Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 19 Mar 20, 11:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Johnnyp
Imagineer

Johnnyp's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 8
I deliver for a retailer, so I don’t think my neighbours would appreciate a artic truck out back 😄
Johnnyp is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Mar 20, 11:51 PM  
Link to this Post
djewkes
VIP Dibber

I’m a nurse, I work for 111 as a clinical adviser...

May 2012 3 weeks Highgate villa, RPR & Barefoot Beach Resort
May 2010 2 weeks The Point Orlando Resort & Clearwater
djewkes is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Mar 20, 11:55 PM  
Link to this Post
taffs travels
VIP Dibber

Apprenticeship trainer for retail, customer service and management . I have had 2 days working from home so far ,setting up systems to enable remote visits by skype etc but I am missing my learners already.Some of them have already lost hours so are sending me lots of work to assess but i feel very sorry a really worried for them and their futures.
taffs travels is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 20, 12:03 AM  
Link to this Post
Padme
Chilling at Carribean Beach

My DH started working as a Software Engineer for a major games console manufacturer in the New Year as he wanted to get out of the house after many years of working from home - now he’s back at home but working for them!

I’m home based but my “work” has changed considerably, I’m a Vicar.
Padme is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 20, 12:04 AM  
Link to this Post
Gev
Imagineer

I’m a Senior Payroll & Pensions Officer (sounds much more grand than it is) for our local Council, running payrolls for external customers and foster carers as well. Been working from home since Tuesday, following the PMs briefing on Monday. We got a message not to go to the office. I’ve worked from home before but always been able to prep and bring stuff home, so I’ve felt a bit weird without bits and pieces. We have Skype so can still have team meetings in some form. X
Old 20 Mar 20, 12:10 AM  
Link to this Post
dreamisawish
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

I’m a customer retention agent for an online travel agency. Basically I have to fix broken bookings- sometimes people book and a room has just been swiped from under them by someone else and then the booking fails. We try and get the next best price and see what we can do to get it confirmed.

Anyway we have never worked from home before and I think it’s bit different for us as our jobs have been put on hold as no one is booking new holidays at the moment.

My job the last few days has been talking to people stuck abroad trying to get them on flights! A nightmare.

I miss the office and my normal job but I’m happy to be safe working at home for the time being.

DLP | June 2015 | Dec 2016 | Sept 2017 | Oct 2017 | Nov 2018

WDW | April 2009 | Feb 2019
dreamisawish is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 20, 12:52 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Most people’s jobs I think “wouldn’t fancy that” but as a ex travel agent of many years who left cos I was getting bored and like challenges... I love the sound of your job lol

Originally Posted by dreamisawish View Post
I’m a customer retention agent for an online travel agency. Basically I have to fix broken bookings- sometimes people book and a room has just been swiped from under them by someone else and then the booking fails. We try and get the next best price and see what we can do to get it confirmed.

Anyway we have never worked from home before and I think it’s bit different for us as our jobs have been put on hold as no one is booking new holidays at the moment.

My job the last few days has been talking to people stuck abroad trying to get them on flights! A nightmare.

I miss the office and my normal job but I’m happy to be safe working at home for the time being.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 20, 01:31 AM  
Link to this Post
Posiesmum
VIP Dibber

Posiesmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 3
We are retired. However, I am a senior examiner and setter for many boards. My marking for this summer has more or less disappeared, but I still retain setting contracts for 2022 and 2023. Our meetings have always been remote using Adobe or Google hangout. Daughter is a film editor. Until recently she was working in a suite in Soho, but is now working from home as she has her own editing suite. Her partner is a director of photography. He usually works abroad a lot, but is currently helping or daughter with her editing.

Villefranche-sur-Mer/Monaco - June and July 2024
Orlando for Thanksgiving - November/December 2024
Belfast/Dublin/Vancouver - June 2025
Posiesmum is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 20, 04:00 AM  
Link to this Post
Air Hercs
Helping Mickey

Mobile

I work for the NHS, I'm a staffing administrator/recruiter (hospital bank and we liase with agencies. We also do staff moves on rosters, check and confirm agency invoices etc). We are supposed to be getting laptops so we can work from home although the HR leadership has been very dithery in our trust - we don't even have firm answers for bank staff pay situations during this if they have to cancel due to self isolation etc. We have put our office into lock down and are not allowing anyone except essential visitors in, we want to stay well so we can keep our service going as much as possible, if we can assist with staff levels etc it's one less job for ward managers/matrons to deal with.
Air Hercs is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 20, 05:08 AM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

I’m a teacher so no working from home for me either. Next week, we will be looking after (apparently not teaching 🤷🏼🤦🏼 ) children of key workers. Yesterday was a really tough day as I had to say goodbye to my gorgeous class (don’t work Fridays) and I might not get to teach them again. Dreading next week as I just don’t know what we’re doing or expected to be doing. I need clarity and organisation in my life and currently I have none!
Rac20 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List