Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 7 Dec 19, 09:14 PM  
Link to this Post
marco_79
Excited about Disney

Mobile Spending money DDP

Got some bad news that our annual bonus isn’t going to be great this year. We have been fortunate in that in previous years it has provided many good Florida holidays.

Anyway we have two weeks at Disney booked next summer. We have the full DDP and intend to spend the majority of our time at Disney. Never had DDP before.

We are 2a2c 10&14. How much spending money would you think we will need for the two weeks? What did you take in similar circumstances? TY
marco_79 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Dec 19, 09:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Tretinker
Very Serious Dibber

Hardly any to be honest! We spent nothing for the first 5 days onsite, not a bean. We went to the outlet because I was itching to shop but it really was only wants not needs. I think if we'd spent the whole time onsite we would easily manage with £500 but the children have their own money around £200.
I'm buying dh a droid and lightsabre for his 50th next year this will be £300 I think but this is an extravagance for a big birthday.

I would change up £1000 to be safe but I think that's plenty.
1st Trip - Sept/Oct 1997 *2nd Trip - Nov/Dec 2000, *3rd Trip - Oct/Nov 2005 *4th Trip - Mar/Apr 2016 5th Trip - Easter 2017 the year of the chicken pox *6th Trip - Aug 2019 a first time for summer *7th Trip - Aug 2020 And then there were 4 *1st DLP Trip December 2020
Tretinker is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Dec 19, 09:30 PM  
Link to this Post
3disneykids
Imagineer

Take into consideration the tip that you will have to pay on the TS meals...Otherwise unless you want to buy loads of souvenirs you will be fine.
3disneykids is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Dec 19, 09:35 PM  
Link to this Post
marco_79
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by Tretinker View Post
Hardly any to be honest! We spent nothing for the first 5 days onsite, not a bean. We went to the outlet because I was itching to shop but it really was only wants not needs. I think if we'd spent the whole time onsite we would easily manage with £500 but the children have their own money around £200.
I'm buying dh a droid and lightsabre for his 50th next year this will be £300 I think but this is an extravagance for a big birthday.

I would change up £1000 to be safe but I think that's plenty.
Thanks that’s great news. That takes about £2k off what I had budgeted originally but think I will take £1500 because we like wine with our evening meal and an odd beer or two. Still a 50% saving!
marco_79 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Dec 19, 09:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Tretinker
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by marco_79 View Post
Thanks that’s great news. That takes about £2k off what I had budgeted originally but think I will take £1500 because we like wine with our evening meal and an odd beer or two. Still a 50% saving!
You can get an alcoholic beverage with your meal. We did QSDP so no tips, I would order for example 4 adult meals all with a Bud and got a separate fountain beverage to maximise the plan.

On our first night I went to the hotel restaurant and order all our meals with bud light's for dh to have in the fridge as and when. 5 meals for 2 a 3c but all could have the beers because the children weren't actually stood there I guess.

Another tip, we had loads of credits left it was so hot we were not eating as much as we normally would so on our last day we went to DS and used the credits (127) for chocolate, goofy sweets, tins of mints that are shaped like characters (everyone's fav) and rice crispy treats to take home as gifts for everyone. It sounds cheap but actually everyone really appreciated them and have asked if we can bring back mints next year and goofy sweets in particular because you really can't get these things anywhere else. Oh those and bath and body works hand sanitiser which were 6 for $6 I think.
1st Trip - Sept/Oct 1997 *2nd Trip - Nov/Dec 2000, *3rd Trip - Oct/Nov 2005 *4th Trip - Mar/Apr 2016 5th Trip - Easter 2017 the year of the chicken pox *6th Trip - Aug 2019 a first time for summer *7th Trip - Aug 2020 And then there were 4 *1st DLP Trip December 2020

Edited at 09:55 PM.
Tretinker is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Dec 19, 10:02 PM  
Link to this Post
marco_79
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by Tretinker View Post
You can get an alcoholic beverage with your meal. We did QSDP so no tips, I would order for example 4 adult meals all with a Bud and got a separate fountain beverage to maximise the plan.

On our first night I went to the hotel restaurant and order all our meals with bud light's for dh to have in the fridge as and when. 5 meals for 2 a 3c but all could have the beers because the children weren't actually stood there I guess.

Another tip, we had loads of credits left it was so hot we were not eating as much as we normally would so on our last day we went to DS and used the credits (127) for chocolate, goofy sweets, tins of mints that are shaped like characters (everyone's fav) and rice crispy treats to take home as gifts for everyone. It sounds cheap but actually everyone really appreciated them and have asked if we can bring back mints next year and goofy sweets in particular because you really can't get these things anywhere else. Oh those and bath and body works hand sanitiser which were 6 for $6 I think.
These are great tips. I didn’t think we could order alcoholic drinks with the kids (adult) meals. Our two kids only drink water , nothing else apart from a very occasional Diet Coke!
Old 7 Dec 19, 10:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Tretinker
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by marco_79 View Post
These are great tips. I didn’t think we could order alcoholic drinks with the kids (adult) meals. Our two kids only drink water , nothing else apart from a very occasional Diet Coke!
Mine too so we quite often found this a bit of a waste for us and not many swap drink for a dessert, I don't drink and dh was driving otherwise we'd have used this to a better advantage. Because the credits don't go on a per person once booked they are just X amount of credits you could be using all yours so long as the children aren't stood with you
Old 8 Dec 19, 01:32 AM  
Link to this Post
LauraEx
Helping Mickey

Mobile

Our tips & 2 additional alcoholic beverages a day (we adults had 2 beers with a nighttime sit down meal so 1 each free and 1 each paid for) on DDP (2ad 2ch) were around £50-75 a day depending on the restaurant.
LauraEx is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Dec 19, 01:06 PM  
Link to this Post
danisleigh
Imagineer

danisleigh's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Last time we had the ddp in 2017 we did a 7 night stay and spent around $500 which was souvenirs and some alcoholic drinks...the $200 gift card just covered the gratuities for the 3 of us.
Apr 98..Quality Inn, Dec 2004...hotel Cheyenne, may 2006...Emerald Island, Mar 2013..Regal Palms / AKL / Rosen Inn / HRH, Oct 14..Cypress Pointe, July 2016 Newport bay club, Aug 2016 magic med cruise, Aug 2017 SSR/Rosen pointe/HRH, Aug 19 Northern Europe Disney magic, Dec 2019...Sequoia Lodge, Xmas 2021 Rosen Plaza/HRH, May 2022 POFQ/HRH, May 2023 Disneyland LA.
danisleigh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Dec 19, 11:21 AM  
Link to this Post
disneymummy
VIP Dibber

disneymummy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Also if you booked with Disney and have the gift card, this can be used towards tips at restaurants. We don’t take a lot a of spending money on the dining plan, it just depends on whether you like to shop or not.

Please stand clear of the doors, por favor mantenganse alejado de las puertas

I Drive 1990, 1992, 1993, 1998, 2000, 2004
POFQ 2007, 2012, 2015 & 2020
Old Key West 2014.
Yacht Club August 2017 & 2022
Walt Disney Dolphin 2024

New York 2000, Las Vegas 2003
disneymummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List