Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Closed Thread

Old 22 Jun 16, 01:48 PM  
Link to this Post
dbtgal
Looking for my Ears

Two females in orlando without a car

Hi, I'm looking for advice. I have been to Orlando twice before and driven both times. I booked last minute flights this week and don't want to hire a car. I've researched transport and know its not an issue but I don't know what area to book accommodation. I am going with my 15 year old daughter and a bit nervous about using public transport, walking to restaurants etc in the evening. Does anyone have any suggestions. While staying on International Drive many years ago my mother and I were followed whilst walking back to our hotel and it has stuck in my mind since then. We were fine but it was quite scary at the time as the guy made no attempt to hide the fact that he was following us. All info welcome. Thanks x
dbtgal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 16, 02:08 PM  
Link to this Post
JudgeJ26
Imagineer

Mobile

My daughter and I have stayed twice in The Clarion in Lake Buena Vista without a car. We used the hotel shuttles to the parks in the morning and coming back we used Platinum Taxis. We had a regular female taxi driver who we were able to call when required - she was lovely. The hotel is near the Crossroads where there are shops and eateries and we walked there and felt very safe. The hotel staff were lovely and made sure we were always ok with our transport and other necessities. Had a fantastic time and if it was just the two of us would stay there again.
JudgeJ26 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 16, 02:51 PM  
Link to this Post
dbtgal
Looking for my Ears

Thanks so much for reply. Checked various sites and Clarion not available for my dates. x
dbtgal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 16, 02:55 PM  
Link to this Post
JudgeJ26
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by dbtgal View Post
Thanks so much for reply. Checked various sites and Clarion not available for my dates. x
Oh that's a shame. I am sure others will be along with other suggestions. Good luck with your search😃.
JudgeJ26 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 16, 03:00 PM  
Link to this Post
lmorgan
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Where will you be visiting as that will help with suggestions for accommodation.
lmorgan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 16, 03:12 PM  
Link to this Post

We stayed at the Doubletree right across from the Clarion lest week, very nice hotel with four morning shuttles to the parks.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 16, 03:27 PM  
Link to this Post

We stayed at the Rosen Inn at Point Orlando last year and i would feel totally safe staying here again, even on my own & there are lots of eating places nearby. Sorry cant help with transport info as we always have a car, hope this helps
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 16, 03:40 PM  
Link to this Post
sky13
Imagineer

Any chance of booking on-site at Disney (try Expedia or similar which may have last minute bookings available)? I stayed solo at Pop last year and felt absolutely safe all of the time, even when I was getting back to Pop around 2/3/4am (making full use of late park openings). Transportation not an issue at all, as I just used the on-site transport system and Uber when I went to Universal...
Old 22 Jun 16, 04:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Bayshore
Imagineer

Bayshore's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7
Restaurant Reviews: 5
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
What parks are you hoping to visit? Might help to suggest hotels.
Bayshore is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 16, 05:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Louiseanne
Very Serious Dibber

DD and I have been going on our own since she was 9 (14 now). We've stayed at Rosen inn international, Rosen inn pointe Orlande, at RPR and at Animal kingdom. The only time I was worried at all was at RII - it was our first time, she was still quite young and it did feel a little away from things. The staff and security however were great and tbh we were in the parks very early so headed for bed earlish too. I guess I wouldn't do that hotel now she is older. Pointe Orlande we enjoyed better she was a bit older, the location is much busier and plenty of places to eat so felt we could do more with our evening. The easiest were Animal Kingdom and RPR as it was just easier to get around, to enjoy the evening things in the park and still get back to the hotels without worrying. We have never hired a car have used hotel shuttles, the trolley and Lynx bus to get around, been to universal, Seaworld, shopping malls and Disney no problem at all. Did use taxis a few time when we stayed late in the parks but we budgeted for these so that was fine.
Louiseanne is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread