Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 1 Apr 20, 12:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Quertychap
Excited about Disney

We were due to fly on 19th and had an email to say flight is cancelled. Said this will go on until 2 May.
Quertychap is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Apr 20, 02:03 PM  
Link to this Post
buryboy
Imagineer

Am I the only one who read the thread title and was really intrigued as to what the thread was actually going to be about 😉

I was desperately hoping it was nothing to do with an airline / travel company
Our MOST ANNOYING trip to Tenerife February 2018 ( an homage to infamous dibb threads
buryboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Apr 20, 02:08 PM  
Link to this Post
HenrysDad
Imagineer

HenrysDad's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
We have a package deal with VH leaving 13 April, it is still showing as live on both VH and VA apps, I'm just waiting for contact from VH to re-book (unlikely as the additional cost is likely 3 x the price we paid) / get my money back (not very much as it was such a good deal).

Gotta keep smiling, stay safe out there DIBBers

Edited at 02:09 PM.
HenrysDad is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Apr 20, 02:53 PM  
Link to this Post
W3LUM
Apprentice Imagineer

Hi, just copied this from Martin Lewis's website "You are legally entitled to cash refunds NOT vouchers from flight cancellations. Easyjet grounded all flights this week, and like with other airlines including BA, many people are telling us when they apply for a refund online, they can only see an offer of vouchers.

Yet under EU reg 261/2004 (still in force until Dec), if your flight is cancelled you legally must get a choice between a full refund or an alternative flight. So of course right now that means refunds.

While the law is plain, some are making you jump through hoops, because the airline industry is on its last legs. So do give some consideration to accepting a voucher.

But if you want to get cash and it's not offering it, usually the easy route is to call, though expect a long wait. An alternative would be to try using chargeback on your credit or debit card to get your money back. For more options, see how to get a flight refund.
PS: The Govt is organising rescue flights this week to repatriate Brits."

I am due to fly out next Friday 10th April, I have read everything on VA website and tried to fill in the voucher claim form that is valid until next September without any success.
After reading Martin Lewis's post I will be excepting Virgins offer of the voucher as I am hopping to rebook later this year or next Easter.

William
99 All star mu Apr02 Residence Inn Seaworld Dec02 All Star sp Port Orleans Apr04 Sheraton Villages Disney Magic Tradewinds St Petes Sep05 Sheraton Villages~Dolphin Dec07 Sheraton Safari Villages Disney Magic Sheraton Villages Apr08 Sheraton Villages Disney Magic Dec09 Sheraton Villages Coronado Springs Mar10 Sheraton Villages Disney Magic transatlantic May11 Disney Magic Alaska Dec11 Villages Disney Dream Dec12 Disney's Vero Beach Villages Disney Fantasy Dec13 Villages Disney Fantasy
W3LUM is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Apr 20, 03:25 PM  
Link to this Post
dreamisawish
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by W3LUM View Post
Hi, just copied this from Martin Lewis's website "You are legally entitled to cash refunds NOT vouchers from flight cancellations. Easyjet grounded all flights this week, and like with other airlines including BA, many people are telling us when they apply for a refund online, they can only see an offer of vouchers.

Yet under EU reg 261/2004 (still in force until Dec), if your flight is cancelled you legally must get a choice between a full refund or an alternative flight. So of course right now that means refunds.

While the law is plain, some are making you jump through hoops, because the airline industry is on its last legs. So do give some consideration to accepting a voucher.

But if you want to get cash and it's not offering it, usually the easy route is to call, though expect a long wait. An alternative would be to try using chargeback on your credit or debit card to get your money back. For more options, see how to get a flight refund.
PS: The Govt is organising rescue flights this week to repatriate Brits."

I am due to fly out next Friday 10th April, I have read everything on VA website and tried to fill in the voucher claim form that is valid until next September without any success.
After reading Martin Lewis's post I will be excepting Virgins offer of the voucher as I am hopping to rebook later this year or next Easter.

William
Martin Lewis is technically correct but the airlines are hoping for these rules to be officially waived so they can issue vouchers.

It’s the same with travel agencies, who have now been allowed to give vouchers for the time being (this is under review and may change) instead of a cash refund.

I work for a travel agency and I’ve had a lot of ‘Martin Lewis says...’ but sadly not even ML can keep up with what is happening at the moment.

The rule is- the squeakiest door gets the oil, if you complain enough you might get a refund. Still only if the flight is actually cancelled, and some airlines are not ‘officially’ cancelling the flight until 24 hours before it was due to fly hoping people will take vouchers rather then a refund.

Basically as to what you are guaranteed at the moment, it’s a mess!

DLP | June 2015 | Dec 2016 | Sept 2017 | Oct 2017 | Nov 2018

WDW | April 2009 | Feb 2019
dreamisawish is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Apr 20, 03:43 PM  
Link to this Post
W3LUM
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by dreamisawish View Post
Martin Lewis is technically correct but the airlines are hoping for these rules to be officially waived so they can issue vouchers.

It’s the same with travel agencies, who have now been allowed to give vouchers for the time being (this is under review and may change) instead of a cash refund.

I work for a travel agency and I’ve had a lot of ‘Martin Lewis says...’ but sadly not even ML can keep up with what is happening at the moment.

The rule is- the squeakiest door gets the oil, if you complain enough you might get a refund. Still only if the flight is actually cancelled, and some airlines are not ‘officially’ cancelling the flight until 24 hours before it was due to fly hoping people will take vouchers rather then a refund.

Basically as to what you are guaranteed at the moment, it’s a mess!
Hi I agree with what you are saying, everything is changing daily just now.
I am glad that you are allowed to give out vouchers just now, that's why I said in my post that I will except a voucher from Virgin.
Vouchers is a good way to keep the travel industry a float, but there should be no expiry date on them as we as customers have already spent that money.
William
99 All star mu Apr02 Residence Inn Seaworld Dec02 All Star sp Port Orleans Apr04 Sheraton Villages Disney Magic Tradewinds St Petes Sep05 Sheraton Villages~Dolphin Dec07 Sheraton Safari Villages Disney Magic Sheraton Villages Apr08 Sheraton Villages Disney Magic Dec09 Sheraton Villages Coronado Springs Mar10 Sheraton Villages Disney Magic transatlantic May11 Disney Magic Alaska Dec11 Villages Disney Dream Dec12 Disney's Vero Beach Villages Disney Fantasy Dec13 Villages Disney Fantasy
W3LUM is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Apr 20, 03:54 PM  
Link to this Post
dreamisawish
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by W3LUM View Post
Hi I agree with what you are saying, everything is changing daily just now.
I am glad that you are allowed to give out vouchers just now, that's why I said in my post that I will except a voucher from Virgin.
Vouchers is a good way to keep the travel industry a float, but there should be no expiry date on them as we as customers have already spent that money.
William
I agree, at least to keep our jobs! Personally in an ideal world it would just be cash refunds for everyone, especially now people are struggling with money.

It’s just to say that Martin Lewis may technically be right but honestly saying that to the airline, virgin or anyone else, probably won’t go far if they’ve decided against the cash refunds already.

But then again they likely have some kind of tolerance level (we can refund 20% of people if they really want a refund) so if you are really persistent it’s possible they will.

Like I said it’s a mess! Who even knows anymore

Edited at 03:59 PM.
dreamisawish is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Apr 20, 07:29 PM  
Link to this Post
gavvy
Imagineer

Called Virgin yesterday, 1h wait or you can text. So sent text asked if I could cancel, took 4h for a reply offering voucher, went back said can I have a full refund, replied with yes, flight cancelled and refund within 90 days.

Strongly recommend using the text service, its slow but it works.
Old 2 Apr 20, 07:55 PM  
Link to this Post
dreamisawish
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by gavvy View Post
Called Virgin yesterday, 1h wait or you can text. So sent text asked if I could cancel, took 4h for a reply offering voucher, went back said can I have a full refund, replied with yes, flight cancelled and refund within 90 days.

Strongly recommend using the text service, its slow but it works.
I love that! They obviously need to offer that voucher first to see if you will bite but as soon as you push they are like ‘ok refund’!

That’s great news though.

The company I work for has also finally decided to start processing refunds, makes me a whole lot happier!

DLP | June 2015 | Dec 2016 | Sept 2017 | Oct 2017 | Nov 2018

WDW | April 2009 | Feb 2019
Old 2 Apr 20, 11:26 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Neilandrewhall View Post
So yesterday on our Virgin app our flights disappeared yet you could still do a new booking with them online for them dates so I've gone onto twitter as find them helpful asked and the guy has confirmed flights to Orlando currently will resume on the 16th april! YAY!

He was saying they havent cancelled on us

Yet everytime I speak to our TA there constantly asking for more money to change our dates?

Please help
Just checking you know there is a ‘stay at home’ in place in FL until May 2nd. (Perhaps longer TBC). Not sure that makes for a fun vacation?