Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 3 Dec 19, 06:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
This was on the last mnsshp night , you could not shift and yes it was dangerous. The cms just gave up trying .

It’s bad when you cannot move at a paid for event imo. And yes boy did I come across some bad Disney service this time. Things that should have easily been resolved quickly and Efficiently being handled poorly .
As I said to the manager who sat with me , you really need to listen to what people are saying and fix the problems , throwing money at people isn’t the answer , although some people are happy with that. I’m still upset my holiday was marred big time and money cannot fix that at all.
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Dec 19, 07:23 PM  
Link to this Post
arielrocks
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by 2point View Post
What is Disney supposed to do?

If they decrease the prices and don't chase the profit the parks will be even busier.

If they increase the prices to restrict demand they will be accused of profiteering. You onl have to look at the comments about the extra hours events to see the moaning and hand wringing.

What's the solution? Onsite guest only? Onsite guests priority and limited entry to offsite? Be careful what you wish for.
How about go back to increasing ride capacities to reduce ride times, leaving less people hanging around. They have been very shrewd in the last few years about running the rides with lower capacity and thus needing fewer staff to maintain. They’ve cut their cloth and reaped the rewards with increased ticket prices and parking costs.
arielrocks is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Dec 19, 07:31 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Mexy02 View Post
This was on the last mnsshp night , you could not shift and yes it was dangerous. The cms just gave up trying .
We were there on two random dates in September and it was a bit like this. We will not go to the Halloween party again and have ruled out the Christmas party as I think it would be similar. We would do an After Hours again, they are very different.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Dec 19, 08:16 PM  
Link to this Post

come on folks

Parties have always been rammed, we normally do the 28th or 29th and the 31st of Oct MNSSHP, they always sell out and are always rammed, this isnt a new thing

of course the answer if you dont like it is just dont go, but while the good times and happening with the US ( and S american ) economy , then someone else will just fill your space
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Dec 19, 08:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Bianca
Imagineer

Originally Posted by arielrocks View Post
How about go back to increasing ride capacities to reduce ride times, leaving less people hanging around. They have been very shrewd in the last few years about running the rides with lower capacity and thus needing fewer staff to maintain. They’ve cut their cloth and reaped the rewards with increased ticket prices and parking costs.
Well said.

“I cannot discover that anyone knows enough to say definitely what is and what is not possible", Henry Ford

Contemporary Resort - Disneyland Hotel - Treehouse Villas - Vistana - Youth Hostel Anaheim - Quality Inn Intern'l Dr - Port Orleans Riverside
Bianca is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Dec 19, 08:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
We next go in May 2020. I am wondering if I should book the MNSSHP for then as I'm sure it starts earlier next year.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Dec 19, 08:40 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

From reading Benny's comments I have to say, I am appalled. It seems if I read this correctly, that these party nights are causing excess strain on the parks elsewhere. Additionally, the party nights themselves are packed.

If correct, this is pure greed.

I have never been impacted as have in many years just gone in summer when there are no party nights. Looks like I may experience this first hand though in 2 weeks.

I noticed they closed the park nearly every day early this week. Mostly party nights, but also a CM night. Whilst it is great they have a CM night, cynically this is giving your staff an Xmas party at virtually no cost - the people paying for it are the guests who get no discount on the day tickets- very clever Disney.

How about offering discounts or some freebies to guests impacted by them selling out the parks twice a day through greed?
Old 3 Dec 19, 08:42 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
I have never been to a party before and I have never been to Disney before at either Halloween or Christmas. Many people are first time party goers, such as us. This was marketed to us as a select, limited ticket event. This was a lie. As I have never seen MK more crowded.
Thanks for the heads up Claudette, I will never fall for this thanks to your advices.
Old 3 Dec 19, 09:12 PM  
Link to this Post
princess allie
VIP Dibber

I can’t comment on crowd levels being massive as we always go last 2 weeks of August and it’s always manageable then. But I have never really found any grumpy cast members. Some are really ott friendly and others not so, but only once have we come across a cm who was downright rude. I did complain about her at guest services as she was so obnoxious. We don’t normally go to Universal, as I don’t love it like I do Disney, but we have visited for the past 2 summers. I found the staff to be ok, but nothing out of the ordinary in our experience. I do wonder if Universal, SeaWorld etc are quieter because they just aren’t as popular as Disney? When we go in February, we are only visiting SeaWorld as we can’t justify the cost of the 7 day Disney ticket, so I guess Disney are keeping their numbers down in some way, by having their tickets priced at a high rate (even though us uk guests get in much cheaper than others).

1998 Villa in Kissimmee 2009 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2011 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2014 Villa Lake Berkeley 2016 Villa Bass Lakes 2017 Villa on Solana and Vero Beach 2018 Villa on Highlands Reserve and St Pete Beach 2019 SLC, Cabana Bay, Highlands Reserve & Coronado Springs, 2020 Feb half term villa chilling. 2022 villa on Calabay Park and a trip Clearwater beach. 2023 Orlando and Clearwater
princess allie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Dec 19, 09:29 PM  
Link to this Post
daisymae
Imagineer

We went to MNSSHP as this was the only Disney park we were doing. We decided to book a night at Pop as we had never stayed on property before. I was so disappointed with the service at check in and food court. The cm who checked us in could of given Ros from Monsters inc a run for her money in the pleasantries stakes. We were told our room would be ready in an hour, we didn’t find out our room number until 11pm that night. After queuing to get into the party our magic bands wouldn’t work the cm said he could see them but he wouldn’t let us in, and he wasn’t exactly apologetic about it, I would say he was rather dismissive towards us in his tone, we had to queue another half hour at guest services to give us more tickets and get them working on our magic bands. Personally I wouldn’t be in a hurry to go back although we’ve always had a great time, perhaps our love for it has just waned.
daisymae is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List