Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 7 Dec 19, 09:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

You couldn't pay me£135 to Iru Bru in any form even the smell is awful banned in our house till sombody invents stain remover that takes out the stuff
Bet they have drunk it when I've been away in Florida
It's up there with Root Beer in the awful stakes
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Dec 19, 09:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Minnie18
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Gryff View Post
You couldn't pay me£135 to Iru Bru in any form even the smell is awful banned in our house till sombody invents stain remover that takes out the stuff
Bet they have drunk it when I've been away in Florida
It's up there with Root Beer in the awful stakes
Helen, your the first person in my nearly 40 years to say they don't like Irn Bru 🤣😂

White wine or vanish removes it... trust me I've had it over cream carpets after house parties 😪

Hope you had a lovely time at your villa.
Minnie18 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Dec 19, 09:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Gabsnoot
Imagineer

There was a question on the Chase game show a while back asking what drink was banned from Trump’s Turnberry Golf Resort in Ayrshire. The answer was Irn Bru as it kept staining the carpets and furniture.

I’ve never had the joy of trying to remove an Irn Bru stain so can’t comment. I am partial to a wee bottle now and again though
Gabsnoot is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Dec 19, 09:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Do you actually think I'd waste white wine on a stain
I buya stain remover in Florida that takes it out but I'm sticking to the ban it's the smell if them indoors are drinking it makes me gag
I had a lovely time at the airport right now bagged an upgrade for $180 the extra bag fee would have been $94 so it really was ano brainer
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Dec 19, 09:57 PM  
Link to this Post
PPM
VIP Dibber

Great to seee the “full fat” version back. When they reduced the sugar, they killed off IRN BRU as a drink. It ended up c**p .
This can be seen by the large amounts being put on offer in supermarkets and still not selling.

But now Scotland’s best hangover cure is back
PPM is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Dec 19, 10:02 PM  
Link to this Post
willow
Imagineer

I’m originally from Glasgow and we have came up to visit my mum, managed to buy a couple bottles in Spar today. Highlight of my weekend

Indian Creek 2004,Radison 2005
Indian Creek 2007,Calabry Park 2009
Lake Wilson Preserve 2011,2013, 2015,2016,2017,2018, 2019,2020
willow is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Dec 19, 10:35 PM  
Link to this Post
bigseve
Imagineer

I got 4 bottles from Lidl on Wednesday, only £1.59 a bottle. Shared 1 with work colleagues and brought 3 home. Thought that it smelled amazing but didn’t really enjoy the taste as i’ve got used to Irn Bru Xtra now. My sensitive teeth were sore afterwards and i could feel the sugar them.

Thought DW & DS would love it but they didnt really. 2 full bottles left which i might keep for a while since they’re going for £20 a bottle online at the moment.
bigseve is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Dec 19, 12:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Sandraoh40
VIP Dibber

I got one today for my brother to give him when he is home soon. He’s the only person I know who drinks the full fat version. We drink the sugar free.
Sandraoh40 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Dec 19, 12:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Minnie18
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by bigseve View Post
I got 4 bottles from Lidl on Wednesday, only £1.59 a bottle. Shared 1 with work colleagues and brought 3 home. Thought that it smelled amazing but didn’t really enjoy the taste as i’ve got used to Irn Bru Xtra now. My sensitive teeth were sore afterwards and i could feel the sugar them.

Thought DW & DS would love it but they didnt really. 2 full bottles left which i might keep for a while since they’re going for £20 a bottle online at the moment.

£20 a bottle? and the rest. I've just had a client offer £600 for my bottle.
Minnie18 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Dec 19, 09:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Ellelledee
Imagineer

Add me to your list cos I think it's vile too! My son drinks it but I hated it when I had it as a child. He also likes Dr Pepper and I think that's vile too.
Ellelledee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List