Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 29 Nov 19, 10:52 AM  
Link to this Post
Peko
Imagineer

Originally Posted by stanleycamel View Post
I have had this happen in MCO, MIA, DFW, LAX and SFO in the last few months.
Probably best to cut back on the sweets

It has indeed been happening at various US airports for a while now.
Peko is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Nov 19, 11:33 AM  
Link to this Post
darbs
Imagineer

We transited through jfk in october, they didn't mention anything about sweets but then my son's bag was taken to one side for further screening because of a bag of skittles!
darbs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Nov 19, 01:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

DH went home 2days before DS and his wife DH didn't have to take anything out his carry on they had to take verything including consumables
I think,it's very random I do keep every thing in zip lock bags like with like so easy to bring out if need be
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Nov 19, 02:23 PM  
Link to this Post
scooby99
Imagineer

Does seem random; TPA at the end of September were instructing all to take NOTHING out of carry on bags.
The instruction was do NOT take your laptops, Ipads, phones, food, or liquids out of your bag and do NOT remove shoes or belts or take coins & keys out of pockets ; leave them all in your bag and keep them on/in there.

Edited at 02:25 PM.
scooby99 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Nov 19, 02:44 PM  
Link to this Post
wanye
Imagineer

i'll make sure to remember to put my tide pods in the suitcase then... dont want my tasty snacks confiscating!
wanye is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Nov 19, 03:04 PM  
Link to this Post
grant_w
Imagineer

grant_w's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
We had this at MCO in September, all of my sweets, chips and even the leftover pasta pots we had in the villa had to be taken out and checked seperately
grant_w is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Nov 19, 07:20 PM  
Link to this Post
meggy
Imagineer

meggy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by scooby99 View Post
Does seem random; TPA at the end of September were instructing all to take NOTHING out of carry on bags.
The instruction was do NOT take your laptops, Ipads, phones, food, or liquids out of your bag and do NOT remove shoes or belts or take coins & keys out of pockets ; leave them all in your bag and keep them on/in there.
this was me mid November! I got prepared, liquids bag, phone, shoes that easily came off and no tissues in jeans pocket ( told off year before) and they kept shouting to keep everything in bag
meggy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Nov 19, 08:31 PM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

I'm aware some face consumables check when leaving Fl, our inbound security instance, afore our Ft Myers flight, was new to us... no removal of shoes/socks, and unconcerned about TENs pads on my back. Upon our May return, whilst usually TSA Pre✓, our sandwiches/consumables will be bagged and ready to hit a tray if needed
Old 29 Nov 19, 08:38 PM  
Link to this Post

Thanks for the heads up. Will need to make sure kids comply. Knowing my luck they won't and the nice doggy will come for a visit. Happened before. Marmite mini pot borrowed from the PI breakfast bar which had fallen into a forgotten pocket.

Luckily I had declared Marmite because of being pulled over for secondary screening in the past for bringing "Bovril" in. Nope, same jar style different product !
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Nov 19, 10:13 PM  
Link to this Post
sbchannel
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

JFK made us do this in 2017. We had 2 hand luggage sized cases RAMMED with M&Ms, pretzels, Jolly Ranchers, Oreos... probably about 10kg in each case. It ALL had to come out 😂
sbchannel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List