magickate is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 16, 08:43 PM  
Link to this Post
dixonsontour
VIP Dibber

dixonsontour's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
Mobile

I personally wouldn't as everything is cooked on same hot plate. They cook the veggies first and noodles but whilst the hot plate will have been wiped it won't have been deep cleaned between last party having their meat cooked on there. If you are strict I'd imagine that would be unsuitable.
dixonsontour is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 16, 08:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Jojo
Imagineer

Jojo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 23
I'm pretty sure if you are a veggie they cook your food out in a kitchen and bring it to you... or they cook the veggie meals before the meat is added to the hot plate (plate is cleaned between guests)

Edited at 08:48 PM.
Jojo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 16, 08:53 PM  
Link to this Post
disneylover43
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 158
They cooked my DD's first and then everybody else after when we went in August
Old Key West August 2012
Port Orleans Riverside August 2014
NY/HRH and Beach Club July/Aug 2016
disneylover43 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 16, 10:44 PM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I think it's a great place for veggies. Not sure any restaurant deep cleans their cookware so while if a very strict veggie I totally understand the point, I suspect that applies to all restaurants.
Old 12 Nov 16, 10:47 PM  
Link to this Post
dixonsontour
VIP Dibber

dixonsontour's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Mobile

You will be sitting very close to raw meat and chicken and shrimp and can smell them cooking. The chef does a joke wagging the shrimp too. I'm not veggie but my brother is and strict and I couldn't imagine him enjoying it. If it appeals generally give it a go op - lots of pics online to show how near you will be seated etc
dixonsontour is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 16, 11:53 PM  
Link to this Post
magickate
Imagineer

Mobile

Thank you. I don't mind being around raw meat or it being cooked, my family (& dog!) are meat eaters & I'm very used to it but wouldn't want my food cooked at the same time with the same utensils.

I'm very realistic & appreciate when eating out there's always a risk of cross contamination. But would like to avoid it happening where possible.
magickate is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Nov 16, 12:23 AM  
Link to this Post

we have always fancied it

we have had DDP for a few trips and never ever eaten at Tappan Edo, we are all Veggies

the reason, well first off its all a bit of a show, we wouldnt want to have meat / shrimp etc etc waved in our face as part of a show

the cooking on a hotplate thats been used to cook meat doesnt appeal either, i know its wiped over, but thats it, its just a wipe
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Nov 16, 01:29 AM  
Link to this Post
dixonsontour
VIP Dibber

dixonsontour's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
I've just looked back at my photos from our meal there last week and the veggies and noddles and meat are on the hotplate at the same time but kept separate. There were no vegetarians at our table though so as other posters have said they may well fully cook your meal before the meat is added or in the kitchen.

There is a veggie option on the menu - yasai - vegetables, mushrooms and tofu $22

Remember you are seated as an 8 so even if your group is veggie you will be seated with a meat eating party.

We really really enjoyed it again.

Edited at 01:35 AM.
Old 13 Nov 16, 09:13 AM  
Link to this Post
Maxymoo
Excited about Disney

We are veggie but sitting with my mum and dad who aren't , at the beginning they asked us how strict we were and if v strict would do ours first using different knives etc - they could not have been more attentive. He hot plate looked v clean before they started and I would be much more confident that there was no cross contamination there than another restaurant where you can't see what is going on!
Maxymoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread