Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 24 Nov 19, 10:29 PM  
Link to this Post
janey2000
Excited about Disney

Help! Feeling unprepared...

We are leaving in a few weeks arriving on a Sunday leaving Wednesday with our 11 year old daughter. Ive just started panicking!

What should i be thinking of her wearing? She has no super warm clothing!
Did you take any snacks if you had half board dining? Do i need a kettle for Sequoia lodge?
We are getting eurostar to Paris, anyone have a handy guide of getting the train onto DLP?
We have no plan! Anything i need to get covered on the Sunday as this is our only weekend day?

Thanks so much!

Pre trip report - Aug 2014 Florida and Georgia
http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=794593
janey2000 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Nov 19, 10:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Mobile

You can get a kettle from reception. Take mugs and spoons and anything you want to drink. There is no fridge. We usually take Kenco 2 in 1 sachets so we don’t need milk.
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Nov 19, 10:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Mobile

There are lots of video guides on YouTube showing how to get to DLP from Gare du Nord.
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Nov 19, 10:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We took our own kettle, disposable coffee mugs from the pound shop ( made drink and drank it walking to the park), plastic spoons, 2 in 1 coffee, sachets hot chocolate, teabags, little pots of long life milk ( like you get in a cafe), loads of snacks. We were in Santa Fe and called to the garage for milk for cereals ( we went before you got full hotel breakfast)

If you are going soon I really would get warm clothing, thermals, hat and gloves. We went last October half term, it was dry but really cold, especially if stood in queues.

You don’t need to plan too much at DLP but I would certainly recommend arriving at the park about 20 minutes or so before EMH when you will get lots of rides done. Have a look at a park plan so you know roughly where you are going.
Have you booked your restaurants ?
Character meets in the Studios need to be booked on the day on the Lineberty app so I would download this before you go.
Hope you have a fantastic time !
Smilesonfaces is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Nov 19, 12:19 AM  
Link to this Post
baggers
Excited about Disney

Mobile

I would make sure you have enough layers. It can get cold stood in queues etc and if you go inside you can take some off. I find tights under jeans help and thick socks.
We like to take snacks to keep my son occupied in queues. Also took his Nintendo Switch for the really long queues.
baggers is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Nov 19, 07:26 AM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Look at the programme if you want to catch the shows and parades. In particular, try and see Mickey’s Big Band show in Studios. Get there a good half hour before.

Oh, and my top tip is always don’t bother with the buses! Just as quick to walk.
Old 25 Nov 19, 05:44 PM  
Link to this Post
kk20
Imagineer

We leave on the 16th Dec. Odds are it will be freezing cold at night (it was when we went last time). For the girls we have tights, leggings, jean and ski trousers/saloppettes. Base layer, long sleeve t, fleece T, fleece, coat. Double hat (we use woolly hat plus buff), scarf, under gloves and over gloves.

On the days we have restaurants we have our fleece T replaced by disney Ts so we take our coat and fleece off at one layer.

We ahve 3 stainless steel flasks, each flask will have hot water, one with hot milk. We take sachets of hot chocolate and coffee. Typically we buy mugs as we are mug hoarders.

Make no mistake, one hour of queuing when the sun goes down can turn from fun to miserable if it is raining, windy and cold. With a bit of warm gear you will be toasty and happy. Aldi have great cheap ski gear that isnt too bulky but wind proof and shower resistant. Combine this with aldi "wash in" water repellent makes the outer coats and trousers very water resistant. We pack these in compression bags, they pack small.

socks. dont forget socks! I personally have some 2 tog socks that I can squeeze into boots. They are loooooovely and warm. Kids have their tights, and double thin socks.

This was my trippy last time in mid/late dec. We had ski gear on and snow boots back then during the day it was 5C with extra wind chill during the day. Some days it was throwing it down.

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...d.php?t=848154
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...d.php?t=848187
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...d.php?t=848205
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...d.php?t=848814

We always take a small travel kettle wherever we go. Its been with us since the youngest was 9mo warming bottles and baby jars. We do ask for larger kettle for water and use ours for milk. We also take snacks with us and generally buy some from the relay shop for the park. With the snacks and flasks we survive on breakfast plus main meal each day. Plastic fruit pots are great sources of "not those damn cereal bars again!" food. I get a free luggage with my frequent flyer so we check a luggage in plus 4 10kg small suitcases (and "handbags"). That is plenty for the 6 days we will be away in total. We fly in our fleeces and coats plus boots.

gone are the days of hiding croissants in the bottom of the pram :-D

Edited at 06:00 PM.
kk20 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Nov 19, 09:00 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsCupcake
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Mobile

Some great tips there kk20. I will be using them all when we go at Christmas!
MrsCupcake is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Dec 19, 09:12 AM  
Link to this Post
Elodie
Imagineer

Definitely take layers that you can add / remove easily. When we went in December, my girls wore leggings under their jeans and jumpers over their tops (or leggings and long sleeved tops under princess dresses when they dressed up.) It was mild weather, so they often found these warm enough that they didn’t want their coats on, so it was easy to stuff their coats etc into our backpack during the day. At night, it got colder, so we added coats, gloves and scarves.
WDW Nov 1988/DLP Cheyenne Aug 2016/DLPDLHDec 2017/DLP Santa Fe May-Jun 2018/Magic at Sea cruise Jul-Aug 2021/WDW & 2 Wish cruises Aug-Sep 2023/DLP Newport Bay Compass Club Aug 2024/Fantasy’s first ever cruise from the UK Jul-Aug 2025
Elodie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Dec 19, 09:13 AM  
Link to this Post
Elodie
Imagineer

And don’t forget this about your free drinks at the hotel:

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1153650

We didn’t know about this during any of our trips, so I hope they’re still doing it when we next go!
WDW Nov 1988/DLP Cheyenne Aug 2016/DLPDLHDec 2017/DLP Santa Fe May-Jun 2018/Magic at Sea cruise Jul-Aug 2021/WDW & 2 Wish cruises Aug-Sep 2023/DLP Newport Bay Compass Club Aug 2024/Fantasy’s first ever cruise from the UK Jul-Aug 2025
Elodie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List