Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 18 Jul 14, 11:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Taggie
Very Serious Dibber

Taking the Teens to Disney June 2014 - Day 9 - Aquatica, Seaworld and Premium Outlets

The Cast

Hubby - Richard (41) Joint Partial Planner

Me - Teresa (43) Main Planner with plenty of spreadsheets

DS1 - Daniel (17) Can't be without my phone or ipod

DS2- Joshua (15) Can't wait to get on the Rollercoasters

Previous Day

Wednesday 25th June
Aquatica, Sea World and Premium Outlets

Actual Temp 95° Lo 74°

As we are likely to experience thunderstorms in the afternoon, we decided to make Aquatica out first visit of the day, so cereal in the room and a refill drink – well hot water to make Tea/Coffee, we were down to the front desk to get a Taxi to Aquatica. We arrived just after 9 am.

First we went on Whanau Way – a double tube slide, so I went with Joshua and Richard went with Daniel. We then went on Omaka Rocka - a water slide in which riders speed down flumes into massive funnels, sliding high up one side and then the other.
To go on Tassie's Twisters you have to go through Loggerhead Lane to obtain your raft.
From the Loggerhead Lane lazy river, you'll make your way to the island in the center and climb to the tower.
Once you get to the top, lightning fast tubes shoot you into a giant bowl, where you'll spin, and spin, and spin, until you're finally spun back out into the lazy river

Next we went on Taumata Racer - a high-speed competitive mat ride where eight racers rip down a staggeringly steep hill, head first, scary, fun and so we did it twice.

We then went on Walhalla Wave, queue time was now 30 minutes, this is a family raft ride, so we could all go together.

Joshua wanted to do Ihu's Breakaway Falls - free-fall on the all-new drop slide, I’m not into free-fall rides and so Daniel went with him, the queue was about 15 minutes and Joshua said it was fast and he couldn’t breathe. Whilst they went on that, Richard & I queued for and went on HooRoo Run together. Our queue time was 30 minutes and so the boys were waiting for us when we finally arrived at the bottom.

Queue time for Dolphin Plunge looked too long and we had had enough of queues at this point, so we went in Roa's Rapids – I decided to wear a swim vest as although I can swim, I’m not great in deep water. The swim vest was great though as you could really float along and the rapids are really quick, the others donned a swim vest too. This was really fun and we stayed in here quite awhile.

It was now 12:45 pm and we decided to go for the All Day Dining Deal at Banana Beach – the cost for all four of us was $76.68 and we could have as much food and dessert as we liked and drinks
Enjoy unlimited visits all day at the Banana Beach all you care to eat buffet. There is a variety of pizzas along with pulled pork, baked chicken, and hot dogs with an array of sides and desserts. Plus, all of the ice-cold Coca-Cola products you care to drink.
We filled ourselves up and had a rest, before getting changed and popping back in to Banana Beach to fill up our refill drinks cups that we got at Busch Gardens.

We left at 2:45pm and caught free shuttle outside over to Seaworld arriving at 3pm.

On previous visits to Seaworld we have done the shows and seen the animals etc but we have never done the rides, so first stop was Manta – queue time 20 minutes. We have never been on a flying roller coaster before, so it was a very different experience, especially when you are sat upright in your seat one minute and then suddenly you are laying on your front, but I survived. Next we went on Kraken – queue time 30 minutes. And then we went on Journey to Atlantis – queue time 40 minutes, seemed to take forever to get to the front. We got a little wet.

The park was busy now and it was very hot, so we decided to take a break and leave. We headed over to the –I-Ride Trolley stop in the car park and caught the trolley down to Premium Outlets arriving at 6 pm.
Whilst the men looked in men shops I headed straight for the Kipling Store, I love Kipling bags. What I didn’t realise was, you are not supposed to take the items of the shelves, you just tell the cashier what you want, seemed a bit strange, so after having a good look around I chose a Keefe Bag, a Pattie Wallet Wristlet and a Small Sven & Baby Monkey Keychain.

Bag was reduced to $39.50 + Tax, Wallet was $19.99 + Tax and Monkey was $8 + Tax so total was $71.88 including Tax converting to £42.36 at a rate of 1.696. I’m happy, love my new bag. I bought a T-shirt in the Oakley store $7.99 including tax and Daniel bought a shirt in there for the same price, they had quite a few items on the sale rail. Joshua bought some aftershave in Fragrance Outlet which was half price at $21.27 including Tax. We then went to the Reebok Store – Joshua and I bought a pair of trainers each that were buy one get one free totalling $69.22 converting to £40.79 for both. Daniel bought a cheaper pair of trainers at $21.25 and Richard also bought a pair of trainers at $21.25, but the staff member sorting out his messed up putting it through and it took forever to sort out causing quite a queue to build up, she came across as rude too. Daniel likes collecting hats and saw one he really liked in Lids which when he went to buy it, they advised he could have another one half price, so he bought two for $45.25. So we could keep who owed what separate we got the boys the Post Office credit card, so we knew how much then they would have to pay us back. Richard went back into Oakley and bought himself a top for $23.96 including tax, whilst he was in there, we all changed our footwear to our new trainers as they were more comfy and Richard didn’t realise at first.

It was now 8 pm, so we thought we better head back to Seaworld as we will have more shopping time tomorrow. We caught the I-Ride back and arrived just before 9pm.

Due to the lightning and thunder the rides were closed, but we had done them earlier anyway, so we headed over to the Empire of the Penguins to see if the 50 minute queue from earlier was any shorter, it was now just 10 minutes so we did this.

We then headed around Shark Encounter, most people were in hiding at this point due to the inclement weather, so it was nice and quiet.

We went to the Stingray Lagoon.

As we were leaving the park we saw a small part of the late night show,

I thought this would have been cancelled due to the weather. Bubbles were also being blown as it was park closing time. We headed out to the car park and there is a desk there where they organise Taxi’s for you thank goodness, so we got a Taxi back to All Star Music, refill drink then bed.

Taking the Teens to Disney June 2014 - Day 10 - Wet'n'Wild, Premium Outlets x2 & Florida Mall
Pop Century May 07 + All Star Sports March 06
La Quinta Inn Lakeside March 05

Edited at 11:52 PM.
Taggie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 14, 01:42 AM  
Link to this Post
thewatsons
Apprentice Imagineer

Nice one
Four Corners 2014 H27
Highlands Reserve 2019 H27
thewatsons is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 14, 10:52 PM  
Link to this Post
col2501
VIP Dibber

col2501's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 78
Mobile

Great day, I think we are not destined to be in the same park on the same day

Colette
Our 1st Magical Disney Holiday!
Never Mind Epricot Trip report Oct 11
All Star Music and Hampton Inn Pointe Orlando June 2009
Sunset Lakes DIBB villa & HRH 15th October 2011
Esprit DIBB Villa 17 June 2014
Dubai Trip Report - just the 2 of us 30 Nov 2011
Introducing Queen P to Orlando June 2014 Report plenty of offsite delights food report June 2014
col2501 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 14, 11:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Taggie
Very Serious Dibber

It doesn't seem like it does it

Just added a couple of kipling photos into the report lol

The Orange Monkey is actually a Games Monkey bought on Amazon
Pop Century May 07 + All Star Sports March 06
La Quinta Inn Lakeside March 05
Taggie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 14, 05:46 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Good day

Joan