Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 4 Dec 19, 07:18 PM  
Link to this Post
loopylaura
Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by lydscl View Post
We were booked into Endless summer as we got a great price for the 2 room suite but i couldnt help but feel a pull back to the onsites. i've only ever done rpr and sapphire falls. i know you don't get express with SF but to me it's my favourite resort on property so we moved over to there. it's chilled out. the aesthetic really appeals to us and works throughout the whole resort, you get the water taxi as well sitting out on the decking on a busy saturday night watching the world go by was just perfection.
This is us as well! We have stayed at HRH, RPR, SF and last time Aventura to try it... Sapphire Falls all the way! Love the rooms and pool so will definitely be back there for us. We are able to travel out of school holidays so the lack of Express Pass isn't an issue.
loopylaura is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Dec 19, 08:35 PM  
Link to this Post
dx4100
Imagineer

I would recommend the Hard Rock - specially club level...

Probably my fave hotel in the world
dx4100 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 19, 02:24 PM  
Link to this Post
CrumpThree
Trying for More Ears

Quick question regarding club level at Hard Rock:

Is there an empty fridge in the room for putting drinks, etc from the lounge/shops or is it just the usual mini bar where you pay if you move anything?

Thanks.
CrumpThree is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 19, 02:39 PM  
Link to this Post
dx4100
Imagineer

Originally Posted by CrumpThree View Post
Quick question regarding club level at Hard Rock:

Is there an empty fridge in the room for putting drinks, etc from the lounge/shops or is it just the usual mini bar where you pay if you move anything?

Thanks.
There is a fridge So grab tons of stuff from the club lounge and stick it in your fridge

We often went into the club lounge every time we passed to grab more water, soft drinks and beers (only certain times of days for the alcohol). More than paid for the upgrade
dx4100 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 19, 02:42 PM  
Link to this Post
dreamisawish
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by dx4100 View Post
There is a fridge So grab tons of stuff from the club lounge and stick it in your fridge

We often went into the club lounge every time we passed to grab more water, soft drinks and beers (only certain times of days for the alcohol). More than paid for the upgrade
Is it the same for portofino? Both for club and non club? Looking at club rooms but I’m not sure it’ll be worth it for us sadly as we are fine with cheap breakfasts and have a few restaurants planned offsite.

Upgrading to portofino from endless summer will already have been a big jump!

Edited at 02:45 PM.
dreamisawish is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 19, 02:52 PM  
Link to this Post
dx4100
Imagineer

Originally Posted by dreamisawish View Post
Is it the same for portofino? Both for club and non club? Looking at club rooms but I’m not sure it’ll be worth it for us sadly as we are fine with cheap breakfasts and have a few restaurants planned offsite.

Upgrading to portofino from endless summer will already have been a big jump!
I have only stayed at the Hard Rock sorry.
Old 5 Dec 19, 03:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Inky
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

RPR is gorgeous, staff lovely, pool good, short walk to parks , dining very good, bus to Volcano Bay, stayed there twice and going next year, express pass worth it, would definitely recommend.
Inky is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 19, 04:36 PM  
Link to this Post
dreamisawish
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Ok so I had a look on our employee website today, I get a pretty good discount on both RPR and Portofino, portofino still works out as about £200 more. I’m just weighing whether £200 is worth it for aesthetics I like more, after all express pass is the biggest draw. But I still have to say, I really dislike those decals on the walls of the bedrooms in RPR which is what is really swaying me to portofino. I love the look of the rest of RPR though.

(Also it’s the only universal hotel I was really interested in but was way too expensive last visit, makes me want to just say you only live once and book it!)

Thanks for everyone’s help! I have some time to consider now.

Anymore advice is appreciated though!

DLP | June 2015 | Dec 2016 | Sept 2017 | Oct 2017 | Nov 2018

WDW | April 2009 | Feb 2019
dreamisawish is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 19, 04:54 PM  
Link to this Post

Is the extra £200 for a week? If so, it is not a bad price for the extra quality of Portofino.

But I would not let what is on the wall feature too much in my hotel decision making process. I don’t even recall what was on the wall at RPR, certainly nothing that made us pass comment. We thought the room was nice and certainly as good as any other onsite deluxe hotel we have stayed in.

I still think I would pick RPR / HRH for the better location. Not that Portofino is a bad location.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 19, 05:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Clare
Imagineer

Clare's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 6

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 17
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Portofino is undergoing a refurb, tbh I never liked the big flowers on RPR’s bedroom wall and preferred PB, but having seen a video of a new room at PB ... let’s just as I’m preferring the RPR rooms.

New PB rooms appears harsher than before, more masculine and the carpet reminds me of something my cats used to do on the carpet. Such a shame but I still love PB.
Clare is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List