Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 20 Feb 20, 08:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Hornet1976
Getting Excited

Mobile Chances of Oct 20 half term last second deal?

Has anybody managed to get a really cheap deal by booking in the last few days before they go in Oct half term? Are last minute deals even a thing these days? If we were to go it would need to be a cracking deal and preferably we'd want to stay at a Universal deluxe hotel for the express passes.
Hornet1976 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 20, 09:21 AM  
Link to this Post
GoldenAvalanche
Imagineer

Mobile

Hard Rock Hotel was fully booked about a month or 2 before Oct half term when I looked last year (well standard rooms). Flights since TC do not seemed to have dropped yet, our flights for May half term are £6000 currently compared to the £2000 we paid last year, whereas last year flights had really dropped.

I always seem to see good package deals last minute August and sept, maybe because of US holidays.

I suppose no one can say as each year will be different, flights I find are cheapest about 7-9 months out, if it’s a busy time like term tint they will fill up and won’t get dramatically cheaper.
GoldenAvalanche is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 20, 09:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Gipsy 4
slightly serious Dibber

Gipsy 4's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Think it will depend on how full the flights are. If you’re travelling Saturday-Saturday at half term I doubt you will even get a seat if you leave it late. Also late October is popular in a Florida due to the Halloween parties. I hope you manage it but it’d be good fortune if you do!
Gipsy 4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 20, 10:43 AM  
Link to this Post
beautybutterfly
Imagineer

beautybutterfly's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
My feeling is probably not, as Gipsy said the half term dates are extremely popular and there's very rarely anything left.

You might be able to get reasonable-ish indirect flights but as for a deluxe universal hotel - I think they'll be astronomic given HHN
Westridge North May 2014 | DLP The Kyriad March 2015 | Southern Dunes May 2015 | New York and Toronto October 2015 | Highlands Reserve DIBB villa May 2016 | LA & Vegas October 2016 | New York December 2016 | The Keys & Orlando Lake Berkley Dibb Villa April 2017 | Las Vegas MGM Grand May 2018 | Wyndham Resort iDrive April 2022 | Rosen Inn LBV Aug 2022
beautybutterfly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 20, 01:19 PM  
Link to this Post
jlbf06
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

We are staying five nights at HRH over half term, there seems to be plenty of availability but the stay more save more room rates might sell out closer to the time. I’d hold a room on a fully refundable rate if I were you. The annual pass holder rates are up for some of the universal hotels but not for deluxes yet. I’m watching and waiting but have a smsm rate held just in case - I’m not banking on it with HHN being so popular! We have what I think is a good price flying LHR into Miami - Oct 24-Nov 3, direct flights and fully incl suv for £1300 2ad 2ch.
jlbf06 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 20, 03:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Hornet1976
Getting Excited

Mobile

Originally Posted by beautybutterfly View Post
My feeling is probably not, as Gipsy said the half term dates are extremely popular and there's very rarely anything left.

You might be able to get reasonable-ish indirect flights but as for a deluxe universal hotel - I think they'll be astronomic given HHN
Completely forgot about HHN, that's a good point!
Hornet1976 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 20, 03:59 PM  
Link to this Post
jlbf06
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Sunshine.co.uk have reasonable rates on Universal hotels with a £1 deposit.
jlbf06 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 20, 10:12 PM  
Link to this Post
The waltons
Excited about Disney

The waltons's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Stay for long have great deals on hard rock