Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 4 Dec 19, 07:42 AM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
I was there last month .

Some of the staff directing cars in the car parks were beyond rude and didn’t have a clue .. and one CM in charge of loading people onto the tram at MK was vile . She was barking and shouting at people for no reason at all

But in the parks we came across some lovely CM’s and photopass staff , and one tram driver was brilliant so funny

Crowd levels overall didn’t seem to bad till it came to firework time and exiting MK.. it was just too busy, I am surprised more people haven’t been hurt when leaving the parks.
daytonababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Dec 19, 10:27 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

We left MK yesterday at about 5pm and couldn’t believe the crowds coming in for the Christmas party. We’ve never visited at a peak crowd time before and it’s obvious that Disney are just not employing enough staff, it’s no surprise that some of them look miserable.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Dec 19, 07:15 PM  
Link to this Post
bennyboy0751
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Sandra & co View Post
I won’t be going to Disney if it’s rammed, back to Florida and maybe two days at Universal and then off to the coast. Chilling out with a cocktail in The Florida sun with a massive villa and my own pool is much more appealing. Glad we did The Disney Parks, character meals and BBB when the kids were young probably couldn’t afford it now!
thats what we are doing next time 1 week idrive universal chilling then 1 week on coast
bennyboy0751 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Dec 19, 08:33 PM  
Link to this Post
neatfrk
Imagineer

I think the rise and proliferation of the DCP is partially to blame for decreased CM attitude, morale and service. Disney has slowly replaced veteran full time park workers with a steady rotation of college students on temporary assignments.

I am not claiming that every participant of the DCP is subpar. Many DCPers are bright, energetic and do their best to preserve the magic (like Charlotte on here); but too often the less enthusiastic "kids" working the parks demonstrate an ambivalence that defies the best-in-class Disney service levels the parks were built on. The full time CMs fading from the scene offer pride and a sense of ownership as opposed to the markedly cheaper seasonally replaced college kids... and the feel of the parks (in my view) suffers for it.

Not to go off a tangent...but for those with Disney+, watch the first episode of The Imagineering Story. There is an anecdotal conversation someone had with Walt Disney as he was pursuing the idea of Disneyland. They asked Walt something like "Why would you want to build an amusement park? They are all dirty and everyone working in them is miserable". Walt responded by simply saying "My park will be different".

WDW today versus ten years ago...does anyone disagree that is it not nearly as clean as it once was and offers far fewer magical Castmembers?
neatfrk is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Dec 19, 10:42 PM  
Link to this Post
bennyboy0751
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by neatfrk View Post
I think the rise and proliferation of the DCP is partially to blame for decreased CM attitude, morale and service. Disney has slowly replaced veteran full time park workers with a steady rotation of college students on temporary assignments.

I am not claiming that every participant of the DCP is subpar. Many DCPers are bright, energetic and do their best to preserve the magic (like Charlotte on here); but too often the less enthusiastic "kids" working the parks demonstrate an ambivalence that defies the best-in-class Disney service levels the parks were built on. The full time CMs fading from the scene offer pride and a sense of ownership as opposed to the markedly cheaper seasonally replaced college kids... and the feel of the parks (in my view) suffers for it.

Not to go off a tangent...but for those with Disney+, watch the first episode of The Imagineering Story. There is an anecdotal conversation someone had with Walt Disney as he was pursuing the idea of Disneyland. They asked Walt something like "Why would you want to build an amusement park? They are all dirty and everyone working in them is miserable". Walt responded by simply saying "My park will be different".

WDW today versus ten years ago...does anyone disagree that is it not nearly as clean as it once was and offers far fewer magical Castmembers?
exactly my point
bennyboy0751 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 19, 06:23 PM  
Link to this Post
cybermum
Imagineer

cybermum's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 4
I experienced this in California last year. I was appalled at the attitudes and way they spoke to people . I made a complaint there on the day and I have never complained before , yet I felt I had to .
It was so detrimental that we have zero desire to ever visit Disneyland ever again.
cybermum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Dec 19, 06:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Buzz n' Piglet
Imagineer

Mobile

FP+ has a lot to do with the crowds. The parks arent actually busier, just less people are in queues and more are wandering about waiting on FP times.
Buzz n' Piglet is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Dec 19, 09:18 PM  
Link to this Post
minnie1981
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

On our past couple of visits to florida and again for next year we will be visiting universal and seaworld as we also have the same opinion as others that the disney parks are too busy. I love disney and after watching lots of disney videos recently on you tube I desperately try and convince my family to go but they still refuse for all the reasons you have mentioned. It makes me so sad to think ill not be returning any time soon but after reading this i think i have to think with my head and not my heart 😢 My kids are teenagers now and i am so glad we visited disney whilst they were younger and we all have those memories. I do also think kids should at least experience disney once so I’m still hoping that when we have grandchildren one day we will take them😆

HOLIDAY INN 2007
GRANDE VILLAS LBV 2011, 2013, 2016, 2019
WINDSOR HILLS 2018
ROSEN INN POINTE MARCH, OCT 2023
minnie1981 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Dec 19, 11:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Tretinker
Very Serious Dibber

This is an odd one for me, we aren't doing Universal next year because of a number of the same reasons many people are saying they won't do disney.
Universal was massively busy and we waited 40mins + with FOLP. Everywhere had massive queues and the eating venues inside the parks were dirty, the staff shockingly rude with 2 having a full blown row about a plate of chicken.
At Disney they eating establishments we used were clean, staff delightful baring 1 young lady at the hotel. We had an issue at BoG but not holiday ruining.
We didn't have long waits like at Universal and the cost of tickets compared with what's on offer makes Disney more reasonable, universal seem to have most 3D sim rides with the exception of HP which is incredible.
The whole world is getting busier I don't think that's Disney's fault when I first went to disney our road had a few cars now that same road is rammed. I do agree that there are far too many special nights making the normal nights busy and too many tickets sold at these events.

Busch was awesome though! And I think for a cheap trip we'll do SW and Busch one day.
1st Trip - Sept/Oct 1997 *2nd Trip - Nov/Dec 2000, *3rd Trip - Oct/Nov 2005 *4th Trip - Mar/Apr 2016 5th Trip - Easter 2017 the year of the chicken pox *6th Trip - Aug 2019 a first time for summer *7th Trip - Aug 2020 And then there were 4 *1st DLP Trip December 2020
Tretinker is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Dec 19, 09:56 AM  
Link to this Post
bennyboy0751
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Buzz n' Piglet View Post
FP+ has a lot to do with the crowds. The parks arent actually busier, just less people are in queues and more are wandering about waiting on FP times.
sorry to disagree with you, i was there a week ago hollywood studios was over capacity no doubt, i contacted disney leadership whilst there and sent photos and videos you could not move at all down hollywood boulervade , from tot to main entrance was packed solid people were getting distressed with kids it was very dangerous no doubt about it they contacted me withing 90 seconds that was unbelievable it told me they knew it too, we left the park because if there had been an incident it would have been catastophic even staff were stressing because they could not cope at all