Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 6 Dec 19, 09:19 AM  
Link to this Post
toots82
VIP Dibber

New fitbit versa lite or 2nd hand apple series 2?

Hi

Looking for any advice on the above? It's for my 12 year old so shes not getting a new apple watch. Looking to spend max £130ish so can get 2nd hand apple series 2 or a new fitbit versa lite. She has an apple phone.

Shes looking for it as a watch and fitness tracker. She does swim but probably wouldnt wear it for training anyway.

Silly thing to add but shes got teeny wee wrists so I guess if going for apple we should go for the 38?
toots82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Dec 19, 09:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Loftus
Imagineer

I have the Versa Lite and it does what I need it to do. I would say though that if she has an Apple hone go with the Apple watch as the connectivity would probably be better. I think there are issues with notifications between an iPhone and the Versa Lite.
Loftus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Dec 19, 09:26 AM  
Link to this Post
toots82
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Loftus View Post
I have the Versa Lite and it does what I need it to do. I would say though that if she has an Apple hone go with the Apple watch as the connectivity would probably be better. I think there are issues with notifications between an iPhone and the Versa Lite.
Thank you. This is exactly the kind of info I need x
toots82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Dec 19, 06:23 PM  
Link to this Post
americangal
Apprentice Imagineer

If she had a iPhone def go with the Apple Watch. Connectivity is better.

Have you thought about the series 3 which is not much more brand new.

currys/gbuk/smart-...86192-pdt.html
americangal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Dec 19, 06:42 PM  
Link to this Post
hideinpockets
Apprentice Imagineer

hideinpockets's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

I’d also go for the Apple Watch if she has an iPhone! I have the newest one and love it!
hideinpockets is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Dec 19, 09:33 AM  
Link to this Post
toots82
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Thank you. Weve decided definitely to go for the apple watch. Spending around 100 brings her to equal with her brother, I'm tempted to buy her the new one but then I'd need to even it up with him lol. I'm thinking 2nd hand series 2 and if she uses a lot we could upgrade her next year
Old 7 Dec 19, 09:45 AM  
Link to this Post
zoemoo
Apprentice Imagineer

zoemoo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 13
I love the Fitbit app, but the kit itself is of terrible quality. I’ve complained about every item I’ve had. There has been a problem either with the strap the screen cracking in heat (not great with Florida weather) or the charging dock coming away from the watch?! The last time I was offered a 25% voucher as it had been going on that long my guarantee had expired. With the discount I’d have been ‘investing’ a further £100 so, I’ve switched to a series 3 Apple Watch. It’s good so far. The battery is a bit annoying in terms of life, but they are good quality and I’ve no issues with connectivity.
I’m not a total convert as yet as I miss the Fitbit app, but I like it...
Old 7 Dec 19, 10:02 AM  
Link to this Post
Hooray4Disney
Imagineer

Hooray4Disney's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I also converted from Fitbit to Apple - my fitbits tended to last for a year, then experienced problems, with with chargers or battery time.
I’ve had my Apple Watch for a year and it runs exactly as it did a year ago. I think they are much better quality, and link well with an Apple phone.
2002 - Hampton Lakes, WDW. 2003 - Westridge Villas, WDW. 2005, 2008, 2011 Formosa Blvd, WDW. 2010, 2013 Hotel Cheyenne, DLP. 2014 OKW/Westridge, WDW. 2015 - NYC, DCA & Rotonda West. 2016 - Hotel Kyriad, DLP. 2016 - Toronto 2017 - OKW, Bahama Bay & The Keys 2018 - Vegas, Yellowstone, San Francisco, L.A. 2018 DLP - Hotel B&B 2019 - Lake Berkeley, WDW. 2022 - Seattle/Hawaii
Hooray4Disney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Dec 19, 02:42 PM  
Link to this Post
5gotodisney
Excited about Disney

I’ve got an Apple Watch, which I love, the connectivity and functions are excellent, but I am really disappointed at how easily the screen scratches, unfortunately I got a small chip which I know how it occurred but also have a couple of scratches across the screen and no idea how I scratched it. It works absolutely fine, but, you do need to be careful re the screen scratching. Don’t know if some models are better than others re the scratches.
5gotodisney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Dec 19, 05:37 PM  
Link to this Post
toots82
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Thanks everyone
I believe you can get screen protectors which would be a good idea for her!