Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 4 Dec 19, 11:43 AM  
Link to this Post
shawny122
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by chelynnah View Post
Excellent price. No I think you’d struggle to find lower. And in the week I watched the prices before it was time to book mine, some days they went up within an hour, other days they held for the better part of the day, so I still think you did the right thing waiting up. Sod’s law they’d have doubled one way if you waited.

Sounds like we’ll be there at a similar time
Yes it does it’s our first time getting to experience all the Christmas stuff there so I’m very excited for this trip!
shawny122 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 19, 04:15 AM  
Link to this Post
chelynnah
VIP Dibber

chelynnah's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 4
It’s so magical. Check out the resorts for their decorations as well, we were there 4 years ago for 2 weeks early November. Planned to do one Christmas party, but did 2. There’s nothing like Disney at Christmas. It feels forever away, but it’ll be here before you know it. Have an awesome holiday.
WDW several trips as a child; WDW 1993 on working vacation; DLP Sept 2003 - Newport Bay Hotel; WDW January 2007 - offsite HGVC Tuscany Suites; DLP Sept 2008 - DLH; WDW/US/BG January 2013 - offsite HGVC Tuscany Suites; WDW/US and MVMCP Nov 2015 - offsite townhouse; DLP Sept 2016 - Hotel B&B; WDW Feb 2017 - POFQ; DLP June 2017 - SL GF; DLP Sept 2017 - NPB CC; DLP Nov 2018 - SL; WDW Feb 2019 - WDW Princess Half POFQ; DLP Sept 2019 - SL & DLH;
chelynnah is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 19, 05:25 PM  
Link to this Post
shawny122
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by chelynnah View Post
It’s so magical. Check out the resorts for their decorations as well, we were there 4 years ago for 2 weeks early November. Planned to do one Christmas party, but did 2. There’s nothing like Disney at Christmas. It feels forever away, but it’ll be here before you know it. Have an awesome holiday.
Sounds so magical! Thank you have an amazing holiday too
shawny122 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Dec 19, 03:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Jokeybhoy
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Sorry for jumping into your thread.I've seen fights with BA for £500pp for first 2 weeks in Oct next year.I've always said I would book at that price but I'm now wondering if they are likely to drop in the BA sale if it happens.The flights are Glasgow via Gatwick.
Jokeybhoy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Dec 19, 03:04 AM  
Link to this Post
chelynnah
VIP Dibber

chelynnah's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 4
Originally Posted by Jokeybhoy View Post
Sorry for jumping into your thread.I've seen fights with BA for £500pp for first 2 weeks in Oct next year.I've always said I would book at that price but I'm now wondering if they are likely to drop in the BA sale if it happens.The flights are Glasgow via Gatwick.
I’ve just found flights around £420, one with a change in Miami, but they were starting in Gatwick. I suspect if you’re looking at £500pp from Glasgow that’s a pretty good price.

As others have aid in other threads, set a price you’re happy with and take it when you see it. You’ll kick yourself later if you don’t and it goes up. I can’t imagine it going significantly lower than that. But obviously you have to do what you think is best.
WDW several trips as a child; WDW 1993 on working vacation; DLP Sept 2003 - Newport Bay Hotel; WDW January 2007 - offsite HGVC Tuscany Suites; DLP Sept 2008 - DLH; WDW/US/BG January 2013 - offsite HGVC Tuscany Suites; WDW/US and MVMCP Nov 2015 - offsite townhouse; DLP Sept 2016 - Hotel B&B; WDW Feb 2017 - POFQ; DLP June 2017 - SL GF; DLP Sept 2017 - NPB CC; DLP Nov 2018 - SL; WDW Feb 2019 - WDW Princess Half POFQ; DLP Sept 2019 - SL & DLH;
chelynnah is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Dec 19, 09:02 AM  
Link to this Post
bighal
Imagineer

Mobile

Is that with a car? Our bench mark for 4 adults with a car from Glasgow is about £500 each for a 2 week trip.The problem you may find is that the GLA- LGW leg can end up costing more even if the LGW-MCO leg is cheaper making the overall cost not much cheaper in any sale.

Next Trip Feb '24
Jun98 Apr99 Dec99 Apr00 Mar03 Jun/Jul04 Dec/Jan05/06 Jul06 Dec06 Jun/Jul08 Jun/Jul09 Jul/Aug11 Sep13 Jun/Jul14 Nov15 Sep16 Villa/BWV May18 Villa/BLT/AKL Sept19 Villa/AKL Feb/Mar20 AKL/SSR Sep22 AKL Apr/May 23 CS/CC/AKL Nov 23 SSR Feb/Mar 24 RR/BR
bighal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Dec 19, 11:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Jokeybhoy
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by bighal View Post
Is that with a car? Our bench mark for 4 adults with a car from Glasgow is about £500 each for a 2 week trip.The problem you may find is that the GLA- LGW leg can end up costing more even if the LGW-MCO leg is cheaper making the overall cost not much cheaper in any sale.
That price is just flights.I checked the flights without the glasgow - Gatwick leg and it's only £200 cheaper.
Jokeybhoy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Dec 19, 05:48 AM  
Link to this Post
bighal
Imagineer

Mobile

That price is just flights.I checked the flights without the glasgow - Gatwick leg and it's only £200 cheaper.
Do you need a car? If so you will probably find if cheaper overall to book a fly drive.with BA.

With the price not being much cheaper I was talking about when a sale is on as this is what we have found before.

Next Trip Feb '24
Jun98 Apr99 Dec99 Apr00 Mar03 Jun/Jul04 Dec/Jan05/06 Jul06 Dec06 Jun/Jul08 Jun/Jul09 Jul/Aug11 Sep13 Jun/Jul14 Nov15 Sep16 Villa/BWV May18 Villa/BLT/AKL Sept19 Villa/AKL Feb/Mar20 AKL/SSR Sep22 AKL Apr/May 23 CS/CC/AKL Nov 23 SSR Feb/Mar 24 RR/BR
bighal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List