Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 14 Dec 19, 11:35 PM  
Link to this Post
MickeyYay
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Blueste View Post
We are all pleased we didn't take your advice and ploughed on regardless Out of interest were you commenting out of experience?
I gave an opinion (as did others), didn’t profess to have any advice. My later post even said ‘good luck’. No point trying to provoke an argument. Come back to me when thedibb becomes an advice with hard facts only board
MickeyYay is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Dec 19, 12:01 AM  
Link to this Post
dx4100
Imagineer

Originally Posted by MickeyYay View Post
I gave an opinion (as did others), didn’t profess to have any advice. My later post even said ‘good luck’. No point trying to provoke an argument. Come back to me when thedibb becomes an advice with hard facts only board
When it comes to serous things like money and people's finances I think it's good to only comment if you have good sound advice to offer personally. It's not like opinionated stutt like if Flight of boredom is overrated or not lol
dx4100 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Dec 19, 12:22 AM  
Link to this Post
dx4100
Imagineer

Originally Posted by antheve View Post
This is the great thing about this blog. People learn and some win. I’m so pleased my opinion was to Follow DX 4100.
I am just really glad you all stuck to your guns and got the rewards.
dx4100 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Dec 19, 09:10 AM  
Link to this Post
Blueste
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by dx4100 View Post
There where a few saying you can't do it etc. Glad I pushed people to ignore them and carry on with the claims.

The banks very much do hide ≈≈≈≈ stuff. Buried deep in font size 2 T&Cs and even then I am pretty sure they don't spell it out.
In my case (Halifax) not only did they hide it but when I made a claim they said that they were not liable. I went to the FOS, the Ombudsmen took less than a week to come to the conclusion that Halifax were liable to pay my increased flight costs. They have wrote to the Halifax telling them they must re-reimburse me £600. Halifax have until 18/12/19 to respond
Blueste is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Dec 19, 09:30 AM  
Link to this Post
dx4100
Imagineer

Mobile

Well done you
Old 15 Dec 19, 05:31 PM  
Link to this Post
MickeyYay
Imagineer

When it comes to serous things like money and people's finances I think it's good to only comment if you have good sound advice to offer personally. It's not like opinionated stutt like if Flight of boredom is overrated or not lol
Thedibb, which is an open Disney forum, isn’t the place for gaining advice on ‘serious things like money and people’s finances’. So I’ll continue to post my opinions freely.
Old 15 Dec 19, 05:51 PM  
Link to this Post
dx4100
Imagineer

Thedibb, which is an open Disney forum, isn’t the place for gaining advice on ‘serious things like money and people’s finances’. So I’ll continue to post my opinions freely.
It’s not my forum... you can and will do as you please... and so you should... I was saying my personal approach.

I disagree on your second point. It is a place people come to gain advice on such serious things. This thread and the whole section proves it. Hence why I think twice before commenting on issues of money.
Old 15 Dec 19, 06:02 PM  
Link to this Post
MickeyYay
Imagineer

It’s not my forum... you can and will do as you please... and so you should... I was saying my personal approach.

I disagree on your second point. It is a place people come to gain advice on such serious things. This thread and the whole section proves it. Hence why I think twice before commenting on issues of money.
I am mindful what I post, hence my post in this thread was not a hard and fast ‘no, no way of that, absolutely not’. It simply was my opinion.
My personal approach is also to post respectfully and sensitively, and to be accepting of others opinions, even if they differ from my own. But that’s just my personal approach.
Old 15 Dec 19, 07:22 PM  
Link to this Post
emmafleur
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

I am mindful what I post, hence my post in this thread was not a hard and fast ‘no, no way of that, absolutely not’. It simply was my opinion.
My personal approach is also to post respectfully and sensitively, and to be accepting of others opinions, even if they differ from my own. But that’s just my personal approach.
I’m not being inflammatory but I just wonder why you thought people probably wouldn’t be able to get their money back?
emmafleur is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Dec 19, 07:36 PM  
Link to this Post
MickeyYay
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by emmafleur View Post
I’m not being inflammatory but I just wonder why you thought people probably wouldn’t be able to get their money back?
My response was 'unlikely I would think' in direct response to the wording of the original question of 'can I claim out of pocket expenses.' Just simply my generic understanding of 'claiming expenses'.. I didn't think the bank would see it as an out of pocket expense. Which reading other responses, seems I'm not alone. That's all. I didn't pretend to know the entire t and c's nor pretend to have any personal experience of this particular subject. But I gave an opinion based on the wording of 'expense' and if the banks would see it as an expense (which quite frankly it seems, no they don't want to see it as an expense but yes they do have to).
i absolutely am of the opinion, in these circumstances you should claim for all you can get. Better in your pocket than theirs!