Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 25 Dec 19, 10:06 AM  
Link to this Post
TheHughesCrew
Imagineer

Calling the airlines today!

I’ve just spoken to both BA and Iberia. Got through in no time, phones were answered almost immediately!

(Iberia are still useless, and our booked and paid for seats are showing as available... but that’s another story )
TheHughesCrew is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Dec 19, 10:08 AM  
Link to this Post
stanleycamel
VIP Dibber

stanleycamel's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by TheHughesCrew View Post
I’ve just spoken to both BA and Iberia. Got through in no time, phones were answered almost immediately!

(Iberia are still useless, and our booked and paid for seats are showing as available... but that’s another story )
Well I hope you wished the agents a Merry Christmas.

Edited at 01:00 PM.
stanleycamel is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Dec 19, 12:23 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Seriously ! Your countdown says 222 days !
Speaking as someone who has worked Christmas Day in travel , (and in my current industry had to book annual leave or work today) my personal feeling is not to call on days where skeleton staff are in with anything non urgent as the airlines will all calculate staffing levels based on the previous year’s Christmas .
It’s a bit like not shopping on Boxing Day for me, it impacts on other people’s future Christmases so is to be avoided on this day of goodwill to all.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Dec 19, 12:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Mazascouser
Apprentice Imagineer

Mazascouser's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Agree with Duchy, emergencies only today.
Mazascouser is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Dec 19, 01:29 PM  
Link to this Post
TheHughesCrew
Imagineer

Mobile

Apologies to those who feel I've done wrong . I'm a nurse, so know all about working on Christmas Day...

I've got a problem with our booking, only discovered today, so thought I'd give them a try.
TheHughesCrew is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Dec 19, 01:30 PM  
Link to this Post
TheHughesCrew
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by stanleycamel View Post
Well I hope you wished the agents a Merry Christmas.
Yes if course, and had a lovely little chat with both agents...
Old 25 Dec 19, 01:44 PM  
Link to this Post
3disneykids
Imagineer

I used to work in retail and I remember several boxing days where we had nothing to do but a deep clean...I assumed with the fast response time that they were probably there waiting for calls...I didn't think about the fact of using it as an emergency line. I think some of the comments have been a little harsh tbh ...Glad you got your problem sorted xx
3disneykids is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Dec 19, 02:09 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by 3disneykids View Post
I used to work in retail and I remember several boxing days where we had nothing to do but a deep clean...I assumed with the fast response time that they were probably there waiting for calls...I didn't think about the fact of using it as an emergency line. I think some of the comments have been a little harsh tbh ...Glad you got your problem sorted xx
I can’t imagine any retail store doing a deep clean on one of the busiest trading days of the year so presumably your experience is pre Boxing Day trading ?
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Dec 19, 02:16 PM  
Link to this Post
3disneykids
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by duchy View Post
I can’t imagine any retail store doing a deep clean on one of the busiest trading days of the year so presumably your experience is pre Boxing Day trading ?
We are going back over 10 years when shops didn't open on boxing day. Although in more recent years I found the latter part of boxing day is usually quieter as people tend to do their shopping earlier. It's nice that we can pass info on to others about personal work experiences we have had

Either way the call handlers had a nice conversation with you OP which they didn't have to have if they were very busy x
3disneykids is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Dec 19, 02:18 PM  
Link to this Post
3disneykids
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by 3disneykids View Post
We are going back over 10 years when shops didn't open on boxing day. Although in more recent years I found the latter part of boxing day is usually quieter as people tend to do their shopping earlier. It's nice that we can pass info on to others about personal work experiences we have had

Either way the call handlers had a nice conversation with you OP which they didn't have to have if they were very busy x
I just wanted to add also that as someone who has suffered from anxiety it may be a little more urgent to me to sort something like this quickly so we should really judge people's motives x