Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 7 Dec 19, 08:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Minnie18
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by mickey house View Post
I have no experience of cleaning properties for a living, but if me and my wife stay in a 4 bed 4 bathroom villa, and only use half the bedrooms and bathrooms, and leave everything clean and tidy it must surely save the cleaners a lot more time than say two families of 4 (8 people) using every room/bathrooms and not leaving things as tidy/clean as we do?
It doesn't matter that you've not used rooms etc they would still need cleaned. If we go into a house your right its fab when guests leave it great but there's still a lot needs cleaning apart from the usual stuff.

Edited at 09:27 AM.
Minnie18 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Dec 19, 10:01 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Mobile

We pay our cleaners $120, we don't have to worry about bins as our landscapers move them.
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Dec 19, 10:04 PM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

Originally Posted by EssexSue View Post
We pay our cleaners $120, we don't have to worry about bins as our landscapers move them.
So almost £100. I am very nosey (as opposed ro curious), so how long on average does it take one person to clean your villa?
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Dec 19, 10:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

They have to turn the villa round in 4 hours if it's aback to back booking
So it is ready for our housekeeping supervisor to check for the next arrival
It's normally all the washing that can hold them up or if guests faff about checking out and some doeven 30 mins can make a huge difference
My cleaner is really good her and her husband can do a full clean every room even Beds that don't look slept in are stripped and made up fresh and it's done right in 2hours if thewashing is not the height of the Laundry celing and not every dish mug glass pot and pan has been used engender worse if they have used all the pool towels as well
Believe me they earn there money
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Dec 19, 11:03 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by mickey house View Post
So almost £100. I am very nosey (as opposed ro curious), so how long on average does it take one person to clean your villa?
Our turn around is 6 hours, as Helen said the washing is the issue but we do have a large washing machine and tumble dryer. I have never done the clean myself but I always leave villa tidy with sheets in dryer, towels in washing machine and dishwasher on. I would do this in any house I stayed in, it's a matter of pride. When we stayed in a gite my daughter chased us all out with a broom but she is much more house-proud than me.
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Dec 19, 11:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Ha ha Sue I bought a new washer last year went for a top loader with a quick was and bigger load capacity it's great cleaners love it
Only issue at 5ft I can't reach the bottom to get stuff out that's why there are BBQ tongs hanging in our laundry in case anybody wonders
Needsmust andall that
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Dec 19, 11:31 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Gryff View Post
Ha ha Sue I bought a new washer last year went for a top loader with a quick was and bigger load capacity it's great cleaners love it
Only issue at 5ft I can't reach the bottom to get stuff out that's why there are BBQ tongs hanging in our laundry in case anybody wonders
Needsmust andall that
Helen you have taken me right back to my childhood there with laundry tongs hanging in the shed with the washboard.
I had an inner ear infection on last trip and nearly went head first into the washing machine whilst emptying it!
Old 7 Dec 19, 11:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Minnie18
Imagineer

Interest ing as like I said to MH after a change from nursing I set up my own holiday home management business. I do have a very lot of contacts in NY and Orlando plus many other places in the world.

For me this thread has been an eye opener to say the least for various reasons and I've discussed it with my across the pond friends and they are confused.

Edited at 09:21 AM.
Minnie18 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Dec 19, 11:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Sue if my mum had had a wash hoose as we called it when we lived
On the small holding big copper boiler for hot water a single tub washer a wringer and a deep sink and washing tongs I'd never have thought of it
She wouldn't have called the Queen her auntie when Dad bought her a twin tub from the pawn shop she still kept the baby burco boiler and spin a rinse no I confess the spin arinse is in my laundry and used
When my Bosch washer just doesn't spin stuff enough
Wish I'd kept the burco as well brought white sheets towels and nappies up a treat
And no in not ancient andid have my twin tub back any day an hour did the washing mine was in our wash hoose so no need to drag it out and none of this I've not got enough to do a white load light coloured dark load all done in each wash done and dusted in an hour
I confess I've a big big thing about what goes in with what
Heck I even do a dedicated kitchen wash and my mop heads arechanged daily I use 3 one kitchen /laundry / mud room one bathrooms and one all other hard floors
And no I'm not ultra house proud we've dogs and as a nurse it gives me the hitters that anybody would put nickers under wear etc in with
Dish clothes / tea towels / table linnen etc yes call me Mrs Bucket
I don't care don't start me on how to load the dishwasher