Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 24 Nov 19, 09:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
Originally Posted by Winter View Post
I’m with Voxi as are both my teens. There doesn’t seem to be the option with Voxi to buy a chunk of data in advance to use in the USA. I don’t like the idea of running up unexpected charges but it would be useful to be able to Whats App each other around the parks or from hotel to park etc if we are not together.

What would you do?
As above, get a PAYG three SIM(s) for your trip.

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Nov 19, 09:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Winter
Gone all Goofy

Mobile

Is there something particularly good about the three sims?

There is, for example, a T-mobile sim for £22 on Amazon that gives unlimited data for 10 days in the USA. Would a three sim be better/cheaper?
Winter is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Nov 19, 09:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Hula Doola
Excited about Disney

I was planning to just use whats app for messaging and calls with wifi, and data on my plan if wifi is limited. We're staying on site and not expecting to make many calls. Would this work?
Old 24 Nov 19, 10:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Winter
Gone all Goofy

Mobile

I’d like to be able to leave our data on so we can send and receive what’s app. I am too nervous to do that unless I know it won’t cost me as I know apps/phones use data in the background and i am scared of unknown charges. So for me it has to be data off so phone only works on WiFi or I get a prepaid bundle of data.
Winter is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Nov 19, 01:06 AM  
Link to this Post
Hula Doola
Excited about Disney

I have set limit on data so can't go over my 'free' monthly bundle. So hopefully won't get any nasty surprises, and also hopefully WiFi will be good enough if we need occasional call to one another in park to meet up if we separate for different rides.
Old 25 Nov 19, 01:10 AM  
Link to this Post
Duwsh
Helping Minnie

I actually work for Three and they're so good for travelling, even just the PAYG sims are cheap enough especially if you don't use much data. I'd always just say go into a Three store to ask about anything as the staff are usually clued up and if you've got any problems they're more than willing to help.
March 21 - DLP
September 21 - WDW
Duwsh is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Nov 19, 01:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Disneysid
Getting Excited

Mobile

We are both with EE and wanted to add the US inclusive bundle on to our plans for the month that includes our holiday. I contacted them to add it for £10 like people here had done. I got told over the phone at 3 different customer service numbers and in 3 different shops that wasn’t actually an option. Apparently, it would be £25 per phone and had to be added for a minimum of 6 months! I tried telling them I knew it could be done for the £10 single month option but got repeatedly shot down.
We’ve actually ended up moving networks in part due to this. Here’s hoping I have no issues with O2.
Old 29 Nov 19, 11:49 PM  
Link to this Post
f1girly
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Winter View Post
Is there something particularly good about the three sims?

There is, for example, a T-mobile sim for £22 on Amazon that gives unlimited data for 10 days in the USA. Would a three sim be better/cheaper?
I've seen these as well and was wondering the same.
f1girly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Nov 19, 03:29 AM  
Link to this Post
chelynnah
VIP Dibber

chelynnah's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 4
I haven’t read the replies yet, but currently we have an international travel plan with our O2 package which has worked a treat on our last 3 trips to Canada and the US. Prior to that depending on the days of our trip we did the O2 daily travel plan (I can’t remember what it’s called) which cost us £4.99 per day. It didn’t work out too badly as there were many days we didn’t use it because we were attached to WiFi. For your length of trip I would go with 3 and their ‘feel at home 20’ or whatever that plan is called now. The drawback is you can’t use it to call or text US numbers, only UK, so I don’t know how that works with things like Uber etc. I last used it in FL in 2017 and had no issues with signal or data.
WDW several trips as a child; WDW 1993 on working vacation; DLP Sept 2003 - Newport Bay Hotel; WDW January 2007 - offsite HGVC Tuscany Suites; DLP Sept 2008 - DLH; WDW/US/BG January 2013 - offsite HGVC Tuscany Suites; WDW/US and MVMCP Nov 2015 - offsite townhouse; DLP Sept 2016 - Hotel B&B; WDW Feb 2017 - POFQ; DLP June 2017 - SL GF; DLP Sept 2017 - NPB CC; DLP Nov 2018 - SL; WDW Feb 2019 - WDW Princess Half POFQ; DLP Sept 2019 - SL & DLH;

Edited at 03:36 AM.
chelynnah is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Nov 19, 03:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

We are probably very different to most we both have 3 but we also have a phone with out TV internet cable package as it cheaper as we Now spend about 6 weeks every trip and the family use it as well but before we went to Walmart and bought a trax phone and just bought a
$40 SIM card and topped it up as needed
Package phone costs us around $10 a month but it's used 6/7 months a year of not more
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List