Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
We are the Millers - Let's do Halloween! Sept/Oct 2019. Day 1

Day 1

I woke at 3am & stayed awake for an hour before dozing back off and staying asleep until 7am. Much better.

The sunset out on the balcony was absolutely stunning.

I got up & sorted breakfast making boiled eggs & fruit for Edith, a bagel for Aaron, toast & Nutella & fruit for me & toast for Laura. All very nice & a good start to the day. Both times we have stayed at the Blue Heron, we have absolutely loved having the full kitchen and dining table. I can’t really see us reverting back to a standard hotel room now, it would feel so cramped.

We had a really easy morning which is a first for us on our first morning in Florida, usually we rush off to a park to make the most of the early wake up but having Laura with us on this trip, we were taking it all at a slower pace and today had been set aside as a rest day to overcome any tiredness from travel day.

We left the hotel at 9am and head over to Celebration. We walked the two lakes, spotting wildlife on the way. We saw a gator, lots of birds and some crickets / grasshoppers, I never know which.

We stopped at Starbucks before leaving where Aaron grabbed a coffee and we got some more milk for Edith as she had already drank her bottle.

Next up, we head over to Super Target, I had loved the selection of girl’s clothes last time we went & Aaron wanted to revisit the liquor store attached where he had got his Low & Slow Bourbon on our last trip. Unfortunately, there seems to be more than one on the 192 and of course we went to the wrong one! Back in the car, 20 minutes later we pulled up at the right one. Aaron grabbed 2 of his bottles and I managed to get a couple of pairs of shoes for Edith & a couple of dresses.

Hungry again now, we popped to the Sweet Tomatoes over the road. Gosh I had missed this place. The food is soooo good. We filled up on salad, potato, soup, pizza and dessert. It’s an ideal place for Edith too as she can try lots of different bits without us wasting money on food she wont finish. I forgot to take food pics here which is upsetting .

Next up, Aaron and I fancied a nosey at the new Margaritaville Resort and as we were close we popped in. Oooh, it’s lovely. So sparkly clean and bright. We would love to stay there one day! Edith had fun running the lobby, thankfully there didn’t seem to be any guests around for her to annoy.

It was 2pm now and Edith fell asleep in the car, so we head back to the hotel where I transferred her to bed and lay down with her for an hour or so having a lovely peaceful nap. When we woke up, we all head for a swim. Edith loved the pool when we had taken her 6 months previous so I was hoping she was still as keen. She was a bit hesitant for the first 5 or so minutes and then her confidence came back and she was off. We have her in a floatation suit so she can swim on her own with one of us always in reach. She had a whale of a time and thus started the every day obsession with asking to go swimming.

Out of the pool, we all got ready & head over to Disney Springs, parking up in the Lime garage. We had a little wonder around a few shops before heading into the Hangar Bar for some drinks. Aaron had a couple of beers & I had a couple of cocktails. All very yummy & still one of our favourite places to grab a drink. It’s so pretty at sunset.

Once we paid up, we head over to Delux Burger as we were all feeing peckish again. I should note hear that everywhere in Disney Springs was dead, I think the whole of WDW had head over to EPCOT for the last ever Illuminations and we were reaping the benefits! With no queue, we ordered our food. A buffalo chicken burger for Laura and I, A BBQ beef burger for Aaron & the kids Waffle Chicken Nuggets for Edith. The food was all great, we shared fries as we knew it was going to be a lot of food, Edith wasn’t too keen on hers, likely not that hungry after a big lunch & breakfast so we all tried hers too. The chicken bites were obviously coated in a maple flavour crumb, hence the ‘waffle’ name. It was a strange sensation of tasting like you were eating pancakes, but with the texture of breaded chicken.

Last stop was the live music area back by the Hangar Bar, we let Edith have a little boogie here but we were late & after 2 songs they finished for the night. We popped into Zara & Melissa where Laura bought Edith a pair of shoes in the sale before heading back to the hotel & into bed.
abiknox is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 19, 10:58 AM  
Link to this Post
margyloveswdw
Deck 4, Disney Wonder

margyloveswdw's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Sounds like a fabulous, relaxed first day and the sunrise pics were gorgeous!
margyloveswdw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 19, 02:01 PM  
Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Originally Posted by margyloveswdw View Post
Sounds like a fabulous, relaxed first day and the sunrise pics were gorgeous!
It was a lovely day, oh to be back there again now with the whole trip ahead of us!
abiknox is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 19, 04:32 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsdjh
Imagineer

Mobile

A lovely relaxed day to start you off. Great that Edith loves swimming.
mrsdjh is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 19, 08:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Ryles
Imagineer

Mobile

Edith is so cute! I love the way you dress her 😃
Old 17 Oct 19, 02:03 PM  
Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Originally Posted by mrsdjh View Post
A lovely relaxed day to start you off. Great that Edith loves swimming.
I know, I've always loved the water so I'm hoping she follows in my footsteps.

Originally Posted by Ryles View Post
Edith is so cute! I love the way you dress her 😃
Thankyou She's at an age where I can pop her in anything, no questions asked. I dread the day she picks and wants to wear all the garish character print tops
Old 23 Oct 19, 05:31 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Mobile

It’s great having a relaxed first day not racing into the parks. We did this in 2017 and I think everyone felt better off because of it.
I love Edith's outfits and shoes from Target!

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Oct 19, 08:46 AM  
Link to this Post
thewatsons
Apprentice Imagineer

nice start, bourbon looks great
Four Corners 2014 H27
Highlands Reserve 2019 H27
thewatsons is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Oct 19, 02:23 PM  
Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Originally Posted by smithlane View Post
It’s great having a relaxed first day not racing into the parks. We did this in 2017 and I think everyone felt better off because of it.
I love Edith's outfits and shoes from Target!
We did get into the swing of things quicker and managed to stay awake later at night, earlier in the trip because of this. Maybe its a tradition we should start.

Originally Posted by thewatsons View Post
nice start, bourbon looks great
He loves that Bourbon, he bought a bottle lats trip and it wend down very well.
Old 25 Oct 19, 12:39 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Nice relaxing day

Joan