Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 17 Feb 20, 07:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Princesa
Imagineer

Mobile

Oh the quality of the pic isn’t very good for some reason. I’ll try again:
Princesa is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 20, 10:02 AM  
Link to this Post
Princesa
Imagineer

Mobile

I’ll just fill it in with the date of transaction And amount as the new booking rather than the Thomas cook one, I’m including a cover letter should I get it wrong!
Princesa is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 20, 10:59 AM  
Link to this Post
anneeb
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Princesa View Post
I’ll just fill it in with the date of transaction And amount as the new booking rather than the Thomas cook one, I’m including a cover letter should I get it wrong!
I can't remember what I put down, except for putting the difference that I was claiming in the additional expenses box. I included a covering letter as well, so that should help.

Edited at 11:01 AM.
anneeb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 20, 07:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Princesa
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by anneeb View Post
I can't remember what I put down, except for putting the difference that I was claiming in the additional expenses box. I included a covering letter as well, so that should help.
Thank you! Fingers crossed!
Old 22 Feb 20, 03:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Princesa
Imagineer

Mobile

I’ve popped it in the post today, just so I can keep an eye on timings!
Old 29 Feb 20, 09:17 AM  
Link to this Post
Princesa
Imagineer

Mobile

Sorry, I know I keep posting on here and talking to myself 🙈

So we sent the form off last Saturday and today we’ve had a refund of £920.08 which is fantastic, although not our total amount.

The difference between the flights was £1030.12
We paid for 5 x baggage at £90 each as these were included with TC. So that was £450
We also paid to select our seats as again this was included with TC but extra with TUI. So this was £216

Total being £1380.13
Refund given £920.08
Difference = £460.04

The difference is close to the seat selection, but not that amount. So I can’t work out what they’ve not agreed with. I assume we’ll get a letter in the next few days to explain.

Thanks so much to everyone on this thread, even if I’ve “only” got £900 of it back, it’s something we would have just written off and not claimed for. I do kind of wish I’d booked virgin flights and had everything included and gone into MCO rather than SFB but it’s a minor thing and I wouldn’t have been happy if I’d made a mistake and didn’t get the flight prices back.
Old 29 Feb 20, 10:06 AM  
Link to this Post
emmafleur
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

So we sent the form off last Saturday and today we’ve had a refund of £920.08 which is fantastic, although not our total amount.

We paid for 5 x baggage at £90 each as these were included with TC. So that was £450
We also paid to select our seats as again this was included with TC but extra with TUI. So this was £216

Total being £1380.13
Refund given £920.08
Difference = £460.04

The difference is close to the seat selection, but not that amount. So I can’t work out what they’ve not agreed with. I assume we’ll get a letter in the next few days to explain.

Thanks so much to everyone on this thread, even if I’ve “only” got £900 of it back, it’s something we would have just written off and not claimed for. I do kind of wish I’d booked virgin flights and had everything included and gone into MCO rather than SFB but it’s a minor thing and I wouldn’t have been happy if I’d made a mistake and didn’t get the flight prices back.
I’m so pleased that you got lots of your money back, but annoyed for you that they didn’t give you the full amount. I would certainly be questioning it as they should have. Definitely check why and push for that final amount if you feel up to it. That’s a fair amount you’ve missed out on. Even so, congratulations 😊😊😊😊😊
emmafleur is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Feb 20, 10:15 AM  
Link to this Post
antheve
Helping Minnie

Mobile

Total being £1380.13
Refund given £920.08
Difference = £460.04

Great stuff. With regards the full amount. They paid out for all immediate family with me however they would not pay out for the consequential loss of my niece who was on my booking. Six in total so they paid 5/6ths.
antheve is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Feb 20, 10:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Princesa
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by antheve View Post
Great stuff. With regards the full amount. They paid out for all immediate family with me however they would not pay out for the consequential loss of my niece who was on my booking. Six in total so they paid 5/6ths.
Oh you’re right! They’ve only paid out 4/6ths and so haven’t paid for my parents. Did you do anything about that or did you just have to suck it up?
Old 29 Feb 20, 10:27 AM  
Link to this Post
antheve
Helping Minnie

Mobile

Oh you’re right! They’ve only paid out 4/6ths and so haven’t paid for my parents. Did you do anything about that or did you just have to suck it up?
I accepted it as that. It was money I had never even contemplated until reading this thread so I was happy.
antheve is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List