Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 24 Jan 21, 09:59 AM  
Link to this Post
saratogajan
Apprentice Imagineer

We own at SSR (since 2015 resale). No need to have points for preferred. We always request the grandstand which isn’t preferred as first on the bus and first off on the way back. Often don’t have a car for the entire holiday. I was like you and didn’t drive so gave it a go when I took my sister and her kids and it was actually quite easy. Good luck with your purchase.
saratogajan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 21, 10:39 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

I posted this up the other day but had it on whilst on my treadmill yesterday (Mrs YT and I always like running in WDW) and interestingly it was just done and you can see the bridge and pool refurb - it’s quite a way in. They have the slide in scaffold and I am not even sure if the bridge is there. 22 mins in- you see the bridge has been entirely ripped up (left the legs in presumably building a new one)!

SSR looks beautiful on this video and it reminds me of what a great resort it is for runners, we also tag on the canal run between OKW. Can’t be beat.

Edited at 10:43 AM.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 21, 01:19 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Mobile

Just to confirm with others, you can definitely get away with no car at SSR. It’s also the best (only?) Disney hotel to get to ‘offsite’ on foot
Old 24 Jan 21, 01:21 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
I posted this up the other day but had it on whilst on my treadmill yesterday (Mrs YT and I always like running in WDW) and interestingly it was just done and you can see the bridge and pool refurb - it’s quite a way in. They have the slide in scaffold and I am not even sure if the bridge is there. 22 mins in- you see the bridge has been entirely ripped up (left the legs in presumably building a new one)!

SSR looks beautiful on this video and it reminds me of what a great resort it is for runners, we also tag on the canal run between OKW. Can’t be beat.

Fabulous to run around, we had to do fourteen miles once and athough we had an element of looping and repeat it wasn’t too difficult to achieve !
Old 24 Jan 21, 10:26 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by KarenG View Post
Fabulous to run around, we had to do fourteen miles once and athough we had an element of looping and repeat it wasn’t too difficult to achieve !
Wow I could not run 14 miles. A 10k is about my limit.
Old 24 Jan 21, 11:28 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Mobile

Wow I could not run 14 miles. A 10k is about my limit.
We were tapering for Dopey 🤦

I’m not going to pretend it was all fun, but 10k is a perfect distance around SSR / OKW (though I don’t think you’re allowed through DTD nowadays which we used to love doing!)
Old 25 Jan 21, 06:55 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by KarenG View Post
We were tapering for Dopey 🤦

I’m not going to pretend it was all fun, but 10k is a perfect distance around SSR / OKW (though I don’t think you’re allowed through DTD nowadays which we used to love doing!)
I’m not sure what tapering is Karen but it sounds impressive.

My brother ran a half marathon on Strava the other day in about 1 hour 30 I noticed. I’m not jealous, he’s skinny and lacking muscle That’s what I try to tell myself anyway.
Old 8 Feb 21, 02:40 PM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Does anyone know how long the Paddock pool is going to be closed for? Also, what order are the buses in?

Thanks! 🙏
Old 8 Feb 21, 09:27 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

I’m not sure what tapering is Karen but it sounds impressive.

My brother ran a half marathon on Strava the other day in about 1 hour 30 I noticed. I’m not jealous, he’s skinny and lacking muscle That’s what I try to tell myself anyway.
1 hour 30 would be a dream for me 😂 😂

Nothing about my running is impressive, I just like to get the character shots

Edited at 09:29 PM.
KarenG is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 21, 09:15 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Good update here on the legal battle, and also the order in the original contract. Looks like it’s Grandstand being done next, then finally Carousel.

dvcfan/2021/02/19/refurb...-legal-battle/