Go Back   theDIBB > Walt Disney World and Other Florida Vacation Planning > ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants
Forgotten Password?
Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.
Eat and Play Card
Reply
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Unread 3 Dec 19, 02:14 PM  
Link to this Post
#1
dx4100
Apprentice Imagineer
 
Join Date: Feb 17
Be our guest - pre-park checkin

Just wondering how this works - done it before but forgot...

Am I right in thinking you go to the entrance and scan your band to confirm you have a reservation and then give you some sort of ticket to show at the cast member guarding the entrance to Fantasy land ?
__________________
2002 - Disney Paris Santa Fe
2016 - Disney Paris Hotel New York
2018 - Hard Rock / Beach Club
2019 - Hard Rock / Villa
2020 - Beach Club
dx4100 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Back to the Beach Club 2020
Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Dec 19, 08:27 PM  
Link to this Post
#2
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

 
Mexy02's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 12

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Go down to the castle and you will find cms with iPads the will direct you to be our guest . As everyone can go down Main Street now before opening thats where the ropes are .
__________________
LBV Spa resort October 2013
Bahama bay October/Nov 2015, 1 night Disney contemporary oct 2015, 1 night Loews rpr Nov 2015
Bahama bay October /Nov 2017, 1 night Disney contemporary oct 17 , 1 night AKL , 1 night GF
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Yacht club, Bahama Bay , Poly :)
Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Dec 19, 07:30 AM  
Link to this Post
#3
sha9
VIP Dibber

 
sha9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 08

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

No ticket, you just get your band scanned a second time. Only one person in the party needs to do it though if I remember right. That may be just for EMH though.
__________________
Lisa

Dining Reports
2011,2012, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019
Trip reports
2016, 2017, 2018, 2019
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Where are we staying in 2020?
Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Dec 19, 09:44 AM  
Link to this Post
#4
Yorkie Girl
Imagineer
 
Yorkie Girl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 12

Yorkie Girl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 19
We had a reservation for 8am on a 9am opening day. We got through bag check etc at 7.40am and, after having my band scanned, were held just to the left of the railway station until 7.45am when they opened Main Street for everyone (they let us in first). They gave us a leaflet to show where 2nd checkin was for each restaurant. BOG is just near liberty square bridge, and they then let you round the side of the castle.

Actually, thinking back (about 2weeks ) our ADR wasnt until 8.20am, but we went straight to BOG and were sat down straight away (well, once through the initial queue to pay).
Yorkie Girl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Nothing booked, but...
Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Dec 19, 10:15 AM  
Link to this Post
#5
dx4100
Thread Starter
Apprentice Imagineer
 
Join Date: Feb 17
Mobile

Originally Posted by Yorkie Girl View Post
We had a reservation for 8am on a 9am opening day. We got through bag check etc at 7.40am and, after having my band scanned, were held just to the left of the railway station until 7.45am when they opened Main Street for everyone (they let us in first). They gave us a leaflet to show where 2nd checkin was for each restaurant. BOG is just near liberty square bridge, and they then let you round the side of the castle.

Actually, thinking back (about 2weeks ) our ADR wasnt until 8.20am, but we went straight to BOG and were sat down straight away (well, once through the initial queue to pay).
Worth mobile ordering next time to avoid that queue
__________________
2002 - Disney Paris Santa Fe
2016 - Disney Paris Hotel New York
2018 - Hard Rock / Beach Club
2019 - Hard Rock / Villa
2020 - Beach Club
dx4100 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Back to the Beach Club 2020
Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Dec 19, 10:20 AM  
Link to this Post
#6
Claudette
Imagineer
 
Claudette's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 18
Location: Hertfordshire

Claudette's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by dx4100 View Post
Worth mobile ordering next time to avoid that queue
I dint think there is any way of avoiding the queue PP refers to. At BOG you can order thirty days in advance for breakfast and lunch but there are still two queues to go through. One at the entry to the bridge and then one inside.
Claudette is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
NY & Disney 2020
Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Dec 19, 10:40 AM  
Link to this Post
#7
dx4100
Thread Starter
Apprentice Imagineer
 
Join Date: Feb 17
Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
I dint think there is any way of avoiding the queue PP refers to. At BOG you can order thirty days in advance for breakfast and lunch but there are still two queues to go through. One at the entry to the bridge and then one inside.
When I last went in May 2018 (8am breakfast) after passing the first set of cast members there was two queues. One to the right to order and pay for food and one to the left which was pre-ordered guests.

There was no queue to the left and a huge queue to the right. I can imagine during really busy time the queue on the left might for to a handful of mins but nothing like the queue to the right where people are ordering.

So I am presuming if YG found a huge queue at 8:20 they are almost certainly referring to the right hand queue and not the left hand queue for pre-ordered customers.

EDIT: after reading the post you are right - I misread with a tired head this morning - they didn't say they waited long at all

I will leave my post as is though as it might help someone
__________________
2002 - Disney Paris Santa Fe
2016 - Disney Paris Hotel New York
2018 - Hard Rock / Beach Club
2019 - Hard Rock / Villa
2020 - Beach Club

Edited at 10:46 AM.
dx4100 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Back to the Beach Club 2020
Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Dec 19, 10:50 AM  
Link to this Post
#8
Claudette
Imagineer
 
Claudette's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 18
Location: Hertfordshire

Claudette's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by dx4100 View Post
When I last went in May 2018 (8am breakfast) after passing the first set of cast members there was two queues. One to the right to order and pay for food and one to the left which was pre-ordered guests.

There was no queue to the left and a huge queue to the right. I can imagine during really busy time the queue on the left might for to a handful of mins but nothing like the queue to the right where people are ordering.

So I am presuming if YG found a huge queue at 8:20 they are almost certainly referring to the right hand queue and not the left hand queue for pre-ordered customers.

EDIT: after reading the post you are right - I misread with a tired head this morning - they didn't say they waited long at all

I will leave my post as is though as it might help someone
I agree a big queue to the right, we always pre order and go to the left queue once inside, there has always been a few people in front, but not dozens no.
Claudette is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
NY & Disney 2020
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Forum Jump

My Magic Holiday

All times are GMT +1. The time now is 08:54 AM.


Powered by vBulletin - Copyright © 2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

theDIBB Menu

American Attractions

US Dollar Rates
ASDA  $1.2873
Covent Garden FX  $1.2956
FAIRFX  $1.2835
John Lewis  $1.2892
M&S  $1.2638
Post Office  $1.2646
Sainsburys  $1.2875
TESCO  $1.2899
Travelex  $1.2822
Updated: 07:30 08/12/2019

theDIBB Charities
Cancer Research UK
DIBB Members have Donated: £10,130
£


Macmillan Cancer Support
DIBB Members have Donated: £1,085
£

Euro Rates
ASDA  €1.1629
Covent Garden FX  €1.1716
FAIRFX  €1.1615
John Lewis  €1.1680
M&S  €1.1449
Post Office  €1.1431
Sainsburys  €1.1641
TESCO  €1.1658
Travelex  €1.1557
Updated: 07:30 08/12/2019

Orlando Weather
Florida Time
Sun 8th Dec 2:54am
Now: 15C/59F
Clear Sky
Clear Sky
Cloud Cover: 1%
Wind: 5mph - NE Arrow points to where the wind is coming from.
Pressure: 1021mb
Humidity: 93%
Illuminations Smoke
Updated: 07:50 08/12/2019