Blondie1979
VIP Dibber

Blondie1979's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 30
15 Days Of Orlando Magic - Day 1, Travel Day

Apologies if this report has spelling mistakes or seems disjointed but as I write this I have been awake for 23 hours!
We have arrived safely after what seemed an eternity on the plane, here's a rundown of our day!

This was my first SnapChat post today, I woke up just before 5am and those butterflies started up again and would not go away so I decided to quietly make a cuppa and sit in bed for a bit.
At 8am I couldn't contain my excitement anymore and woke Ian and the kids up!🙂

We were ready and checked out by 10am so we took the short walk over to the terminal.

After an easy security clearance thanks to the Premier security sticker on our boarding cards we were through and only had one thing on our minds... food!
We ate at The Grain Store upstairs in the departure lounge and we all enjoyed our breakfast very much😋

Charlotte had pancakes

Ryan had pancakes with bacon and maple syrup, both the kids thought that they were possibly the nicest pancakes they'd ever eaten... high praise indeed!

Ian had the full English (of course!) and I had two poached eggs on toast, no photo I'm afraid.

After breakfast we had a wander around the duty free and found some photo opportunities 🙂

Charlotte found a fetching pair of sunglasses 😂

Willy Wonka eat your heart out!

Our flight was looking like it was going to be delayed as gate information kept being made later and later, finally at 12.40pm we were given gate 17. Off we went!

We flew on Tinker Belle today, very appropriate considering the destination!
We were boarded quickly onto a VERY hot plane where we sat... and sat... and sat😁

The captain finally told us that the APU unit was broken which meant that no auxiliary power could be used when engines weren't running, hence the early acclimatisation to Florida weather! 😅
This wasn't really what I wanted to hear but it turns out it's not that vital once airborne so they decided to not replace it as that would have taken 5 hours! Good choice Mr Captain!

Quick selfies later we were finally on our way an hour late.

We settled down after a bumpy take off and got comfy

The extra legroom seats are well worth the money in my opinion.

I decided to start with Zootropolis as I hadn't seen it yet. It was a good film, not amazing but good.
During the film they bought round lunch.

Ian and I chose the beef chilli, Charlotte had already decided that she didn't want plane food so we had bought her a sandwich in Boots at the airport.

Here is the chilli, ok it wasn't great but it wasn't awful, I didn't want my pudding so offered it to Charlotte, the next photo sums up what she thought of it...

Ha! 😄😄

This made her much happier.

I also had a little drink with my meal🙂

I managed to get Ryan to take a photo of his chicken before he demolished it, he said it was nice.

Still ages to go!

Don't know why but this flight seemed to be dragging, I watched another film, Daddy's Home, and then some modern family episodes followed by listening to some podcasts in my phone.

Ryan surfaced from his film watching in time for afternoon tea🙂

This was MUCH better than lunch, the wrap was mozzarella and roasted tomato pesto

It came with crisps and a very nice chocolate caramel slice

And of course a cuppa ☕️🙂

Finally we are nearly there! Landing was smooth and offload was relatively quick.
Immigration hall was packed but we were able to use the self service machines which definitely cut our wait down.
Our bags were off pretty quick too and we were on the transit over to the main terminal in no time

Shades out already!😎

It's at this point that I know I've arrived... love the smell in here!

We board our Magical Express bus to Old Key West.

Our driver was lovely and made us countdown from 10 when we crossed under the Disney sign, luckily for us Old Key West was the 1st stop out of 4👍🏼

I'm sorry but I don't have any photos of the villa or resort just yet, I promise to get some tomorrow!
We checked in and picked up our Magicbands, loving my purple one🙂 Our villa is in the Turtle Pond Road area so a completely different end of the resort than last year with mum.
It's lovely and I think the view is good but the time we arrived it was dark already, we headed up to the general store onsite to grab some snacks as we are hungry, goodness knows why?!
Kids and Ian are asleep now and I'm going to join them.
Tomorrow we are heading to the Magic Kingdom for breakfast at the crystal palace.

I can't quite believe I'm actually here, hopefully with a clear head tomorrow it will all seem real!

Thanks for following along with me xx

Old 29 Jul 16, 04:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Disneygirlxx
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Have a great time
Disneygirlxx is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 16, 04:55 AM  
Link to this Post
app
DIBB App Manager

New Photo Added by Blondie1979 - 29 Jul 16 4:55 AM.
app is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 16, 06:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Mobile

Yay Anna you are there... enjoy every minute and I'll look forward to reading all about it
Sam x
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 16, 07:41 AM  
Link to this Post
JenD1
Disney's Yacht Club Guest

You're there now so relax and enjoy! Have a wonderful day at magic kingdom, give pooh a hug from me!

Old 29 Jul 16, 07:42 AM  
Link to this Post
mazzadee
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Lucky you, have a fantastic holiday.
Old 29 Jul 16, 08:47 AM  
Link to this Post
sjw
I want to go now!

have a fantastic time and look forward to the next report!
sjw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 16, 09:11 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
A good travel day have a great holiday.

Joan
Old 29 Jul 16, 09:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Heed666
Getting Excited

Have a fantastic time.
Old 29 Jul 16, 09:21 AM  
Link to this Post
Doowop
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Great start 😃👍
Doowop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List