Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 14 Jan 20, 12:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Lindy15
Excited about Disney

Mobile AKL room location preference

Were DVC members and looking to book AKL for this August. (Fingers crossed availability!) .. but I'm confused with the two different areas, it looks like I can book either Jambo house or Kidani village using my points but does anyone recommend a preference and if so, which room area or requests for buildings would you suggest. Were looking at booking a Savannah view studio room.
Thanks in advance 😊
Lindy15 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 20, 01:11 PM  
Link to this Post
amy56
VIP Dibber

We own at AKV and have stayed at both - for savannah view we loved Kidani, although for standard view we much prefer Jambo.

Kidani is a smaller resort with a more intimate feel, and Jambo is the main lodge and sees a lot more traffic. It has a bigger pool (although kidani has a nice water play area for children) and Jambo also has the quick service food place.

I personally much prefer Jambo (just because I prefer the main lodge, I like to book the value rooms which are only available there (but they are very hard to get these days) and I prefer their standard views as you are more likely to be looking at the pool, whereas in kidani you could get a naff view!) - but as I say, for savannah view, kidani was terrific.

I don’t think you’ll go wrong whichever you choose for savannah view - it’s more down to which building you prefer and that is purely personal preference. My DH prefers kidani - he likes the pool better there and the parking underneath the building.

You can always walk easily between the two, so nothing to stop you experiencing the pools etc of both 👍

Edited at 01:13 PM.
amy56 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 20, 02:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Lindy15
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by amy56 View Post
We own at AKV and have stayed at both - for savannah view we loved Kidani, although for standard view we much prefer Jambo.

Kidani is a smaller resort with a more intimate feel, and Jambo is the main lodge and sees a lot more traffic. It has a bigger pool (although kidani has a nice water play area for children) and Jambo also has the quick service food place.

I personally much prefer Jambo (just because I prefer the main lodge, I like to book the value rooms which are only available there (but they are very hard to get these days) and I prefer their standard views as you are more likely to be looking at the pool, whereas in kidani you could get a naff view!) - but as I say, for savannah view, kidani was terrific.

I don’t think you’ll go wrong whichever you choose for savannah view - it’s more down to which building you prefer and that is purely personal preference. My DH prefers kidani - he likes the pool better there and the parking underneath the building.

You can always walk easily between the two, so nothing to stop you experiencing the pools etc of both 👍
Thankyou for great feedback and your experience, I'm thinking more now of Jambo as it's the main lodge, I wasnt sure. If we book Savannah view, do you know of any areas that would be good to request, as In closer to lobby etc? Thanks so much 👍
Lindy15 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 20, 03:53 PM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

Amy has summed them up really well.
I couldn't say which I prefer, we've stayed at both several times and I love both of them, Kidani for the quiet more intimate feeling and Jambo for the bigger hotel feel, both good, just different. The Jambo lobby is stunning.

You won't go wrong with either.

I rarely request a room so can't comment on areas, we've always been very happy with our savannah views, spent many an hour watching the giraffes and drinking coffee - perfect

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 20, 04:18 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Mobile

I went with Kidani for 1 beds as larger with 2 baths, but for studios I’d go for Jambo also.
Old 14 Jan 20, 05:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Lindy15
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
I went with Kidani for 1 beds as larger with 2 baths, but for studios I’d go for Jambo also.
Thankyou, think if availability is there when I call up on Friday then well go with that one!
Old 14 Jan 20, 05:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Lindy15
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by PoohBears#1fan View Post
Amy has summed them up really well.
I couldn't say which I prefer, we've stayed at both several times and I love both of them, Kidani for the quiet more intimate feeling and Jambo for the bigger hotel feel, both good, just different. The Jambo lobby is stunning.

You won't go wrong with either.

I rarely request a room so can't comment on areas, we've always been very happy with our savannah views, spent many an hour watching the giraffes and drinking coffee - perfect
Sounds fabulous, thank you so much !