Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 7 Dec 19, 09:14 PM  
Link to this Post
djewkes
VIP Dibber

Excessive packaging...

I thought that I’d read somewhere that Amazon was committed to reducing packaging... last week I had a very cheap unboxed (just in a plastic bag) watch delivered... in a box about 12 inch x 18 inch by 4 inch, and packed in brown paper...
This week I had an air fryer delivered... no kidding the box was huge, about the size that you would expect a washer or dishwasher to be delivered in, inside this was loads of brown paper and another cardboard box, inside that was yet another containing the air fryer and polystyrene packaging... it was like a Russian doll unpacking it, and now a trip to the tip with all the packaging... the airfryer was bought direct from the company as it was a fair bit cheaper than the same one on amazon but the outside box had the amazon logo on it...

May 2012 3 weeks Highgate villa, RPR & Barefoot Beach Resort
May 2010 2 weeks The Point Orlando Resort & Clearwater
djewkes is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Dec 19, 09:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

Usually, Amazon use the biggest box for the smallest item I have always found. Apart from last week, it would seem, when I ordered a present from “Santa” and it turned up totally unboxed. Luckily, I was able to intercept it and hide it. The irony was the message from Alexa who told me that during the lead up to Christmas (it didn’t say Christmas-can’t remember the exact wording) she wouldn’t announce what the package was.
Rac20 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Dec 19, 09:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

I can't stand allthe excess parcking
I do repurpose the brown paper though GKs and me use it for painting
Doing crafts etc
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Dec 19, 09:55 PM  
Link to this Post
floridasgirl
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Rac20 View Post
Usually, Amazon use the biggest box for the smallest item I have always found. Apart from last week, it would seem, when I ordered a present from “Santa” and it turned up totally unboxed. Luckily, I was able to intercept it and hide it. The irony was the message from Alexa who told me that during the lead up to Christmas (it didn’t say Christmas-can’t remember the exact wording) she wouldn’t announce what the package was.
My friend nearly got in trouble last week when Alexa announced a package was due for delivery! She had to try and shut her up quick as her little boy was around!
Christmas/New Year 1999/2000 Indian Ridge Villa, May 2001 Fort Lauderdale /I Drive/Port Charlotte/Key West/Miami, May 2005 Westhaven Villa, April 2006 Rotunda Villa/Highlands Reserve Villa, June 2007 Sanibel Villa/Grand Cypress Villas, Christmas/New Year 2010/2011 Lake Wilson Preserve Villa, July/Aug 2012 reunion resort villa, Nov 2012 new York new York!
floridasgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Dec 19, 10:07 PM  
Link to this Post
snowbelle
Imagineer

Mobile

Amazon packaging is absolutely disgraceful the amount of waste it produces
Saying that I had an order from Boots last week with as much wasted packaging they even sent two boxes when the whole order could easily have fitted in one .
snowbelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Dec 19, 10:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
With both our children feeding of my Prime account and us buying for ourselves and the Grandchildren we hammer Amazon

Years ago I found the excess packaging nuts but in recent years not so much so I must say.

I wonder if it’s different geographical locations that have different packaging styles?

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Dec 19, 10:40 PM  
Link to this Post
mskitty
Imagineer

Mobile

smoothradio/news/qui...uge-packaging/

This explains it all!
mskitty is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Dec 19, 11:06 PM  
Link to this Post
TheHughesCrew
Imagineer

We recently went on a tour of our local (largest in Europe) Amazon Fulfilment Centre. Yes, that's really a thing! Utterly fascinating. And one of the things they told us was that they pick boxes using an algorithm which includes how much packaging something needs to keep it safe if it were to be dropped numerous times from a great height. So, the heavier the item, the bigger the packaging as it needs more cushioning to protect it.
TheHughesCrew is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Dec 19, 11:10 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Mobile

My Alexa holder arrived in a large style jiffy bag envelope. It had Amazon written all over it though so not really reusable, but an improvement on all the boxes.
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Dec 19, 11:22 PM  
Link to this Post
djewkes
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by EssexSue View Post
My Alexa holder arrived in a large style jiffy bag envelope. It had Amazon written all over it though so not really reusable, but an improvement on all the boxes.
I’ve had a few of those and I prefer them too ...

May 2012 3 weeks Highgate villa, RPR & Barefoot Beach Resort
May 2010 2 weeks The Point Orlando Resort & Clearwater
djewkes is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List