Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 13 Feb 20, 11:45 AM  
Link to this Post
sunseeker
Imagineer

Originally Posted by duchy View Post
I think you forget just how much fun it is not to have to plan and decide months out when you are going to ride what ...
This is the main reason we now skip Disney, and can't see us going back for the foreseeable. I like Disney and their rides but I find that having to plan your day to the nth degree off putting. In not doing Disney we have discovered and enjoy so much more of Florida.

Dave
sunseeker is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Feb 20, 12:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
I think you forget just how much fun it is not to have to plan and decide months out when you are going to ride what ...
Originally Posted by sunseeker View Post
This is the main reason we now skip Disney, and can't see us going back for the foreseeable. I like Disney and their rides but I find that having to plan your day to the nth degree off putting. In not doing Disney we have discovered and enjoy so much more of Florida.

Dave
As I posted above, we rocked up at the Beach Club, having booked it less than 12 hours earlier with no tickets, fastpasses nor ADRs.

We had a great week, went on everything we wanted, including the big attractions such as FoP and 7DMT and ate at some great places.

If you have been lucky enough to have been before, you will still have an amazing time having done no planning at all.

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Feb 20, 01:38 PM  
Link to this Post
MrFish
Excited about Disney

Mobile

The mouse will find all deserters and appear in your room in the middle of the night until you at the very least, visit Disney Springs.
MrFish is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Feb 20, 01:49 PM  
Link to this Post
dpmcalister
Apprentice Imagineer

dpmcalister's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by MrFish View Post
The mouse will find all deserters and appear in your room in the middle of the night until you at the very least, visit Disney Springs.
I only plan to visit Disney Springs when it's time to check-in my luggage for the flight home
Old 13 Feb 20, 01:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Tiger431
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by JayPR View Post
Same as thelegalbeagle

Never did it last year and not doing it this year.Never missed it last year and the feelings the same for our visit this year
Been once, vowed never to go again! Each to their own of course...
Tiger431 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Feb 20, 02:00 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bozza View Post
As I posted above, we rocked up at the Beach Club, having booked it less than 12 hours earlier with no tickets, fastpasses nor ADRs.

We had a great week, went on everything we wanted, including the big attractions such as FoP and 7DMT and ate at some great places.

If you have been lucky enough to have been before, you will still have an amazing time having done no planning at all.
I disagree
I’ve been many times , pre and post fast pass but unless you hit a really low footfall time it just has become less fun for me now and I’m doing more than “just” Disney . Glad it worked out for you though... we don’t get Disney pangs but you clearly both did
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Feb 20, 02:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
I disagree
I’ve been many times , pre and post fast pass but unless you hit a really low footfall time it just has become less fun for me now and I’m doing more than “just” Disney . Glad it worked out for you though... we don’t get Disney pangs but you clearly both did
You said...

"I think you forget just how much fun it is not to have to plan and decide months out when you are going to ride what ..."

...I'm just contending that you don't HAVE to plan, you don't HAVE to decide months out when are you going to ride what.

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Feb 20, 11:20 AM  
Link to this Post
sunseeker
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bozza View Post
You said...

"I think you forget just how much fun it is not to have to plan and decide months out when you are going to ride what ..."

...I'm just contending that you don't HAVE to plan, you don't HAVE to decide months out when are you going to ride what.
I don't think that's fair to give the impression you don't have to plan ahead, for the majority of people you certainly do and even then there's no guarantee you will get fast passes or restaurants you want, let alone the times you would like. I would suggest your experience was the exception rather than the rule. There's planning for an action packed holiday and now there's the Disney way. For some that's ok but for us it just takes the enjoyment out of the holiday. Gone are the days when you could just buy your 14 day ticket turn up to a park on a wim and ride pretty much everything guaranteed.

Dave
sunseeker is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Feb 20, 06:01 PM  
Link to this Post
memphis69
Very Serious Dibber

this tread is a bit weird as the majority of people don't seem to want to go to Disney anymore considering this is a Disney forum!
memphis69 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Feb 20, 06:09 PM  
Link to this Post
dpmcalister
Apprentice Imagineer

dpmcalister's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by memphis69 View Post
this tread is a bit weird as the majority of people don't seem to want to go to Disney anymore considering this is a Disney forum!
I treat it as an Orlando forum. Disney may well be it's main focus but it's also the best website/forum out there for advice on Orlando in general too.