Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 3 Dec 19, 07:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

Originally Posted by shirley View Post
He has been offered a move5, he arrived home Sunday night, so now he needz to decide whether to go down and get flat sorted tben head home again or hold off until after festive break and getting sorted. Hes got a bug atm, so not fit to head down on a bus, i can help with car after Friday but tied up until then. So thats made him more relaxed, but he is happy to be home xx. Thanks for all your impute, much appreciated xxx
I am happy that it is being taken seriously - though it should never have happened in the first place.

Get well soon Josh too.

Index of my trip reports
2016 Quebec - Kuala Lumpar - New York City 2017 Dubai - Eurocamps France - Ontario and Quebec - So-Cal 2018 Montreal - Bangkok - New England 2019 Argentina - Quebec City - Hong Kong - 2020 Switzerland 2022 Arizona - Costa Med Cruise - Oslo 2023 Hong Kong - Gothenburg
Melbatb is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Dec 19, 09:30 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Originally Posted by shirley View Post
He has been offered a move5, he arrived home Sunday night, so now he needz to decide whether to go down and get flat sorted tben head home again or hold off until after festive break and getting sorted. Hes got a bug atm, so not fit to head down on a bus, i can help with car after Friday but tied up until then. So thats made him more relaxed, but he is happy to be home xx. Thanks for all your impute, much appreciated xxx
I’m so pleased the university acted quickly on this, I do hope things settle down for Josh now and he feels better soon xx
DisneyDaffodil is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 19, 11:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridag1rl
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by DisneyDaffodil View Post
I think there is often a panic to find accommodation early, but it doesn’t have to be this early if Josh isn’t ready yet. Georgia and her friends are going to start to look next week, when they all return from reading week, but only to get an idea of what is available and which areas of Bristol they would like to be in, and what they can get for their budget. There is an accommodation fair in early December and I think they will be seriously looking after then, hoping to secure something by Christmas/early January.

If Josh hasn’t made friends he would like to move in with, I do believe people advertise on notice boards for students to move in with them if they have,for example, a 5 bedroom house and they are a group of 4. They usually state if they are party types/quiet types etc and look for someone who will fit in with their group. This may be a good way for Josh to find both roommates and friends. I don’t think he needs to panic and decide too early though as he may regret his choice, much better to be sure he gets on with his roommates for next year first
A lot of students live in the houses on Gloucester Road in Bristol, my son had a nice house right at the top of Gloucester Road, they had 5 of them sharing the house and it was only 10 mins from the Uni.
Old 5 Dec 19, 11:46 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Floridag1rl View Post
A lot of students live in the houses on Gloucester Road in Bristol, my son had a nice house right at the top of Gloucester Road, they had 5 of them sharing the house and it was only 10 mins from the Uni.
I actually think Georgia and her friends are looking at a few on Gloucester Road next week. They have a few new viewings lined up, so I’m hoping they will find one they all like soon 😀
DisneyDaffodil is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Dec 19, 09:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Stardust5
Imagineer

Well we are collecting Ben from Canterbury tomorrow, the first term is done! I can’t believe he has completed his first term, it has gone by very quickly but I have also missed having him at home. We are all looking forward to the Christmas holidays and being all back together again! He has found 2 other boys to share with next year so first job when he goes back in Jan will be to start looking for a house. Just want to say a big thank you to everyone (especially DisneyDaffodil who set the chat up)that has posted, it’s nice to hear how all the children are doing and that I have a place where I can share my worries etc with others that understand. I wish everyone a very Happy Christmas, enjoy the time with your families and children.
Stardust5 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Dec 19, 11:23 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Stardust5 View Post
Well we are collecting Ben from Canterbury tomorrow, the first term is done! I can’t believe he has completed his first term, it has gone by very quickly but I have also missed having him at home. We are all looking forward to the Christmas holidays and being all back together again! He has found 2 other boys to share with next year so first job when he goes back in Jan will be to start looking for a house. Just want to say a big thank you to everyone (especially DisneyDaffodil who set the chat up)that has posted, it’s nice to hear how all the children are doing and that I have a place where I can share my worries etc with others that understand. I wish everyone a very Happy Christmas, enjoy the time with your families and children.
I know, it seems so strange to think the first term is nearly over 😀 I’m so pleased that Ben is happy and found friends to share with next year. Georgia and her friends seems to be ready to sign for their house tomorrow as they have found one they all seem to like in the Clifton area of Bristol. They have a meeting at the letting agents tomorrow to check a few things and then arrange to sign the contract.

I’ve also enjoyed the chats we have on here, and sharing all our worries and hearing about our children’s journey so far, and hope we can continue this together throughout their university years. Georgia doesn’t finish for Christmas until the 20th, although she was home last weekend to put the Xmas decorations up and we all went to see Frozen 2 so she went back feeling very festive and is excitedly looking forward to her Christmas break now too (although not looking forward to her exams the week she goes back 😂 ) I hope everyone on here and their children enjoy a wonderful Christmas together. I know we are all very proud of how well they have done so far
Old 12 Dec 19, 08:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Ked
Excited about Disney

A big thank you to you all from me too! Some days I felt so helpless with Kate, the support and others stories on here made it better.
It’s been a interesting few months, Kate arrived home yesterday for the Christmas break and is still considering her options for September but it looks like a move to cardiff is going to happen. I just want her to be happy.
Merry Christmas all xxx
Ked is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Dec 19, 08:27 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Ked View Post
A big thank you to you all from me too! Some days I felt so helpless with Kate, the support and others stories on here made it better.
It’s been a interesting few months, Kate arrived home yesterday for the Christmas break and is still considering her options for September but it looks like a move to cardiff is going to happen. I just want her to be happy.
Merry Christmas all xxx
I’m pleased Kate has made the decision to move to Cardiff now, hopefully things will be easier there for her and she can get home a bit more often. I know Georgia would have struggled a lot more if she wasn’t able to come home some weekends or we visit her occasionally. She loves Bristol now, and her course and friends, but she gets a little homesick if she doesn’t see us every 2-3 weeks.

I hope you have a brilliant Christmas together. I’m looking forward to ours too, which can start next Thursday evening when DH picks Georgia up from Bristol
Old 12 Dec 19, 08:30 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Also, adding that Georgia and her friends secured their flat for next year. She will be sharing with three other girls, two of them are also Biology students and the other shares with one of the other girls at the moment. I have met two of them, and they seem very nice friendly girls and they all get on very well and have similar interests. Georgia says they are planning to spend their evenings playing board games and watching Disney and Marvel films next year together 😂
Old 12 Dec 19, 10:11 PM  
Link to this Post
sammykitten
Imagineer

Thanks from me too, this has been a great thread and its lovely that we're keeping updated with our students progresses .

My DD comes home on Saturday for the Christmas break, she's home until 13th or 14th January, but has assignments which must be completed and submitted online by 8th.

She's just about ready to sign for her shared house next year, she is going to be sharing with one of her current flatmates, and 3 other girls who all know each other through my DD's flatmate. She's been spoiled this year in halls, as she can literally fall out of bed, walk across the road, and be at the business school. Next year she'll need to get the bus.
sammykitten is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List