Link to this Post
Blondie1979
VIP Dibber

Blondie1979's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 30
15 Days Of Orlando Magic - Day 4, Swim, Shop & Eat!

We all benefited from a lay in this morning and red eyes and grumpy moods had disappeared overnight 🙂
I got up at 8am, popped some washing on and made the all important morning cup of tea and went out onto the balcony to take in the peace and quiet.
The picture is the view from our balcony, it's beautiful and I don't think I would ever tire of it.

This weird little guy decided to join me halfway through my cuppa, I was mid social media catch up and he flew onto the balcony, he really made me jump😄😄 He eyed me up and realised I didn't have any food so promptly left!
Ian and the kids joined me and we had breakfast of cereal and bagels before getting our swim gear on and heading to the pool.

The Turtle Pond Road pool is literally across the way from our villa and I think it's lovely, you have the bonus of the snack bar right by the pool and the peace and quiet too, the perfect combination for me!
I was also happy to find out that our rapid refillable mugs could be filled here, instead of doing it yourself the cast member does it for you, I was unaware of this and thought they could only be filled by the main pool.

We found some sun beds in the shade and whilst Ian and the kids headed straight in, I settled with my book.

Relaxing in the pool.

This was my view for the morning😎☀️

Spotted this cloud whilst reading, it sort of looks like a hidden Mickey!

The clock struck noon and I was really in the mood for a cocktail and seeing as they are available at the snack bar it seemed rude not to! I chose a strawberry daiquiri🍹

Ryan soon declared he was hungry so we decided to eat by the pool, I had planned to have lunch at Disney Springs but by the time we showered and got the bus it would have been quite late.
The food is simple but fresh and tasty.

I had the turkey club wrap, not sure why it's green but it was lovely!

The kids had a hotdog and crisps and Ian had a shrimp Cobb salad.

After lunch we showered and changed and got the bus to Disney Springs, it was 3.30pm by now.

I really can't convey in words how pretty this area is now, it may have taken years but boy have they done a fantastic job😀

We all fancy a look around the World of Disney store so we decide to let the kids have some time to themselves so we arrange to meet up again after 45mins.

Ian and I found the hat department so I obviously had to have some photos.

Omg I loved this hat! ☕️

Saw Ryan whilst looking so made him try this one on😄

We picked up some souvenirs which I will picture at end of today's report and headed back outside, Starbucks is right outside the entrance so we decided to spend some snack credits on some drinks.

Ryan had a banana split frappuccino and Charlotte had caramel waffle frappuccino.

Ian had a coffee caramel frappuccino.

I had a cool lime refresher. We all had the largest size, venti for the frappuccino's and Trenta for the refresher which would have cost us $25 if we'd paid out of pocket! 😳😳 Thank you dining plan 👍🏼

Charlotte and I had followed the Uniqlo opening on social media so we were excited to get to look in here, oh wow if you can't find yourself a Disney Tshirt in here you are fussy! 😀
I purchased one Tshirt (for now) and an umbrella I'd seen in a blog report and 'needed'

Here they are! The Tshirt was $14.90 and the umbrella was $19.90 really good prices I think.

We walked back to the bus stop and headed back to OKW to drop off our purchases before driving to the Beach Club for dinner.

We arrived at Cape May Cafe just in time for our ADR.

I've eaten breakfast here before but never dinner so it was a new experience for us all. The buffet is heavy on seafood (obviously!) but there was plenty of other options for those who aren't too keen like Charlotte and myself🙂

Ryan and Ian love their seafood and declared this their best meal so far.

I had beef strip loin, roasted chicken, mashed potato, green beans and I tried some fried shrimp too which I did enjoy!

This was my haul of desserts, Oreo cheesecake, cookies, chocolate cake and green apple for good measure ☺️

We left feeling very full and had a wander around outside the resort, this is yet another beautiful resort.

Not the best photo but across the lake is the Boardwalk.

We left the Beach club and drove back to OKW, getting totally lost and taking far too long to get back, tensions were running high in the car 😂

So to the few purchases I made earlier... this hand towel is for my recently fitted cloakroom.

New Tea towels, a 2016 plate for the collection and a new Pluto mug for me as I've chipped my one at home.

Back of the mug.

A plastic bowl for my new nephew Joshua, he's not quite on solids yet but when he's ready he has the correct equipment!

A magnet for my extensive fridge collection.

And that definitely counts for me!
We have had a relatively quiet Disney day today but again it was brilliant.
Tomorrow we are off to Blizzard Beach for the day and eating at Raglan Road in the evening. Not sure if I'll have lots of photos but I will do my best!

Thanks again for reading! xx

Old 1 Aug 16, 04:17 AM  
Link to this Post
jono74656
Excited about Disney

jono74656's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Looks like another fantastic day Anna, glad to see Disney Springs is looking better now. Can't wait for a chance to have a wander there myself

My First Solo Trip Report
jono74656 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Aug 16, 04:28 AM  
Link to this Post
app
DIBB App Manager

New Photo Added by Blondie1979 - 1 Aug 16 4:28 AM.
app is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Aug 16, 07:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

Resort looks beautiful, is the book good?

You seem to pace yourselves similarly to us, everyone looks very happy!x

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Aug 16, 07:31 AM  
Link to this Post
Chloeoeysmum
slightly serious Dibber

Chloeoeysmum's Reviews
Just read all the latest reports with a coffee before work, thank you for getting my day off to a good start! Happy to see the hats can't wait for more and it's making me all the more excited for our trip have fun today X
Old 1 Aug 16, 07:40 AM  
Link to this Post
JenD1
Disney's Yacht Club Guest

Lovely relaxed day, you do need them. Can't wait to see Disney Spring! Have a good day at blizzard beach (team boat spring our favourite).

Old 1 Aug 16, 08:31 AM  
Link to this Post
KeepSmiling
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile Fab day

Sounds like a lovely day. We enjoy relaxing by the pool too. Love your write up on Cape May. We are staying at Disney's Beach Club and are really looking forward to eating here. Can't wait to explore the new look Disney Springs. Enjoy your day at Blizzard Beach. This is our favorite water park.
KeepSmiling is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Aug 16, 09:18 AM  
Link to this Post
Jake71
Imagineer

Oooooo some lovely souvenirs and I love your t-shirt and brollie.
Old 1 Aug 16, 09:39 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
A lovely relaxing day apart from the journey home from Beach Club

Joan
Old 1 Aug 16, 10:02 AM  
Link to this Post
emilou
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

ooh fab day and thanks for the tips.. must go to uniqlo and try those drinks from starbucks